What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Post your Greenhouse

D

DJ_highst_

Hello everyone. I wanted to start a gallery of everyones greenhouses, so that way people that are thinking about building there own can come here and get ideas and basic info.

1. Post a pic of the whole GH
2. Dimensions
3. Materials used, how much they cost you and where you got them
4. Difficulty of construction on a scale of 1-10 or tell if it was stored bought kit or had someone design and install it.
5. Cold house or controlled conditions

**if I am missing anything else, post whatever pertainent info you have**

Peace_highst

**I am in the process of building a fullsize greenhouse, but here are my two store bought mini cold houses that I am using for now, so until mine gets built, here is a little eye candy to get the ball rolling.

Last edited:

jojajico

Veteran
very cool i want to build a green house but how do you keep the humididty down. i would love to grow outside but thats not gunna happen so the next best thing is a greenhouse lol i want a 1+ lb plant lol.

D

DJ_highst_

heh guys thanks for the interest and questions, but lets try to keep this just as a gallery for GH.

I just started a greenhouse FAQ's page for this type of thing, so please repost your question there and I will be happy answer all your questions. peace_highst

HI all greenhousers, finally we have our own section
my grenhouse: iron construction, glass "windows", 2m x 3m x 1.8/max 2.5m,
spring summer period usable, hard to built - not at all 5/10
shops: local glass shops, iron junkyard, price:too old unknown, here is chronic from 2005:))))))

D

DJ_highst_

fari said:
this was more of a last hope greenhouse, but it stands its name...
I used this sheet for 3 of the 4 walls, the remaining wall and roof were covered with plastic. very easy to build( 2/10 ).

very cool. I like that its different. It gives people different ideas and options, especially for people on a budget. Thanks for posting it up. Peace_highst

Nept

Most impressed fellas..... Nice greenhouses.

HHF mind if i ask you a question?

How would i go about securing a greenhouse that size when and if i ever have one?
It occurs to me so many things could go wrong. Any assurances?

G

HHF mind if i ask you a question?

How would i go about securing a greenhouse that size when and if i ever have one?
It occurs to me so many things could go wrong. Any assurances?

Hola Nept,

Good to see you...

Im not sure you I understand the question brother..you mean from environmental or humans?

Bests, hhf

G

Sorry i edited my post but one time and the correction was worse off..

I meant from human interferance

Hi Bro,

Well I live in a part of the world where agriculture, plants for food and health are grown by all, every family. We also live in a part of the world with little to no crime, no culture of stealing, all family's in the area support each other. So basically im very lucky to live where we do bro people have respect for others here and their gardens..

Peace, hhf

M

mossy

Does a tent count.. :D
this is the size of a 2-man old fashioned ridge tent..bug nets..vents..
20 euros.(£14 $25)
We added self-tappers to the frame joints..for strength..and a concrete roof vega..to hold it on the patio in high winds..

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great photos all... the images on this thread are inspirational :dance:
Like to grow greenhouse/glasshouse but used the corner of a converted shed last season to help force flower some plants.

1. (sorry no outside pic )... it's a timber shed with a plastic roof (50% greenhouse)... lol

Photo taken on the 31st August 2006, NL x Sensi Star (aka Saxon Axe).
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=20124&page=9&pp=15&highlight=Spicy+Cheese

2. 10ft x 6ft (approx.)
3. 2nd hand shed... perspex roofing... DIY store. ( cost: less than 200quid)
4. Easy as ripping the roof off a shed and putting on a new clear roof.
5. Cold house conditions (-15c - 40+)

This is a variation on the full greenhouse/glasshouse method. The corner/area of the shed used needs to receive direct south facing sunlight for the majority of the day-length in summer/early autumn. The plant needs to be covered each evening to reduce the photoperiod further.

This way we can reap ripe outdoor buds in September :D

peace all
dLeaf :joint:

Last edited:

DimeBag65

You will not be forgotten
Veteran
Seasons greetings to all :D great to see everyone preparing for 07 growing. have some vegging indoors just waiting for the weather to cooperate to start up again with my favorite lady, Ms. mother nature. have the frame work i need for a greenhouse, just looking for the right plastic for my project, looking for it with zippers on the sides for easy access and ventilation. Best wishes to all on their grows this year. Dime

agent 420

Howdy all. Good to see pics of everyones GH's.
Giving me the inspiration I need to get mine built this season.
Can't wait to see some good grows.

Latest posts

Latest posts