What's new

America's first cannabis candy

Garhart

Maple syrup based cannabis candy.
Anyone know what the recipe is?
Keep running into the same very short description: the Gunjah Wallah Company made maple sugar hashish candy, ...

Could any one add anything ?

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
cannabis candy been out a while... all kinds of sweets..never made any myself but had a few lolipops

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I use the ISO wash method to extract. Then mix that into any hard candy or delicious treat recipe :)

The wife makes strawberry hard candy that will lay you out proper.

Garhart

Maybe I worded it wrong : The First cannabis candy was made by the Gunjha Walla Company. Would anyone have any idea what the recipe was for IT, not some other recipe, but the recipe for that original maple based hash infused candy.

RonSmooth

Veteran
Maybe I worded it wrong : The First cannabis candy was made by the Gunjha Walla Company. Would anyone have any idea what the recipe was for IT, not some other recipe, but the recipe for that original maple based hash infused candy.

Where did you get that information?

The only google hits related to cannabis candy and that company point to this thread.

Maple candy is simple to make. I'm sure people were making it LONG before it was mass produced.

"Infusing" it with cannabis is as simple as tossing some weed or hash in the boiling sugar.

There are tons of recipes for cannabis candy online. I found several recipes for Maple candy with a quick search. I'm sure it would be easy to put the two together if you cant find something specific.

Why so interested in this specific one?

Gry

Veteran
Jack Herer's book, was the source of the information, I should have included that in the original post.
The authentic has unique appeal.

billycw

Veteran
Here is one of the first ads from The Ottawa free trader, Illinois newspaper July 22, 1865.

Will look back at all I have saved to see if I can find any more clues for you.

The story was some doctor traveling oversea's with his family when the daughter came down with something and hashish medicine was the only thing that saved her life...

Coming back to America from the trip he invented or came up with this candy recipe...

I remember reading and saving a big counter campaign against the candy, years later (think it was in the 1870's or 80's) saying it caused all kinds of harm and damage & calling him a snake oil salesman during a conservative push. Will upload some when I have time to find them.

A thread I'm working on with some older history:biggrin:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=322479

The Ottawa free trader, Illinois newspaper July 22, 1865.
TheOttawafreetrader.July221865.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts