What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trichomes never turn amber

M

meowmeowmeow

Thanks for the words, meow. I don't have access to tga supersoil anymore. I just learned that Ready Gro moisture formula is for outdoor use. Score 1 for the local hydro man who suggested 50:50 Ready Gro and Ocean Forest. I have 4 plants in that mix now and need to transplant them. Do you think I should just put them in Ocean Forest and a little Happy Frog to cool off the mixture? I think I need to get them out of the Ready Gro.

Mr. Bruch, all of my grows have gotten to the cloudy stage but not one trace of amber. The product was just not any good. In fact, it just sucked and I have about 3 lbs of it. I don't think the terpenes (or whatever technical term) that give the aroma, taste and potency are fully developed until at lease some trichs are amber.

Super soil is a loosely used term to describe a medium that is enriched with nutrients not necessarily SubCool's mix.

If I were in your place I would use a light to neutral mix (Pro Mix for example) then amend it with a variety of available supplements.
Like teas and top dress shit. Stupid easy.

I am not a fan of Fox Farm anymore it's like training wheels to me.
If you want the easy route use it and it's fairly cheap.
I'm not saying make a living soil, but explore your options and experiment is my mantra. :dance013:

Nicholas2323

I found BurnOne's post on soil mix. I transplanted my four girls to the LC mix. Took your advice and went back to square one.

Thanks to everyone for their posts. I had my soil sample ready to send in, but when I learned that about Ready Gro, just figured it was a waste of money. Guess I'll take my 5 bags of Ready Gro and put it around some potted outdoor plants.

Latest posts

Latest posts