What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

C4DD - info, grow-along and test grows.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
C4DD is a cross between the Chemdog D clone and rez's C4D (which is Chem 4 x Chem D IBL) - so it might work like a Chem D back-cross with Chem 4 as the outcross…. we will see.

The C4D male was kept by theherbalizor because, in his words, it 'smelt just like some chem D' - he gifted me the male last time we met up as he hadn't get got round to doing much with it himself. the male was reasonably compact and showed none of the characteristic Chem D leaf variegation/mutation and i am hoping that the majority of the offspring are clear of this as well.
i have popped some testers of this and have half a dozen seedlings, and also i have given some to another member here who should post up pics from his test grow too.

Fingers crossed we get some good results, i've always dreamed of somehow combining all the chem cuts into a line, and perhaps this is a step towards that.

VG

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
yeah I am tuned in for this... been looking at that rez gear for years thinking... "I would, BUT it's like 4-5 years old!"

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks guys

SS i wouldnt be scared to buy the rez seeds, 4-5 years old is nothing as long as they've been properly stored - so unless you have read about germ issues on a strain/cultivar then they should be fine.

VG

What's up VG? I have C4DD cant wait to see how it is? I also popped beans older than 4 or 5 yrs? some work some don't their all gifts.:joint:

C4DD UPDATE
-Fast Germ Rate!!!!:woohoo:
-9 Sprouted from seed (showing signs of leaves)
-3 Root tail popped out
-First H2O PH 5.5
-Heavy 16 (running it VERY light)
Aug.31
Im still new, cant post pics yet.. check out my page for pics.....:plant grow:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sounds like a good start DETS!

dont worry keep posting and you should be able to post pics by the time it starts to get interesting (i think you need 50 posts)

VG

After one day in pro-mix they are at attention!!!!!!!!!!!... standing straight up very light nutrient feed.... im keeping the PH at about 5.5... they are all about a half inch tall.

-For pics check out my page under C4DD....

C4DD UPDATE

There all an inch tall... And very dark green for immature plants. Showing signs of very rapid growth. They will all be numbered to identify the attributes of the plants. I will be looking at a few things ..... Mainly growth rate but over all
Color
Size
Tricomb production
Sex
Plant Addaption to environment and pesticides
Stress factors to light,training,topping,pinching, bending
Nutrenient/ppm at different stages

Thanks again VG for the chance to do a test run..

g0vnaa

ICE Cream eater
Veteran
Looking good man. Good luck with those babies.
I shout probably get some filters for the stank :D

Everything i have read about chemdog says it smells loud..... i have an 8" can filter do you think it will be enough? Does it smell strong in veg?

What is a good veg time?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey dets, any decent filter should be fine its smelly (well the Chem D and C4D are anyway) but not that smelly. veg time would kind of depend on how big you want them to end up. will you grow them un-topped or do you try and get them to bush out before you flower?

with plants from seed they tend not to start flowering till theyre ready anyway so its better to veg them a bit more and then they'll start flowering quicker when you flip them.

VG

I bush them out in air pots they turn out huge...... but alot of my strains i send them in kinda early and they stretch so much it doesnt matter.... i veg them out until there about three feet..... the first week they prob grow another foot and begin flowering.

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
420giveaway
Hello mate, somehow I missed this!

I had no idea you were working on a chem d line! I have become somewhat obsessed with chem d genetics recently and so am very much interested in what you are doing with her!

Have you sent any seeds into the bay for sale? I would be very grateful at having a go with this line. I reckon a chemd dominant c4d will pass on some serious funk in the progency for sure.

Now I wonder what you'd find in bubba x chem4d!! I'm getting a bit excited.

Peace