What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Independance, will we still use the UK drugs law's

rocket high

Veteran
Well as the title say's really ,

Will we still use the new UK guidelines for illegal drugs's ?

Im no a legal expert, so if anybody with legal knowledge could tell us what,s what that would be great .

JGP

I'm not into politics or laws but I remember a few years ago the SNP said in there policy that they would legalise cannabis, I'm not sure of there stance now though, if it's the same I would vote for them, if it's changed then alex salmon can fuck off back under his bridge.Maybe somebody should email them to find out?

I'm not into politics or laws but I remember a few years ago the SNP said in there manifesto that they would legalise cannabis, I'm not sure of there stance now though, if it's the same I would vote for them, if it's changed then alex salmon can fuck off back under his bridge.Maybe somebody should email them to find out?

Yeah, I remember them making those claims too, though I just can't see them taking the chance with that line these days, too much of an uncertain thing for them publicity wise, and they are sure to be shrewd in the PR arena with the possibility of independence looming large.

I'm not to 'genned up on the legal stuff myself, I'd just heard mention that these new guidelines would not be applicable in Scotland from some folk over at uk420, so it's still uncertain.

Hoots

With independence for Scotland comes all the rights that any nation maintains, including the rights to make our own laws. Once Scotland has Independence there is no need for the SNP cause that's the time to have a proper green party:)
:rtfo::party::smoke out::peacock::dancer::smoke out:

rocket high

Veteran
That would be excellent Hoots ...but the people of Scotland are a fickle bunch and will only see the SNP as the trailblazers thus keep them in power ,for how long i don't know.

The SNP will probably be lazy and copy the UK drugs law's as it would cost a lot of money to change said laws ... but in he future i hope we will elect a party that is more forward thinking and encourage more Environmentally/Cannabis friendly laws.

Cameron will probably get his own way and rubbish the referendum till people listen to him ... thus the union will stay intact. What a Torry eejit..

M

MrSterling

Sorry to drop in as an American(the family's 400 years removed from Scotland), but I was wondering if you guys could tell me why other than the general good feeling of independence why you're so keen on ending the Union? It seems from our perspective over here that the benefits of Union outweigh those of disunion, or what it's looking like it will come down to, independence while still using the British pound.

I would like independence because at the moment decisions made in Westminster have an effect on Scotland. Those in power in Westminster were not even elected by the Scottish people! There is only one conservative MSP in the Scottish Parliament. Therefore, why should a government party that we did not even elect into power have a say on our country. To me it isn't democratic.

On a side note there are more pandas in Scotland than Conservative MSPs

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
ATM

Scotland's drug laws (as well as alcohol and tobacco) are controlled by Westminster and can not be changed by the Scottish parliament
but an Independent Scotland could change this policy
As to the SNP's stance on cannabis last I seen they had no real policy but had made encouraging noises about medicinal / medical use
this was raised by Margo McDonald but never reached the discussion stage
but I suspect if we do get Independence there will be a lot more on the agenda than cannabis for the first few years
and even then England (uk Gov) will fight it happening as it would allow English to travel to Scotland and buy cannabis
much the same as the situation in Holland around the German boarder etc

OP

I agree that there would be a very similar situation with border situation in Holland. I would like to think that if the English govt put up a fight we would do our own thing and not take any notice.

With the way things are going in Holland it could help bring in some tourism etc.

HappySADhu

interesting topic,

i would like to think after the teething issues with independance, that they would follow the dutch model,

tourists cud get pissed on oor whisky and stoned oot there nuts..

win win if u ask me.. :dance013:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I hope the Scots vote for independence, it will open the door for the welsh and northern ireland. Let westminster know just how unpopular they are.

vostok

Veteran
Should Scotland be set free from the Uk, Scots will have to legalize Mj just to bring in some tax

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
has the vote happened yet, it was in the news everywhere then no one said anything.

rocket high

Veteran
The way David Cameron is ruining the UK will bolster the independent's argument.

Scotland has plenty industry to support ourselves ...keep the money in Scotland.

The vote is in 2014 ...not long now :)

The way David Cameron is ruining the UK will bolster the independent's argument.

Scotland has plenty industry to support ourselves ...keep the money in Scotland.

The vote is in 2014 ...not long now :)
fuck the SNP and wee alex the diiddy there clueless idiots FREEDOM :moon: Scotland is far better off as part of the uk imo even if it means being ruled by tory scum its still better than the SNP clowns :)

rocket high

Veteran
I don't like slithery Alex Salmond or his little lesbian side kick either ...but we can get rid of them after the first election.. i hope.

300 years of the union and what positives has that produced ..not many but there's plenty of negatives that's for sure.

vostok

Veteran
In the run up to the proposed referendum on Scottish independence opinions on the likely state of a post-UK Scottish economy are varied. Some commentators believe that a current account surplus would accrue to Scotland (including oil and gas revenues),[3] others that if Scotland were an independent state it would run a deficit of around 5% annually at the current rate of government spending.[4] For example, it has been questioned whether Scotland could retain the UK's coveted triple A rating in bond markets. In response, a spokesman for finance secretary John Swinney referred to “the UK’s deteriorating growth outlook" and noted that Scotland was the only area of the UK outside London to record output growth between 2007 and 2010 and that "among the 12 nations and regions of the UK, Scotland is the third most prosperous in terms of output per head – behind only London and the South East of England.”[4]

Despite only making up 8.4% of the UK population, Scotland generates 9.6% of UK revenues and only receives 9.3% back from Westminster

here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Scotland

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
fuck the SNP and wee alex the diiddy there clueless idiots FREEDOM :moon: Scotland is far better off as part of the uk imo even if it means being ruled by tory scum its still better than the SNP clowns :)

in case you haven't noticed Scotland does not like Tory's
we kicked them all out years ago, I think one got loose and is still in the country but thats no big deal

Scotland isn't better off part of the union, the union is better off with Scotland in it
after all we are a country rich in resources, staying in the union will only drag us down with them

you may think Salmond is a diddy
but he got a majority in Parliament that was supposed to be impossible to do under the PR system imposed on us
At least one Parliament has a Majority and a mandate from the people to govern them

but if you want to pay for your children's further education or go back to paying for prescriptions etc
feel free to keep voting in tory governments that only want to rape you of every penny you earn
and give it to there millionaire friends in tax relief or pay corrupt bankers million pound bonuses :tumbleweed:

in case you haven't noticed Scotland does not like Tory's
we kicked them all out years ago, I think one got loose and is still in the country but thats no big deal

Scotland isn't better off part of the union, the union is better off with Scotland in it
after all we are a country rich in resources, staying in the union will only drag us down with them

you may think Salmond is a diddy
but he got a majority in Parliament that was supposed to be impossible to do under the PR system imposed on us
At least one Parliament has a Majority and a mandate from the people to govern them

but if you want to pay for your children's further education or go back to paying for prescriptions etc
feel free to keep voting in tory governments that only want to rape you of every penny you earn
and give it to there millionaire friends in tax relief or pay corrupt bankers million pound bonuses :tumbleweed:
i thought the fact i called the torys scum may have gave you a hint that i don't vote tory and when salmond wants to get rid of trident , shuts faslane which is scotlands biggest employer we are going to be in even bigger shit and given he uses iceland as his role model for scotland its not to promising is it not to mention entry to europe our share of national debt only having 20 years of oil reserves ,what happens with the currency
personally i would rather stick with the union ,i would love independence but i just don't think it makes sense sad but true

Latest posts

Latest posts