What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

mince n tatties

C

COOKIE MONSTER

I'm a fancy fucker :)

I brown the mince and drain the fat, then mix the beef with minced carrot, onion, roasted garlic, ginger and sweet potato.
Spuds are par boiled until soft, sliced, given an egg wash then topped with rosemary, then the whole lot goes into the oven @ 200C for 20 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrIFfYib8pE

rocket high

Veteran
That aint half fancy cookie .....

Mines goes like this ... Tatties - mashed with butter and cream.
Meat - brown off the mince then add the stock , onion's , pea's and carrots then cooked for half an hour wa la mince and tatties the rocket high way.

simples LOL

W

wilbur

hullo there, Jock. I was born in scotland. haven't been there for x years!

so this is the days when all was cooked in lard and the cause of heart attacks was a mystery.

but my wee mutherrr (may god bless her black heart) used to make 'stovies' in the fry pan out of left over mashed spuds mixed with greasy bacon pieces. it was delicious for breakfast.

just thought I 'd say that ... cheers from Oz!

Last edited:
S

spiritual g

I like stoveys too being scottish.my friends call it scotish fighting food.

wilbur ,the days of using lards and animal fats ,we were much healthier.

peace

Rusty420

cookie, that is somthing fancy mate, will do an egg wash next time and add garlic..;)

R, i didnt add veg but will next time..

s.g, stovies was my next question: there are many ways to make it and probably as many diff ways as there is people..my recipe is kinda posh, as without leftovers i braise some steak beforehand..;)

thanks for sharing your recipes boys, lets see who else likes they comfort food..(or fighting food depending on your thing) :yes:

S

spiritual g

hi rusty,you are the first mujahideen i have met making mince and tatties ,stovies and using steak!allah alim.paz

N

noyd666

after that tasty looking bit o tucker, ima gonna go make a bacon sandwitch.

rocket high

Veteran
A "bacon piece" in Scottish terms ... noyd666.

Have you tried square sausage ??? its a must ...google it ...lol

N

noyd666

:biggrin: rocket high, had a quick look, a lot like our meat loaf lol looks a meal and a half.:blowbubbles: