What's new

I lost a saint yesterday

justpassnthru

Veteran
My next door neighbor and someone, over 2 years, I grew to love more than anyone I've ever known. Jim Bo...I miss him more than words can say.

I moved to where I currently live and 3 days later, i was ill. Never getting to know my neighbors or anyone..Just Jim. He gave me sage advice he looked over me and protected me. He saw my strength and let me do as I was and stepped in when he saw I wasn't 'gettin it done' and gently assisted. When I was sick, even before I knew him, he was here doing some emergency plumbing and other things.

Most of all, he was such a compassionate, kind and happy person. He is the guy that would stop at the roadside and help stranded motorists.

I thought my garden didn't grow weeds. After I had been here a few months and remained inside and just leaving for supplies, when I was able. I looked out my kitchen window one morning at 6:30A.M.--My little dog was acting funny, there Jim was, pulling the weeds out of my flower beds. Which turned into a full time gardener, errand runner and taking me to appointments, etc.

The night my car broke down, the next morning he was at my front door with the keys to his car and it was in my driveway. He managed to take care of my needs, when I was so sick and unable or even too sick to care.

Jan 2, was his birthday, I found out on the first; Another neighbor and I used the clubhouse for a last minute surprise birthday party for him on the 4th. A last minute party that over 35 of his friends and neighbors attended, at the last minute. Many changed their week-end plans, just to be there, for Jim. He was 64 and far too young to leave us.

I have lost my parents, best friends and 2 brothers; nothing was as painful as this. I miss Jim and I lost a saint, yesterday.
jpt

B

beakermuppet

So sorry for your loss

Sounds like an amazing person

Hang in

B

RetroGrow

Veteran
Sorry, bro. The world can be cruel sometimes. Know what it's like to be a shut-in due to illness. At least you had your "helper" for a time. That's something to hold on to in your memories.....

Wiggs Dannyboy

Last Laugh Foundation
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Jim was a saint... your description tells me all I need to know. Not too many like him in this world. You're lucky to have met him, JPT. Sorry for your loss....:badday:

RIP Jimbo.

justpassnthru

Veteran
thank YOU all for so many kind words, I am so happy I am able to convey to the world; What a very special person Jim was, to people that haven't even met him yet.

He had a special kindness in his heart, few have. When the killings were going on in Syria, he was the one that told me. I wasn't watching the news much, at the time. He said, "I am going to go watch the news and see if the people are going to be O.K." I asked, "what people'
Jim said, "The people in Syria, they are killing them; poor people." With so much kindness and concern in his voice.

That was when I knew he was a Saint. He cared for people all over, no matter what.

8 and Ace's; He would love any smoke, in his honor. He'll miss his cigs, more than anything. So, those of you that smoke, please do so. He is the only person in my life, I've never told to stop smoking cigs. i even took anti-histamines to be around the cig smoke.

He went to bed early. One night i thought my little dog was poisoned, my dog and house smelled like a chemical. At 10:30PM, after he was in bed--I phoned his g/f and asked if she would wake him and send him over. He came right over and looked all over my house and said, "I think it is a skunk. But, I can't find it." We looked and couldn't find it. it didn't smell like a skunk, just chemicals.

He saw people's strengths and weakness's and pitched in quietly, to compensate.

He walked and played with my little dog, when I couldn't. Took my trash out, you name it.

The day of his birthday was the first day I had some sort of remission of my own disease, M.S. And I was able to drive him back and forth to ER's and urgent care. Apparently, my remission has lasted this long, for this. I don't take any day of ability for granite and I have this remission, because of Jim Bo. jpt

wantaknow

ruger 500
Veteran
you were lucky to know him,we should all have a jim and we all should be jim ,hope your doing ok ,

Garhart

I am so sorry for your loss. Words are so feeble at times like this but they are all we have. It sounds as if you were so blessed to share time with such as your friend. I wish peace for you.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
shit happens.remember the good times. we all become compost...enjoy what ya got cause it don't last long....may your friend rest in peace,,,,you never really die if you aint forgotten.......yeehaw

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sending healing thoughts and light to ya, jpt!! For some reason the reputation button...I cannot use it (left hand scales). Just know we're here for ya.

Thanks to Jim Bo for all he's done in this world, for you.

norcal_sourD

Damn Jpt,..sorry for your(and the world's) loss. My words won't do the man's memory justice. But your remembrances and retelling his tales, will. Keep keepin on Jpt, for yourself, and for those you have lost. Peace for you and yours.

Norcal.

justpassnthru

Veteran
Thank YOU all so much. I hope this keeps his memory alive as his spirit sure is.

I moved to a mobile home park 2 years ago and was sick all the time. In January, I experienced a remission and have been able to walk my little dog...Jim use to walk her and play with her, for me, when I couldn't. He understood and just did what people needed.

My plan was a 'relocation' one and this was a temporary place to live, while looking for something with a yard..So, I could grow homegrown veges and my favorite herb. I abandoned the idea of getting a home and yard. Because of Jim, I remained here and made it clear to people..Jim Bo was the reason I was able to remain here and not go to assisted living.

This evening I took My Little Dog, Patches..for a walk. It is 10:30 PM here and I just returned. EVERYONE OF THE about 200 homes, in here..knew him and are in as much shock as I am. He was so happy and dancing at his party on Jan 4th and for many, that was the last time they saw him. This entire park is mourning the loss of a very special person. The kind of person, you want to be a better person for.

He has been ill and in pain with a gall bladder issue and had it removed last week on Tuesday. It was the BLIND PROCEDURE and they surely nicked something.

He went home late that day..In and Out surgery and by the time the sun was going down, he went back in by ambulance. Loma Linda University Hospital in Loma Linda, CA. they kept him 5 days and pumped him full of crap and sent him home on Saturday, afternoon, late. At 3AM he went in an ambulance to a closer facility; Redlands Community Hospital, in Redlands, CA.

They took him back to OR (as Loma Linda should have, days before) and did an exploratory Lap and he was full of bile from the surgery--almost 6 days before. His vital signs dropped during the surgery and they closed him up and put him on life support. A medically induced coma.

His g/f went in with his DNR, etc. papers and they removed everything. I was unaware of this, until today. The docs told her, he was brain dead---and did not do any testing, guessing. So, she acted on his behalf to accommodate his wishes, from years ago.

I guess I am writing this because, with my own diagnosis, I feel I need a DNR and my biggest fear, is something like the above. It is doubtful, many know when it is time to 'pull the plug.' A similar thing happened with my youngest brother and family members stepped in and stopped it. They were told he was 'brain dead' and after almost weeks on a ventilator..my brother came too with no deficits. Only, to go home with a diff brother, the one that kept insisting on 'pulling the plug.' That was in Dallas, TX and my other brothers were calling me and asking my opinion. They managed to get a friend to stay 24/7 in the hospital with my baby brother. And he came out fine, alive and weak! He is now deceased.

I am an R.N. of 39 years and I just know better. It infuriates me with our new docs and less training to get the 'numbers' of M.D.'s out there, to care for a now, already, overburdened health care system that has had its financial backbone severed, over years.

It doesn't surprise me, what happened to Jim; It scares me to think, the medical care system for anyone, is only as good as the M.D. you pick and your P.O.A.

I am so glad I am old enough to be outta here soon. My first episode of helping someone was in Dec. similar story, a 90 yr old had a T.I.A. (mini stroke) in my living room. I didn't even know her last name. She and a friend of mine went out to eat for Thanksgiving and pressured me to go. I didn't feel good enough to go. Plus, Jim was cooking my Thanksgiving Turkey! So, they brought some food back and came to visit. The 90 yr old was playing with my little dog and her words stuttered; her face was downward and i couldn't see her..I told her friend, she is having a stroke and I called 911.

later that night at 1AM she had a really big stroke while in their care. She was unaware of it, or anyone else. No one knew, until I was asked to bring her home from the hospital. I took one look at her and dismissed myself and went to the nurse's station and asked them, "What did you do to her? She was fine when she left my house and now she looks like she had a stroke.

Her MD wasn't on call and when it happened they phoned a neurologist that read the brain scans from home and opted, to do nothing! I was livid. She was 90 and fine driving etc. At the time, she was healthier than me. Surely, I had a fit but, it was 3 day later and too late to do anything. I learned she had A-Fib; she probably needed a pacemaker way before this incident and surely needed one before going home. She passed away about 3 weeks ago. She was confused and never recognized her friends.

While I was having a fit of her care, I thought my blood pressure was funny. I went to the station and requested they take mine, it was high enough to have a stroke but, my pulse was 158. I took her home and went back to my lousy cautious HMO and spent the night under observation--with my little dog! My little dog was so tired from playing with everyone..she slept for 2 days after.

I am new to this area and did not know where she was, in skilled/assisted facility. A month ago, I found out and dropped in to see her. She was 90 and now lost the use of her left side. Everyone told me not to go see her, because she wouldn't recognize me. I walked in and she looked up at me and said my name! I was pretty shocked--this was different than the picture her friends told me. Then she was trying to write something and I went for paper. She was POA for 2 women and she wrote their names in perfection. She was running a business, prior to this. I was surprise she could remember my name, at her age with her medical insults.

Apparently, that was her only moments of lucidity. She passed on 10 days later. What a waste.

Guess, I want to rant at our poor medical system that really does need, experience to make a guess of when to push for a better outcome and when not to. In time, I expect that will be a new profession..these docs, don't know crap. And the few that do, have their books filled and not taking new patients.

It is my hope, this turns a light on--to many, to hope and be prepared to take your own health in your own hands. Everyone here, has done that with marijuana and wanting a better outcome. I hope, my little stories compels someone to change their decisions.

Even my own mother was a CPR and I was with her moments before she crashed, the 3rd time. Ultimately, they came out and asked if we wanted them to do more--life support. My brother and sister was there and let me make the decision. I opted to put her 67 yr old self on it as they insisted, there is brain damage. With absolutely NO WAY of knowing that. The next day, the tube was removed and her stupid brain was just fine; still stupid!

Once someone has been intubated, that does not mean they are Brain Dead! Even the doc told me, my mothers heart was too weak to even do anything for--let her die. I asked how he knew that and he had no answer. I took one look at her heart rhythm and said, "She just needs a pacemaker." Finally, after 5 days in ICU I went in waiting to see the doc. He never came in, I had the nurse call and tell him there was an ICU bed at the hospital about 2 miles away and I would take her in my car over there, if he didn't get her out. she was at the other hospital that night (Friday), Monday morning they put in a pacemaker and she was so happy. The remainder of her life she was happy with her outcome.

Having been in ERs and many area's of specialty, I so fear what our Medical System in U.S.A. is coming to. My little dog gets better treatment from her vet.

jpt

God bless you and I'm very sorry for your loss, at least you got to know Jim ...nothing I can say besides keep your head up...you must be a great person or he wouldn't have felt so compelled to help out ha much....

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
saints exist in the thoughts of those who loved them

may he rest in good hands

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

that's a shame jpt, sorry for your loss.
there should be more Jim's in this world.

R.I.P. good samaritan Jim

Latest posts

Latest posts