What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Oregon Weed Thread -Grows, News and Laws and Whatever

mfdoo0mm

I am concerned of larger corporations strangling out smaller grows. Big Ag won't give a shit about us. Growers who don't want to sell their businesses or maintain a smaller operation are now facing some serious challenges. I really feel there needs to be a grower network established, forgive my ignorance if there is one, with the ability to have a voice and ability to have a fighting chance against some corporation like Monsanto. You know they're going to try to patent or put private ownership on the chemical composition of cannabis when the time is most profitable. I like having outside capital come in as long as the industry allows for those who have been doing this for generations to continue to do so.

I have to 100% agree with you.

I do not see outside investors being good business for us Oregon growers.

We ARE small time, comparatively speaking. It needs to stay that way. You can literally CREATE jobs with this industry, something a man can use to feed his family with.

R

Robrites

OLCC, OHA to Provide Show & Tell Forum to Explain Pre-Approval Process

OLCC, OHA to Provide Show & Tell Forum to Explain Pre-Approval Process

Packaging & Labeling Marijuana Products for Oregon’s Retail Markets
What’s Required, What’s Allowed?

February 11, 2016

Portland, Oregon - The Oregon Liquor Control Commission and the Oregon Health Authority will hold a workshop to provide an overview of the medical and recreational marijuana product labeling and packaging pre-approval process on Monday, February 22, 2016 from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m. at OLCC Headquarters at 9079 SE McLoughlin Blvd., Portland, OR 97222.

Products for Oregon’s regulated medical and recreational marijuana markets need to follow specific labeling and packaging requirements. Packaged products currently sold at medical marijuana dispensaries must meet the labeling and packaging standard before June 1, 2016. After June 1, 2016 new medical marijuana packaged products, and recreational marijuana packaged goods must meet the standard before being made available for retail sale.

The purpose of the workshop is to educate registrants, future licensees, and the public about the pre-approval process for packaging and labeling. Representatives from OHA and OLCC will provide information on the rules and the OLCC will walk-through the pre-approval process using a packaging example.

After the agency presentations, attendees can ask questions about packaging and labeling. The meeting will not be a place for people to comment on the rules themselves but rather a place to answer any questions and provide feedback regarding the pre-approval process.

Audio from the meeting will be recorded and posted on the OLCC recreational marijuana website afterward.

Additional information about labeling and packaging can be found on the OLCC recreational marijuana website.

http://www.oregon.gov/olcc/docs/news/news_releases/2016/nr_PackagingWorkshop_021116.pdf

R

Robrites

Oregon marijuana grower sues maker of popular pesticide for fraud

Oregon marijuana grower sues maker of popular pesticide for fraud

A Eugene marijuana grower this week filed a class-action lawsuit against the maker of a popular mite spray that contained a common pesticide even though it was advertised as all natural.

Bradley Lillie filed the suit Thursday against All In Enterprises in Multnomah County Circuit Court, accusing the company of fraud, negligent misrepresentation and violation of the state's unlawful trade practices act.

The Illinois company produced the popular mite spray marketed as Guardian. Oregon Department of Agriculture officials recently ordered Guardian removed from store shelves after confirming it contained an active ingredient not listed on its label. By law, labels must include all ingredients.

Tommy McCathron, listed as company president in Illinois Secretary of State records, on Friday declined to comment.

In an interview earlier this week, McCathron said the product is no longer being sold in stores or online. In an earlier interview, he said Guardian contained ivermectin, a common pesticide, and that he did not know the label had to include all active ingredients.

Guardian's label claims the product is "100 percent natural" and lists only cinnamon and citric oils as active ingredients and yeast extract, sunflower lecithin and water as inert ones.

The label goes on to say that Guardian is "one of the most effective spider mite products in today's market. ... This product will eliminate even the worst mite problems with one application."

Spider mites, along with mold and mildew, are common problems in marijuana cultivation.

The problem with Guardian came to light after Rodger Voelker, a chemist at OG Analytical, a marijuana testing lab in Eugene, ran a test on the pesticide. He found abamectin on samples of marijuana that growers insisted had been produced using organic practices as well as with Guardian. Abamectin is similar to ivermectin.

Voelker reported his results to the state, which conducted its own lab tests and confirmed the chemist's findings.

The state has since removed Guardian from the list of pesticides cannabis growers may use on their crops.

Lillie says he spent about $20 last November or December for a container of Guardian at a garden store in Eugene. Lillie examined the label, saw that it contained "only natural, plant derivative ingredients that any consumer would be familiar with: cinnamon oil, lemon grass oil, citric acid, yeast extract, sunflower lecithin, and water."

The label spelled out percentages for each ingredient and they totaled 100 percent, "falsely implying that there are no ingredients in the product other than the listed natural ingredients."

Lillie says it's "impossible" to buy the product without seeing the company's "all natural representations." He also said he paid a premium for the product due to its natural ingredients.

The Agriculture Department said the case involving Guardian represents multiple violations of state pesticide law, including adulteration of a pesticide, misbranding and making false or misleading claims about a pesticide product.
oregonlive.com

Dr.King

Veteran
Lots of changes headed our way-Some Good, Some Bad

A bill that would open Oregon's marijuana industry to out-of-state investors passed out of committee Tuesday and now heads to the House.

The provision, part of House Bill 4014, removes the two-year residency requirement included in a law passed last year by the Legislature.

The legislation is among several marijuana-related bills moving through the 35-day session, which began last week.

Senate Majority Leader Ginny Burdick, co-chair of the committee, said the pending marijuana legislation represents "some of the major work that will be done in this session."

Burdick, D-Portland, emphasized the urgency of the bills, saying the issues are critical to those entering the market.

"People are making decisions and (filing) license applications right now, even as we speak," she said before the vote.

The residency issue is a controversial one in the marijuana industry, with larger producers arguing that they need outside capital to grow and smaller ones worried they will be squeezed out of the market.

Among other provisions in the bill:

-- Reducing annual medical marijuana card registration fees for veterans from $200 to $20. Currently, veterans with 100 percent disability qualify for the discount.

-- Treating medical marijuana the same as prescription drugs when setting conditions for people on pretrial release, diversion unrelated to impaired driving, probation or post-prison supervision.

-- Allowing all marijuana establishments to deduct business expenses allowable under the federal tax code when filing state tax returns. Under current policy, only recreational marijuana businesses with Oregon Liquor Control Commission licenses are eligible to claim those exemptions.

-- Allowing medical marijuana patients, many who complain that the Oregon Health Authority is slow to process applications for cards, to use completed application receipts as a registry card when shopping at dispensaries. Currently, patients must show a valid medical marijuana card to make purchases.

A House-Senate legislative committee has scheduled a public hearing on a second marijuana-related bill, Senate Bill 1511, for 3 p.m. Friday.

It would allow recreational marijuana stores to sell tax-free medical marijuana to patients. It also would allow people 21 and older to buy marijuana-infused edibles and concentrates during the state's so-called early sales program.

Under that program, which began last October, medical marijuana dispensaries may sell to recreational consumers, but those sales have been limited to flowers, seeds and young marijuana plants.
Oregonlive.com

I am planning to move to Oregon. Great news they are hopefully removing the residency requirements. Thought I was going to have to work for someone as a Botanist but crossing my fingers that changes. Growing quality cannabis isn't a problem. If I can pump out 20%+ thc cannabis in my little set up having to rig stuff so it works right. Moving and doing things big will be a welcome sight.

Any information on when the verdict will be in on the bill? Thanks a lot for the information.

hup234

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am planning to move to Oregon. Great news they are hopefully removing the residency requirements. Thought I was going to have to work for someone as a Botanist but crossing my fingers that changes. Growing quality cannabis isn't a problem. If I can pump out 20%+ thc cannabis in my little set up having to rig stuff so it works right. Moving and doing things big will be a welcome sight.

so much humble bragging in one little paragraph:dance013:

R

Robrites

Bring a big bag of cash. Doing it legal is getting more expensive by the day. Oh, and might as well drag along your lawyer as well. The way laws are changing it is going to be a challenge to stay in compliance.
Cash. Lawyer. Skill. Piece of Cake.

R

Robrites

Man at Eugene marijuana business cited for allegedly firing shotgun into the air

Man at Eugene marijuana business cited for allegedly firing shotgun into the air

Eugene police officers with K-9 dogs responding to a report of shots being fired near West First Avenue and Grimes Street on Thursday morning found a man holding a shotgun inside of a marijuana-*related business in the area and took cover, police said Friday.

According to authorities, the shotgun-bearing man, Daniel Y. Fung, 40, of Eugene could be seen crouching in a furtive posture. But when police called the business, Fung answered and spoke with them. He then came outside without the gun and was cited for unlawfully discharging a firearm, police said. It’s generally illegal to fire a gun within the city limits.

The incident began at 11:45 a.m. when two people said they heard someone shooting in the area, according to police.

Officers saw Fung in the window of the business, police said. After an officer spoke with Fung, he came out and told police he thought he heard someone trying to break in, so he grabbed a shotgun and stepped outside.

Fung told police a person started to walk toward him, so he fired two warning shots into the air.

Police declined to name the business on the 200 block of Grimes Street. There are several businesses in that area in an industrial park setting.
http://registerguard.com

mfdoo0mm

Any information on when the verdict will be in on the bill? Thanks a lot for the information.

Lol @ guy callin you on bragging.

But damn, just checked out your yogi grow

HAHA!!

R

Robrites

Marijuana bills that will make a difference for the better: Editorial Agenda 2016

Marijuana bills that will make a difference for the better: Editorial Agenda 2016

By The Oregonian Editorial Board

It took a year of getting used to, but the unthinkable made sense from the start: Sell recreational and medical marijuana under the same roof. One-stop shopping. Streamlined regulatory efforts. No confusion from consumer. And, critically, no threat to medical marijuana users fearful their preferred products would be lost.

Blistering through bills in a legislative session lasting what seems the blink of an eye, lawmakers in Salem are tightening Oregon's rollout of legal recreational pot in such a way as to integrate the well-established, but largely unregulated, medical marijuana market into the new recreational market. In doing so, they'll save themselves and Oregonians from unkinking a dual system that might have sputtered in just a few years.
Oregon lawmakers now seem to believe enough ground has been turned to get pot right straight out of the gate.

This week, a bill to close the separation between legal recreational and medical marijuana will go up for a vote. It should pass. It allows businesses with licenses to sell recreational pot also to sell medical marijuana products. Significantly, it also would require that any medical marijuana product sold in a recreational pot shop undergo the same rigorous tracking, from seed to sale, as recreational pot and as conducted by the Oregon Liquor Control Commission. This is good for the consumer, good for regulators and law enforcement, and good for a new market segment that will depend upon state-certified product authenticity and consistency. A separate bill, meanwhile, would ensure that purchases by medical marijuana patients, along with their caregivers, will continue to be free of taxation.

READ the REST http://www.oregonlive.com/opinion/index.ssf/2016/02/marijuana_bills_that_will_make.html

R

Robrites

Oregon celebrates 157th birthday

Oregon celebrates 157th birthday

Happy birthday, Oregon.

Covered wagons, costumed interpreters and the original Oregon Constitution served as parts of the 157th birthday celebration at the Capitol on Saturday.

Oregon became the 33rd state to join the union on Feb. 14, 1859, about 54 years after the Lewis and Clark Expedition entered the territory.

"I really like the live action and the characters in costumes," said Vernadene Anderson, of Salem.

The celebration included learning opportunities about the state in which visitors could explore Oregon history.

"I enjoyed the woodworking station, it was great to see a presentation of how they used to do it," said Peter Anderson, of Salem.

"We learned that they actually hired scribes to take down the minutes for the meetings and to write the documents," Vernadene Anderson said. "I thought there might have been just one for consistency, but some of those documents are huge, so they needed more."

Gloria Lutz (left) with the Yamhill County HistoricalBuy Photo

Gloria Lutz (left) with the Yamhill County Historical Society talks about the covered wagon replica that the historical society has on display outside of the State Capitol in celebration of Oregon's 157th birthday on Saturday, Feb. 13, 2016. Visitors could learn about Oregon's history through interactive exhibits and tour the Capitol building. (Photo: MOLLY J. SMITH/Statesman Journal)

The Curtis Heritage Education Center, a nonprofit established in 2013, had one of its wagons on display that was reportedly a part of the Oregon Trail expedition.

"We don't know for sure because there weren't VIN numbers back then, but we have a pretty good idea based on the hub style that was used," said Don Scott, vice president of the education center. "That dates it back to somewhere in the 1840s."
[URL="http://www.statesmanjournal.com/story/news/2016/02/13/oregon-celebrates-157th-birthday/80309832/"/URL]

R

Robrites

OSP: Minnesota Man Arrested in Oregon with 113lbs. of Marijuana

OSP: Minnesota Man Arrested in Oregon with 113lbs. of Marijuana

picture.php

KLAMATH COUNTY, Ore. — Oregon State Police arrested a Minnesota man Friday for drug crimes in Klamath County after a trooper found a large quantity of marijuana in the man’s car.

The OSP trooper pulled over David Huckaby, 33, of St. Paul Minnesota for speeding on Klamath Falls-Lakeview Highway near Bly, Oregon Friday afternoon.

The trooper then found about 113 pounds of marijuana in the trunk of Huckaby’s 2012 Toyota Camry.

Huckaby was arrested for unlawful possession and distribution of marijuana and lodged at the Klamath County Jail.

The 113 pounds of marijuana is valued at about $226,000.

Sluicebox

deleted. Nothing more than a frustrated question. However here is another.

Just re read the whole current 100 pages of rules on the Medical. Robrites states above you better bring lots of cash and a lawyer. He's exactly right.

Of note would be the $500 fine per day per violation. No where does it say they can't assess that retroactively. See I thought their cash cow would be on taxes, nope. Fines and Fees, that's where it's at. Now here is a question, Where does the money go that's generated from the fines? As it states that only the money from the taxes will be split up into the programs. Nothing is mentioned about where the income generated from the fines will go.

Last edited:
R

Robrites

Oregon House spends hours reading aloud marijuana bill before vote

Oregon House spends hours reading aloud marijuana bill before vote

SALEM — The Oregon House approved a bill Monday that removes a two-year residency requirement for recreational marijuana producers, processors and retailers, but first lawmakers had to read the bill.

Aloud.

All 51 pages.

The extraordinary narration — which after a few minutes made for an effective sleep aid — resulted from a rarely used procedural move deployed by Republicans during the Legislature's 35-day session:

Each bill must be read aloud, in its entirety, no matter how long it takes.

And so it went. One after the other, lawmakers took turns reciting House Bill 4014. Some stopped to sip water. Others tried to speed read or worked to deliver dry legal language with flair. Rep. Gene Whisnant, R-Sun River, stumbled over "cannabis," calling it "cannibal."

Another lawmaker, Rep. Carla Piluso, D-Gresham, too, struggled with pronunciation.

"Cannabinoid?" the former police chief asked, looking up from the bill. "Is that how you say that?"

The drawn-out House vote, which began in the morning and extended well into the afternoon, marked the second carnival-like floor session in the past three business days. On Thursday, Senate Republicans used a blizzard of procedural moves to stretch a vote on the minimum wage to more than six hours.

Republicans in both chambers, upset that Democrats were packing so many complicated and politically contentious issues into the session, made it known on the first day that they would be far stingier with the courtesies and constitutional waivers they normally supply without a hitch.

It took almost two hours to get a little more than halfway through the marijuana bill, one of several pot-related proposals moving through the Legislature. House Speaker Tina Kotek, D-Portland, spared the chamber's clerks and spread the pain by asking lawmakers to read the legislation — a move widely seen as unprecedented.
oregonlive.com

R

Robrites

View Image

KLAMATH COUNTY, Ore. — Oregon State Police arrested a Minnesota man Friday for drug crimes in Klamath County after a trooper found a large quantity of marijuana in the man’s car.

The OSP trooper pulled over David Huckaby, 33, of St. Paul Minnesota for speeding on Klamath Falls-Lakeview Highway near Bly, Oregon Friday afternoon.

The trooper then found about 113 pounds of marijuana in the trunk of Huckaby’s 2012 Toyota Camry.

Huckaby was arrested for unlawful possession and distribution of marijuana and lodged at the Klamath County Jail.

Huckaby is an accomplished cellist. He received a Master’s Degree from the prestigious Juilliard School, and the 33-year-old performed with the St. Paul Chamber Orchestra for four seasons. He is now in an Oregon jail.
“It’s disconcerting to have somebody out of state with that much money in marijuana,” Patridge said.
Recreational marijuana use is legal in Oregon. But the amount troopers say they found on Huckaby has him facing charges for distribution. The Klamath County District Attorney says rural Oregon has seen an increase in cases like this.
“People who are buying large amounts of weed and going high levels of speed are likely to get caught. We’ve had a lot of mules coming through rural Oregon, whether it be meth or marijuana, and they’re coming through and they’re making mistakes on their, on speeding and our officers know what to look for,” Patridge said.

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
View Image

Wow, bummer. People think its legal and that means they can do whatever they want....wrong.

R

Robrites

Marijuana cookie sends Oregon boy to hospital

Marijuana cookie sends Oregon boy to hospital

An 8-year-old Klamath Falls boy became ill last Saturday after eating a marijuana-infused cookie that he found on the ground.

The child’s mother, Jessica Hart, 30, said her son, Jackson, came home from an afternoon outing at a local rock quarry complaining he was sick. He pulled at his chest and made motions that suggested he was choking. He had trouble keeping his eyes open.

“He said everything looked like a cartoon,” Hart recalled Tuesday. “He said he was vibrating all over.”

The second-grader said his stomach hurt. He vomited. Thinking he had food poisoning, Hart asked what he’d eaten that day.

A cookie, he said.

He found it, still sealed in its original packaging, about two hours earlier at the quarry, where he and his mom’s boyfriend and another adult were shooting targets. Hart said when her boyfriend heard Jackson say something about finding a cookie, he told the child not to eat it. But when her boyfriend looked away, Jackson gobbled it up.

Alarmed, Hart asked her boyfriend to return to the quarry to see if he could find the package, which he did. According to the label, the cookie was infused with an estimated 50 milligrams of THC.

“Essentially,” she said, “he was just really high.”

Hart Googled “poison control” and called the number that popped up. The center staff advised her to take her son to Sky Lakes Medical Center in Klamath Falls.

There, he was given intravenous fluids and monitored by emergency room staff for about five hours, Hart said.

Dr. Grant Niskanen, vice president of medical affairs at the hospital, confirmed that the boy was treated for symptoms related to marijuana ingestion.

“He was agitated and a little confused and his parents were rightfully concerned,” Niskanen said.

http://www.worldwideweed.xyz/

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
The boyfriend said not to eat it yet he ate it anyways. The kid probably thought he could just ask for forgiveness for eating it or simpley replace it since its something as trivial as a cookie. Whoops youngster, it ain't what u thought it was. I guess there is a good example of why to not make edibles attractive to kids.

R

Robrites

Oregon House Passes Cannabis Bill Changing Penalties and Requirements

Oregon House Passes Cannabis Bill Changing Penalties and Requirements

(SALEM, Ore.) - In a strong bipartisan vote yesterday, the House passed a bill that right-sizes penalties for marijuana offenses, makes it easier for medical patients to access medicine, and helps small businesses sell to the legal adult-use market.

House Bill 4014 is the first of three bills drafted this session to further fine-tune the regulatory framework developed in 2015 to establish Oregon’s recreational cannabis market. Here is a summary of some of the key provisions in the bill:

Youth Cannabis-use Prevention Program: Creates a pilot program to prevent youth from using cannabis.
Residency Requirements: Brings legal cannabis businesses in line with other legal businesses by removing restrictions on the residency of individuals that may own or invest in legal cannabis businesses in Oregon. This will help enable businesses to meet business needs despite lack of access to banking services.
Small Businesses: Encourages the OLCC to help small producers have a meaningful role in the OLCC-regulated sector by adopting licensure requirements that better fit the needs of small farms.
Criminal Justice Issues: Reduces some criminal penalties related to a range of marijuana offenses and directs state to treat medical cannabis use like use of prescription drugs when setting conditions for pre-trial release, diversion, parole, and probation. The bill returns penalties to pre-HB 3400 level for conduct that involves unlicensed use of highly explosive materials or significant production within 1000-feet of a school. The bill expressly prohibits smoking cannabis while driving.
http://www.salem-news.com/articles/february172016/cannabis-oregon-house.php