What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Legal?

robobond

Future Psychopharmacologist
So besides weed obviously do you think any other drugs should be legal? Me I think shrooms should be legal but that's pretty much it. Acid Im sketchy about cause it's kinda in the middle if you ask me but I can also see how some people can freak out on (having tryed it myself). I didnt freak out but rather had a good experience but the unpredictability of it may be cause for it to be illegal. Just imo.

EDIT: Sry you'll just have to post a response normally cause it messed up my poll.

Last edited:

D0nC0smic

mushrooms, i'm against acid also because its too easy to fuck it up when making it and make some real nasty shit, shrooms are pretty harmless though, even if you have a kinda bad trip it doesn't really effect you long term.

bloodshot

Shrooms and opium, if pure opium was legal people wouldn't die of crappy chopped heroin overdose. Opium in its pure form is as addictive as cigs (well almost) and you can't overdose.

genthus

it is my personal opinion that all drugs should be legal. Drug experiences are a responsibility, just like driving a car is. It can be a very enjoyable experience and a helpful guide if you know what you're doing. Thats why I think that all people wanting to experiment with drugs should have to take a course and pass a test for each drug, or groups of drugs(such as opiates). The tests would be free, and the courses should be either free or very cheap. This way only people with a solid education about a drug are able to pilot themselves through an experience, and they know the ins and outs, ups and downs of the experiences, along with all side effects and risks.

I'm trying to talk with some law students to figure out how to compose a proposal letter for something like this, because i feel it could definately help out with all the people who go overboard on drugs because of misinformation that the public gives them.

exodus

genthus said:
Drug experiences are a responsibility

Exactly, and lots of people arent responsible enough to even be let near hard "legal" drugs. They pay an arm and a leg for them now, whats from stopping them from paying less when more becomes available, with less suspicion from LEO towards these drugs?

It would be too easy.

And isnt opium one of the most addictive naturally occurring substances known to man?

genthus

exodus said:
And isnt opium one of the most addictive naturally occurring substances known to man?
this is true. again, it's a responsibility issue. potential for addiction shouldn't be reason for something to be illegal, because then nicotine, alcohol, and sucrose(white sugar) would be made illegal. Obviously they're legal because of their history, profits, and their wide use, but addictive nonetheless

G

EDucation, education, education. If we legalize any it needs to be all across the board. If we teach our youth the truth about drugs and quit lying to them it will eventually loose popularity. There will always be addicted folks. Legal or not. If all the funds that go into prisons were diverted to education and treatment America would be better for it.

Seed

D0nC0smic

morphine which is in opium is one of the most addictive naturally occuring substances, but i don't think its actually any more addictive than nicotine, and you have to smoke ALOT of raw opium to build up a habit, not that it doesn't happen to millions of people, but those are people that smoke it every single day, as long as you mix it with weed most of the time your never gonna smoke enough to build up a tolerance

Wacky Tobacky

shrooms definity and i guess if what u guys say about opium is true( i dont know anything about it) it should be legal also.

robobond

Future Psychopharmacologist
Nice opinions guys. Weird that you would say opium to be legal too. But hey everyone has different opinions. And yes I do agree taking drugs is a responsibility, one that not all people can take. I think it would be cool if the had kinda LSD hotels where you can legally take the drug but while monitored to make sure you don't hurt yourself or others.

darkside420

I say legalize them all. Let people do what they want. The pursuit of happiness, isn't that the idea? Legalize them and tax them. People aren't all of a sudden going to become coke heads or crack heads just because it's legal. Those who use will continue to use....(stress free).....and those who don't, don't. This war on drugs is a joke, 16 year old kids with a list of criminal charges ranging from possesion of TOBACCO, minor in possesion of alcohol, come on give me a break these same fuck wads that are writing the laws were enjoying the cops being so leniant, dumping their beer or whatever. When will anyone listen? :angrymod:

tacobell530

Might as well legalize everything, I dont think there would be an increase in users for any drugs execpt maybe cannabis. But what if the major corperations started manufacturing and advertising addicting drugs like meth, crack, heroin. We would have the same problem that we are having with cigs, execpt with more addicting subtances that are even worse for you.

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
But dood think of all the new pretty packaging.

smack-crack-pot.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts