What's new

Anyone here currently NOT smoking cannabis?

Joe Rogan

Like you quit or you are taking a short break.

I decided to stop smoking on September 16th 2013.

I think indica which is usually what I smoke considering its rare to find pure or high sativa from canadian street dealers. I just feel that it makes me down gives me psychosis, unmotivates me. Maybe its because of my surrounding or that fact that I have no friends living in a rink dink town that I came back to, or maybe it was my heavy use as a young teen.

I'll be giving it another shot. I am traveling to Vancouver 3 Day bus drive and hitting up 420 again there. Last year was pretty cool all these booths and such selling edibles, oils, hash and bud. I will try and find mainly sativas but hey you never know whos bullshitting you.

So yea sorry for the banter. Oh and I miss growing bud. Its a hobby of mine that I rarely do.

doneit

Veteran
I quit a few yrs ago do to health reasons...

I must admit, after a month or so i felt much better... pot really held me back, as far as motivation, work ethic, etc

Thats just my experience after quiting

Elements001

Enhance
Veteran
I was ready to stop smoking until I harvested my own crop. The crap I was getting at dispensaries was horrible, and I didnt even really know it. I thought it was me, or that something was wrong. I can only imagine its the same or worse buying off street dealers, havnt done that in years.

If you can grow your own I think you'll find the high will be much more satisfying. That, and the actual hobby of growing is great. I dont have many friends myself, but I do have my girls and they make me very happy now. Keeps you busy and your mind occupied instead of rambling around on stupid shit.

Glad I didn't stop before trying some of my own, had no idea how nice it would be.

mdk ktm

Have not smoked in 3 years. Still have another 2 years on parole. It will be a glorious day when I am finally done with this shit. The last 4 years of my life have sucked just because I was growing a plant.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
HAVEN'T smoked weed in almost 3 years....

BUT, I smoke a 1/2 zip of BHO week....

Garhart

Had a wife who was in health care. My eating the canna no problem , but she was not happy with the burning of it. I am trying to make that adjustment. I would be real happy if I could go with dry sift for everything, but that may take a bit more time.

No. Taking a break for awhile. Maybe a few months maybe a few years.

However I will say smoking dope isnt addictive but growing it is ;)

Last year I started jogging trying to lose weight. The first night I was only able to run

about 50 feet. Now I run about 2 miles. I stopped smoking for about ten weeks. Then I

smoked for a week. Then quit again for 10 weeks. This has become my pattern.

I like the clean active feeling I get from regular workouts. But I also like the deep relaxation and quality sleep I get from a quality bud.

Now i just indulge for one week after every harvest, then quit until the next harvest.

This balance of jogging and smoking schedule is working out well for me.

Also, Cannabis is not addictive no matter what anybody says.

Joe Rogan

I thought I would be the only one here.. Especially in the toker's den.

Nothing is addictive. It's your addictive personality, that is if you have one. I do not. Infact I have the opposite. I give up, I get bored and I cannot stick to anything. If I make plans for college or w.e I give up and what to do something else and it repeats itself. So I have learned or am learning to go with the flow.

Marcellas

Veteran
I think I might take a break for awhile. I start getting into the habit of smoking a couple times a day, and it loses it's luster a bit. I start to lose my motivation a bit when I smoke everyday, and the positive qualities decrease.

This is a time for me when I should be focusing on other things in my life, building myself and trying to start a career (go finish school). I think I might need to take a break for awhile.

It's never a bad thing to clear your head

I'll be quitting again shortly so I can take a piss test for a job offering me a raise and benefits. Done this crap 23 times already for various companies, never failed, but it gets annoying.

Sucks balls, but every now and then a break is good for your lungs.

Most smokers I know end up being dawn to dusk burners of our favorite plant and it really can get expensive for those of us without the right situation to do our own grow.

Give it a rest for awhile...get your head in a better space, smoke some nice sativas, and you'll enjoy it again.

As much as everyone here loves our favorite plant, I think most people would agree that some people get into dark moods when high and it might not be the best thing for them at that moment. Especially if you are smoking alone and the smoke is demotivating.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hardly ever smoke these days, but I still get high with edibles or vaporizing. I do take breaks sometimes. It seems like every 2 or 3 years something comes up where I stop getting high for a few months. I haven't actually run out since the 90s. If it was addictive, it would be hard to take a break for a few months while it's here the whole time waiting for me.

When I take breaks from weed, I take breaks from icmag too. It helps to focus my interests somewhere else until I'm ready to get high again. Spending time looking through beautiful bud and hash pics is awesome when you're high, not when you're trying to take a break.

GreeeeN GRassss

duppy conqueror
Veteran
i agree with the OP, i mainly grow smoke Indica dom strains and it can be difficult. smoking strong indicas as all you guys know its pretty hard to find motivation for anything.

at the moment i have no weed, the first few days is difficult with out it but after a week i sleep alot better eat way better with out weed. most people smoke weed to sleep eat better but after prolonged smoking its the opposite for me.

i do feel depressed at times and feeling down but thats not entirely down to the weed either, your work situation your social life plays an even bigger part. if you have a job have friends been social. at the moment i have no job dont see friends to often but the weed gets blamed when im mainly at fault.

Blue Socks

I've been contemplating taking a break for a little while now. I am a hobbyist and like someone else said, it's not the smoking of it that's addictive, it's the growing. I love all the little chores and things that need to be done over the course of a grow and stopping that seems like it will be hard. And then of course when you grow you have more than enough for yourself to use, so it gets harder to quit when you're sitting on ounces and ounces with more on the way.

Only way i'm going to stop smoking is if I stop growing so that's what I really need to concentrate on if I'm gonna be serious about taking a break.

I had close to 1000 posts before but I guess threads I was writing in were deleted so my post count went way down.

Anyway this is post 420 (again)..and it came in a "i need to quit smoking weed" thread haha nice!

Budweiser13

I quit in September 2013. been smoking for about 20 years. Just got burned out. For me it was really easy to just quit cold turkey no withdrawals at all. I do feel more healthy more clear headed more energy.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I don't loose any motivation,actually quite the opposite...I love to get outdoors and explore when stoned.....almost everything is more fun stoned