What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

what are the leaves?

I've searched and haven't found anything much on what schwag actually is. Would schwag be the cuttings from the plant? If one where to grow a high grade strain 15-20%+ thc, what % thc would the cuttings have?

Wacky Tobacky

shwag is poor quality weed. its poor quality because it is poorly grown and there are alot of seeds in it cause its just grown in fields and they dont bother to chop males down. also it is packaged into bricks n that brings the quality down. poor genetics also.
there are many types of shwag but what they all have in common is that they suck and taste like utter shit and it gives you a headache. not worth smokin.
so to answer your question no shwag isnt trim or "cuttings" from a good plant.

a good strain with a high thc... the fan leaves are useless... the trim you can use to make bubble hash or you can dry sift it and make kief and then press it into hash. or you can use other methods and make oil.

since you can make hash with the trim, could you smoke the trim as well, or would it take entirely too much to smoke? much more than schwagg?

Wacky Tobacky

when you make hash with the trim you are extracting the trichomes off of the trim. you could smoke it but smoking the leaves is very harsh and i would not try it.
if you want to make hash from your trim look into the hash section of the forums.
and i would suggest that you not waste your time with schwag. id rather not smoke then smoke schwag.

where i live, schwag is pretty much all anyone smokes. There is a little KB here and there but schwag is everywhere. Ive only smoked KB once and it wasn't very good KB so schwag is pretty much all i know.

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
Trim tastes like hay. Schwag,regs, dirt its all the same generic name for crappy weed. :joint:

The leaves have no use to us. The trim is trichrome covered goodness for making great hash. Most fan leaves have no trichromes so they are no use to us as smokables. :joint:

Last edited:

bloodshot

Schwag useally means bad weed, with charecteristics such as:
-seeds
-airy buds
-quickly grown/fast flowering stage
-useally not very well cured
-ect
It's bassicly just badly grown weed which isn't a good strain useally either. Weed sold by dealers/growers who need money quickly.

inc0gnit0

I have taken some shwagg seeds, properly grew it then followed it with a 30 day or more cure, and been quite impressed with the smoke. Still have some seeds from my 3rd grow that was all bagseed. It's not the shit, but it's 10X's better than the commercial seedy crap that gave me the seeds. it's always better to spring for good genetics, but if you can't, save the seeds from the best stuff you've smoked. It's always better when you do it yourself.

zamalito

Veteran
Schwag is low grade bud that's typically imported that's why it has seeds it isn't leaf. The old mexican low grade commercial used to be whole plants thrown into a press huge stems leaves and all but now smuggling is so difficult that it would be silly for someone to spend all that energy and risk to smuggle leaves. Someone eventually started to smuggle in the oaxacan and thai colas which were huge but very seeded and it would take a quarter ounce to get enough to roll a joint. Then came the columbians etc.

I live in the south and there's a decent amount of domestic seeded bud (mids) that's lightly compressed and the buds still retain their original shape and not flat and brown like schwag. Then there's beasters (bc hydro) which to me is just as bad as schwag. I get immune to it very quickly like schwag it has no flavor and burns like charcoal. And a properly weighed eighth smokes in like 5-6 bowls ($8-9 per bowl!) It's compressed to the same degree as mids with a vacuum sealer and is an abomination.

Man if you are smoking leaf you aren't even smoking schwag. Resin covered leaf is more suited for making hash than bud is simply because leaves don't have to be broken releasing leaf dust to gain access to the resin glands. If the leaf doesn't have resin on it it's best left for making butter or honey oil. Typically the stronger the bud is on a plant the less potent the large leaves are.

zamalito

Veteran
Correction:

When I said it would take a quarter oz to roll a pin joint I was referring to the oaxacan and not the thai.

Latest posts

Latest posts