What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Systemic Miticide

BongToke

Ill try out the spinosad havnt seen mighty wash anywhere around here tho

these mites im dealing with are predator mites LOL

BongToke

so the main reason I am looking for a systemic is to not have to get under every leaf for the poison to take effect.

How good do foggers work the kind you pour your own miticide in and it make fog im thinkin if like I use a fogger then itll get where I cant spray.

what do you guys think ? could like any liquid be put in one of these and it still work?

medicalmj

Veteran
Good fogger will cost a lot(over a hundred) but they work great. We got a spot that rents em for like $30.

You got a compressor? We got this place in the states called Harbor Frieght that sells knock of shit really really cheap. You could a new paint gun (for cars)for under $15. When hooked to compressor it's like a fogger but uses less product than foggers. And you might be able to find a compressor for $75. Everyone needs a compressor!

What Pillthy said "Predatory Mites". They'll get under the leaves. But I'd also hit with spinosad first.

medicalmj

Veteran
Ive got 110 plants iunder 4kw

You are you in Canada, right? Otherwise keep it at 99 bro! 5 yr madatory w feds, and the locals are told to call in the dea when they find grows over 99, even if medical.
I only rock 4-12 per 1K in flower depending on what system i am using. Some growers I know only have 1 plant per 1k and and yeilding 1-2 lbs each depending on strain.

BongToke

yep cannada I think we got some laaaaaame laws coming considering plant numbers.

paint guns a good idea but i can get that fogmaster jr for around 100 bux hard to beat no compressor either dont really got bargain store like you guys paint gun up here would be prolly 100$

I guess i could get some predators guy at the hydroshop was telling me not too tho said they dont work Soo I dono depending on price I might try em.

I havnt actually looked for spinosad but apperantly its hard to find in canna land

medicalmj

Veteran
Thanks for the link. Looks like it'll do ya right with that fogger. I got a compressor so...

Trade name Captian Jack's Dead Bug Brew or Conserve (Commercial nurseries) on spinosad. If not try the oils, they work great just a little pricey. Knock on wood, but I eliminated those fuckers and the oils were a big (and costly) part of my regiment. And the prob with predatoy mites isn't that they don't work, it's his source. They're sending dead shit, seen it before. Check w scope to be sure they're kickin!

so the main reason I am looking for a systemic is to not have to get under every leaf for the poison to take effect.

How good do foggers work the kind you pour your own miticide in and it make fog im thinkin if like I use a fogger then itll get where I cant spray.

what do you guys think ? could like any liquid be put in one of these and it still work?

Your not going to find a systemic for mites. I have yet to see one that does, even the stuff that is highly toxic wont do that. Half way spraying will get you immune super mites..This is one of the reasons i dont want to ever see legalization..Too many people dont want to spend the time to fix the problems the correct way. I run a hydro store and ive refused sales of pesticides many times, its freakin scary how people use them.

Have you even thought of how you are getting rid of your pesticides or how you are going to clean the containers or? Anyways the key is 3-5 applications(depending on ambiant temp) of whatever rotating between two to three types of pesticides spraying once every 3 days. Spray all leaves tops and bottoms, stems stalks ect....everything. Welcome to gardening, mites are your worst enemy and they will eat your time and money...Please do it the right way and spend quality time eliminating them..If you dont want to spend the time trash it all and start over

BongToke

ye two nights ago I used a 500 gram pyrithren fogger didnt do shit, tonight I sprayed em with end-all and neem mixture hopefully it knocks em back but I know I didnt get all the undersides of the leaves soo they rebound forsure

next application will be maybe some SNS217 or spinosad if I can find it but it getting close to where I should'nt spray anything else on em.

yep ppl abuse pesticides massivly even my partner was telling me that we should spray avid on them now! at 4 weeks I almost flipped at him some ppl eh, waaaaaaay rather smoke mites/webs than avid; plus I think after you chop the mites peace anyways.

BongToke

Thanks for the link. Looks like it'll do ya right with that fogger. I got a compressor so...

Trade name Captian Jack's Dead Bug Brew or Conserve (Commercial nurseries) on spinosad. If not try the oils, they work great just a little pricey. Knock on wood, but I eliminated those fuckers and the oils were a big (and costly) part of my regiment. And the prob with predatoy mites isn't that they don't work, it's his source. They're sending dead shit, seen it before. Check w scope to be sure they're kickin!

if i cant find it under spinosad ill look for it under those names,thanks.

maybe I should order predatory mites from a reputable site

BongToke

cool site doesnt look like they ship to canada tho I'll look around Im sure theres one.

those predatory mites are cool since most of my plants are touching I think theyd work well,good deal too

medicalmj

Veteran
Anyways the key is 3-5 applications(depending on ambiant temp) of whatever rotating between two to three types of pesticides spraying once every 3 days. Spray all leaves tops and bottoms, stems stalks ect....

Yes, change it up. But know the diff between just a diff pesticide and diff MODES OF ACTION. Look up what you're using for what the mode of action is. And never continue to use same thing over and over. For example, most pesticides will recommend maybe a max app of 2-3 per "season", or in our case per grow. That's why I would recommend the combo of oils, spinosad, mighty wash (anyone know what that shit is really made of???), azadarachtin (pref not in late in flower) and of course predators.