What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"The One Hit Wonder" by Chilly Willy

I am a little late doing this smoke report, it has been 15 years since I smoked it, yet I remember it like it was two minutes ago. Back in 2006 I made freinds at this site, and only today do I realize the importance of it all. Some of them are still here, and I hope we can share this smoke report like we are back together agin. I want to meet new friends too, it seams the love of this scientific topic has a lot of other people experiences what we have. So lets get right to it.

I grew for three years using the Cherry Phoneme of the AK48 strain. They called it the "one hit wonder", and I guess this is a perfect time to explain to others why that is!

I would be interested when you read this if you can think of a second seed I should buy other than the AK48, looking for something easy to grow, and somewhat stable because I am growing small plants under 400 watt bulbs so they need to be arranged in neat fashion under the light.

Smoke Report:

First off, grab you a sturdy chair to sit on, and get comfortable because you are going to be experiencing this for about six hours, and if you smoke more than a few hits, you will find that you get high on top of that high. Got a good chair, are you ready for me to pass it? The taste on your lips is very strong, almost harmful. You will want to try to remove it with your tongue, but you won't. The taste is not like a cherry, sorry. It is a full taste, and the strength you felt on your lips can be readily tasted on your tongue. You will want to go out and do things, but you will not remember later what it is you did! Or you can stay in that chair, and time will pass you by, often thinking about the weirdest things, so many different stuff to articulate. What is amazing is the feeling really does not taper off much from the initial hit. A few hits is no different than a single one, but you know how proud growers are so not let this detail bother you. You wont be able to waste as much as I did, never sold a dime the whole time I grew for three years, harvesting every two months. For the most part, I picked the buds when the color was cloudy, but if you want to wait a week and get clear, or amber; be my guest.

Let me emphasize the importance of waiting, I know, we all know how to wait when it comes to growing, but how often do we wait when it comes tome to cure. Doing so made a difference in how well it smoked. It burned somewhat slow, yet not too slow that it caused problems with a joint. I used a dehymidafier so it did not smoke wet, and go out during the flame. The cure for two months (sometimes just a month) made the taste very distinctive, and I am sure the high was also enhanced.

Using organic soil that has no chemicals to achieve our desirable ph balance also helped overall in this smoke report. Buying soil that is cured under a tarp from a commercial horticultural farm is the ticket for organic, a lot of people just focus on the nutrients. Which by the way, no expense was spared, I used the Botanical Chart, and used almost everything they offered; but I skipped the negative stage of growth so those nutrients were just used for a a few days when taking the clones out from the small plastic greenhouse and into 150 watt fluorescent bulb and sun hood. I have never met anyone who could wait, but if you do tie your hands together as this unfolds you will be glad you did, just add this amount of time to your growth.

I grew 40 seeds from Nirvana Seed Bank back then, and this was a mess because I had to build screens so that I could manage this high growth inside and under low watt (400) bulbs (was greedy and wanted to mature the all the other females so I could smoke the bud). It was a good experience, and I did achieve my goal in both producing bud, and finding that one particular phenol. If I was to do this all over again, I would still pick AK48 cherry or no cherry; it would not stop me. I made one mistake, I did not burp the jars enough during my second harvest and decided to freeze the all the tops of these 38 plants and make hash. I felt like like to was my birthday, everyday I was awake for a whole month. It may have been longer, I don't remember that time of my life very well now that I think about it.

Good luck with your grow, and smoke report. I look forward to reading what you have to share with all of us here!

CW

Last edited:
S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Wow that sounds one hell of a pheno! You did well growing out 40 to find it. Nice one and do you still have it currently. I love AK47 and did find a good pheno out of 15 regular seeds from Serious Seeds the original breeder, completely potent in all ways, alas that was many years ago. Thanks for your smoke report and it brought a smile to my stoned face. Cheers.