What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Post your Greenhouse

Yor420

Grow Big or Stay Home!

Grow Big or Stay Home!

I'm just about finished putting up a new 24x36 ft. greenhouse. I live in Canada so it's getting a little cold outside, at the moment, so I am setting up for a grow starting around the first week in March. Around the middle of June I will put my plants out in the field and if past projects are any indication, this long veg. period will create monster plants (at least that's the plan).

I grow in 20 gallon pails so I can bring the ladies in when the weather gets cool next Autumn. This is not alway necessary but with Sativas and Sativa dom. plants it is often the way to go.

I've grown for years and would like to do something a little different next year. In the past the quality of the bud has been the main point of interest but for this grow I am going for size. I would also like quality but size is the main thing this time around.

So, I would like input, from you fine folks, on what strain would provide me the largest plants. I have seen plants that have been grown in South Africa that look more like trees than marijuana plants and that is what I would like to mimic. Any suggestions would be welcomed but if you could inform me as to where I might find such genetics that would be even better.

Thanks for any information and good growing to all!

(I'm new here and I hope I have posted this in the correct area if not would a moderator move it to the correct spot. Sorry if I screwed up. Have a good one)

Last edited:

supermanlives

Veteran
ok here it is.

these are the small ones 12x28 cant post pics of the big ones due to location and security concerns. heated and lit baby DAVESNOTHERE

Last edited:
B

BlueberryNutz

is 6mil clear plastic thick enough to be not see through? thats what they sell here at home depot and i was thinking of building a pvc frame house and then covering with 6 mil plastic but i dont want it to be completely see through

Doj

Nice houses! Just wanted to say I prefer not to use polycarbonate anywhere.
some food containers are made of it, also plastic babybottles and many greenhouses.
I prefer not to add bisphenol-a to environment or inside me.

Last edited:

trybud

if i had a GH like that i'd live in it just cuz i had the room. puts my popup to shame. im seriously looking at RION greenhouses. i like the 16 ft wide models.glass/polycarbonate would insulate my garden way better when it gets down to that bone chilling 40 degrees F...lol....i like the pavers in there. they actually retain a bit of heat and help a little.

darrinjefferson

hi everyone!!!! so i am now legal and will be growing in a greenhouse this summer. i will have 2-3 plants. the greenhouse it about 7'x9'x7 1/2'H(rough estimate) it is big enough to hold at least 2 large plants maybe 3.

my question is about pot size. i have heard people say that with 5gal buckets they get plants that are 5-6ft tall. wouldnt the yield be smaller though because of the small size of bucket? what if i use a 10-15gal pot? would the added space make it too much of a monster to grow? i plan on doing some form of LST. I think that if i do that paired with a 10gal pot i could have large plants that really produce.

if someone could help me with this i would really appreciate it. this is a question that has been puzzling me for awhile

thanks

dj

D

DND

supermanlives said:
ok here it is.

these are the small ones 12x28 cant post pics of the big ones due to location and security concerns. heated and lit baby DAVESNOTHERE

I know this thread is old, but are these DIY greenhouses or were they purchased? If they are DIY, do you have the plans and material list?

Thanks in advance!

darrinjefferson said:
hi everyone!!!! so i am now legal and will be growing in a greenhouse this summer. i will have 2-3 plants. the greenhouse it about 7'x9'x7 1/2'H(rough estimate) it is big enough to hold at least 2 large plants maybe 3.

my question is about pot size. i have heard people say that with 5gal buckets they get plants that are 5-6ft tall. wouldnt the yield be smaller though because of the small size of bucket? what if i use a 10-15gal pot? would the added space make it too much of a monster to grow? i plan on doing some form of LST. I think that if i do that paired with a 10gal pot i could have large plants that really produce.

if someone could help me with this i would really appreciate it. this is a question that has been puzzling me for awhile

thanks

dj
yeah man, I grow indoors in 18gal containers sometimes. You could fit a helluva lot more plants in your greenhouse than 3. Try more like 30, 50.

D

DJ_highst_

Some cool new GH added recently, props everyone

Darrinjefferson- Sorry didnt see your post. In order to keep this thread on topic and less clutered you might want to start another thread. You will get more responces that way too. Instead of having your question buried here

For a quick answer, I would say stick with 5 gallon buckets. Anything bigger and they just get too hard to move and deal with. If you want anything bigger, you might as well just put them in the ground. I have seen some giant plants in 5 gallon buckets, so dont worry about not getting big yields in 5g pots. When I use pots I like to bury the pots partially so they dont get too hot. Where I am, I always have problems with the sun frying my roots in pots. At least paint the pots white or double stack them.

To be honest though, if you are just trying to get the most efficient use of your space, you are better off doing a bunch of minis in square 1 gallon pots , that way you cover all the available space (like LouGrow's outdoor). If you are really creative, make your GH have light deprivation (since its small enough to cover easily) so you can multiple harvest in one season. Thats is a much more efficient use of the space then trying to stuff a few huge plants in one small GH.

Start a new thread and I am sure everyone here can help answer your questions in more depth and we can help walk you through your GH build.

Good luck..

darrinjefferson

thnkas alot for all your help guys. and thanks for the pm DJ!!

i would do a bunch of clones but iun my state you can only have 6 plants. and for my first outdoor i didnt want to start breaking the law already.....hahah

thanks again and i will get my own thread going...

late

dj

EDIT: when i start my thread i will be sure to get a couple pics up for you guys so ya see what im talking about.

Last edited:
B

bighogg

Nice job on the stealth green house!

Definitely agree with you that CO2 enrichment is a good idea. I don't know what your weather is like, but an evaporative cooler could be a great investment as well.

D

DJ_highst_

DND said:
I know this thread is old, but are these DIY greenhouses or were they purchased? If they are DIY, do you have the plans and material list?

Thanks in advance!

Ditto, I'd like to know how he built that too. Nice looking set-up.

This threads never gets old as long as people keep posting their GH. Peace_Highst

Gist

This is a great thread, it's nice to see the variety of GH's people are working with. I really like the DIY stuff. I have a covered area, but the sides are mostly open still. I am planning to build a larger version and it's great to get some ideas here.

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
Ill play. here is my greenhouse. I bought it a few years back. Its a flowerhouse 9x8x9. Cost around three hundred bucks. It has been abused a lil but still works great.