What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Has anyone kept a split condenser inside a dif room? How hot do they get?

Has anyone ever used the outside part of a mini split (condenser) inside in a different part of your house?

I am about to add co2 to a 6k room. I want to add a/c as well. I have a new 24000btu mini split sitting here for the last couple years and wondering if I should use the condenser inside in the winter.

I can have someone hook it up however I want, no issues there.

It wont run outside past Oct where I am, its too cold out.

Meaning I would need to set up some kind of positive pressure rig where I run an outside air intake on a thermostat to cool the room, then a passive filtered exhaust back out side (this means cutting to holes in the house). Of course losing a bit of Co2, but im sure it will still help a lot and outweigh the cost of the lost.

OR, I stick in the mini-split, but put the condenser if the other part of my basement and it will take the load off my furnace for the rest of my house. How much does this thing put off? Does it emit any other off gasses that are harmful to my house of myself?

Has anyone done this?

Last thought, this does save on the Co2, but burn more electricity on the A/C. I wonder if its actually cheaper to burn use an intake and burn extra propane, rather then run the a/c?

p0opstlnksal0t

I read on here about a guy who did this. Use the hot side condenser to help heat the house. I can't remember where I read it but it has been done

I read on here about a guy who did this. Use the hot side condenser to help heat the house. I can't remember where I read it but it has been done

Yes its hard to figure out how to word the question into the search to find anything.

I dont see what it wouldnt though, I guess it would get super hot in summer and need to be moved outside

p0opstlnksal0t

It would essentially heat up your basement and potentially the subfloor. I'm sure it would still help keep the furnace running in the house less.

Latest posts

Latest posts