What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Post your Greenhouse

completly inspired

completly inspired

first off a list of materials used
consisting of an old rectangle metal bench frame made out of 1 inch box steel cut in half and bolted together to make the roof frame then i used two metal rails of the sides of a single bed frame for the load bearing posts at the front and simply bolt the other end to the fence.

and the dimentions are great for my needs 2.1m high 2.5m wide and 2.0 deep

then i've used the euro-reed screen the only stuff i had to pay for it was $18:00
per 3m roll at my local garden outlet 1 roll was enough to cover the top and the back wall when unrolled it was 4m long i figure that was a good buy.! !

the light gets in real good.i just need to put up clear clear plastic walls maybe corrigated fiberglass the clear stuff. i will update the pics when the walls go on. so im going to grow about 12 plants this year as i was so inspired by this thread i can only hope to mabe inspire someone else to look at the the junk around there own yard and build themselve's one of these badboys i was surpized that after about 3 bong hits my pile of junk looked like a grow house.
"in my head i just had to bolt it together"
so after 3 more bong hits and two hours of labour i was the proud owner of a custom build shadehouse.

"outstanding result for a one day construction job"

and i must say a very inspiring thread this is !

in the blue pot is three papaya and the next pic is six kc33 x masterkush and the third pic is my three jockhorror i think its going to be a hooter of a season for ossama in 08..! ! ! !

O B G :wave:

Greenhousejunky

Some more monster plants :joint:

watch

Rose56

Hi All, Here are some pictures of my mini greenhouse. I plan on using it for a winter grow of autoflowering auto ak-47. I have it set up on our balcony.

THC123

Veteran
They "were" huge :laughing:

Most of them ended up between papers and up in smoke :joint:
Still got enough left tough to advance untill this years harvest is dried and cured :jump:

Foto-TTR7WHIP.jpg

This is how the gh looked at the entrance

6 plants and it was full , but last year i had mildew and budrot , so this year i put the plants in 50 liter pots so as not to have such a chaos anymore

Last edited:
hi !
Uff....amazing pics here,greenhouses can make plants to grow as monsters!
Here is one of a friends green house in "Las Islas Afortunadas",Spain hehe.
The monsters inside are Thai Ko Chang,pure sativas !!

princ_10.jpg

Purkle

Dammmm! Those were some monsters. Anyone have blue prints or plans to build green houses?

Last edited:

sophisto

Anyone can order a catalog with pre-built greenhoses complete with environmental controls from a place called Growers supply....Free catalog and free gloves...LOL

The catalog can also serve as a source for FYI....See it and build it.....

Last edited:

Irie Kaya Lover

not a typical greenhouse as it's a lean-to. leans up on side of structure to use walls as heat sink. i've got mine covering a single pane window at the kitchen sink for extra heat. location is not the greatest, but it gets a pretty good amount of sun in the top 1/2 of it and the plants are happy. we don't get any snow 'round these parts and really only gets down into the 20s maybe a few times a year. currently filled with my patio plants which will be great cover. didn't really plan it out too much and just dove into building it. I think I spent less than $150 in materials. sooo much better than last year's jerry rigged plastic sheeting GH that was detatched from the house. Dimensions i think are just over 24" deep and the doors are 6' tall. width is around 6' as well. Had to still be able to get a trash can between GH and the fence. Not pictured is the roof which has the middle panel on a hinge to vent the GH. anyways, here's the pics:

Ipsissimus

DIY greenhouse tips from doing my own poly tube:

use hot glue to bond poly sheets. The heat from the glue bonds the plastic together completely, much stronger than glue alone...Like if you glue two sheets together and pull apart it will rip somewhere else other than the seam.

other tip: pvc ribs will come out of the center spine in the tube configuration, if there's a lot of force applied to bend it down to the sides, over time. You might think it's worth it to be able to take it down, but it's not worth it if your ribs come out and pop through your poly. pvc is cheap, glue em in the spine.

biteme

everything for sale at this place is made in china so use caution, but harbor freight has a greenhouse kit on sale until after xmas. 10'x12' and just over 8' at its peak, rigid construction and framework that could use real footings, roof vents that open and close and sliding entry door. normally sold at $850 but now under $600 until 12/26/08. this unit is worth a peek if you are on a budget. it's way better than those hobby units made out of plastic tubing and covered with a plastic film. never saw one yet that a good wind could not destroy, at least where i live. peace-biteme