What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

self made polli

moritzst

hi there guys
after visiting my local hydrostore last time, seeing a pollinator for 500 bucks i thought: i can do that
so i made some plans, did some shopping(silk screen 125µm, wood, box) and checked out some stuff at my workingplace(old motor, screws, lathed some shafts). and here it is: im now constantly feeding it with my old leaf material collected over the last time. previously we did bbags but it always was a ol mess needin al that ice n water. this is now so easy. quality is nice,but kneading it it barely sticks together, have to try it with pure weed and only for a few turns though, that will do the stickytrick ;)
also have to keep those cathair away
after doin about 0.5lb of leaf i got 6g of skuff
greez mo

Last edited:

moritzst

hi there
after processing all my stuff i got nearly 70g of pollen, first sieving(36g) is quite bright, second(23g) slightly green, plus i got some outdoorweed left i also got 9g out of, this stuff seems the most potent, u can kneaw it and it sticks together, the other skuff is more sandy, i really got a lot out of those leafs of course. well, have a look. also i nearly broke my wiper motor after running close a pound for over 30 min. shouldnt overload that shit. the gear is a little sensitive, but whatever, it still works.
greez mo

Last edited:

PTDTTLHS

Excellent skills...........that tumbler will produce ok quality, have you tried purifying that rough sift? One way is to run that same sift through tumbler again for a short duration, most of the resin will fall through the mesh (initially) and a greater majority of the contaminant will remain inside the the cylinder mesh (for the first 30 seconds or so)...this resifting can be done by manually turning the cylinder by hand (so the rotation is slow)

there's lots of ways to clean up dry sifted resin. You can run the rough sift through Bbubblebags with ice water, dry sift through finer meshes etc etc...or the best way is to be gentle at first and not allow the contaminant in with the resin in the first place rather than try to remove it later.

alternatively you could simply run the material until 90%+ of the resin has been knocked off, don't do several runs and separate the resin into several grades, but instead keep it all together and you will find that it will press together (providing you monitor your progress with a magnification and stop sifting when a majority of the resin has been knocked off)...Lots of posters here strive for absolute purity and that's a good thing (and so do I sometimes as I don't care to use chemical solvents and haven't Bubblebagged for ages.) but dry sifted tumblered hash (where the material has been stripped of resin) can be a great smoke too.....it's all in how you do it!

moritzst

thanks for the tipps, the smoke is still nice and with the bags i d only have pullled 10-15g max out of my leafs. i will try the tumbler with pure weed someday. the purer the better of course.

greez mo