What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NorthDakota Greenhouse no blackout system.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
10-4 Update

10-4 Update

Hello all, I just wanted to put up a couple pictures of the girls. We have had a month of overcast and rain here. Today was a beautiful sunny day in the 60's.
Left side of greenhouse.
Right side of greenhouse.
Orient Express x NepJam
Oaxacan
NepJam x Kali China
Thank you for stopping by. Have a great rest of your week and happy growing! Peace

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You are gonna love at at least one of those strains I am sure. Do you have a heater in the greenhouse? I assume so.

The Acapulco Gold is a bit lacking in potency imo, so do not feel bad on culling it. Curious how you like the Oaxacan, looking nice. Michoacan as well, I ran some Snowhigh Michoacans and have yet another different Michoacan going now. Great state of Mexico to get strains.

So many exotic strains. Maybe you could try light deprivation next time and shorten the flowering time? I am running my indoor plants at 9/15 for flower, it shortens the time they flower.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
maxmurder, As far as I know, I'm the only person I know growing in ND. I'm sure there are some others but not on ICMag or I would know them. I haven't had any issues with Botrytis myself. I hope I never do.

Packerfan79, It's a one man job unfortunately. I have four smoke testers, for all the samples they get free. You would think the guilt would set in and they would offer to help. In the end I have my way of doing things and wouldn't take the help if it was offered anyway.

Yesum, I intentionally went without the blackout system. If I had one I would do two grows a year. I don't get away now watching one grow through harvest. With work and two grows the joy would be diminished over time. Plus without the blackout I get to see the different expressions through a 3 1/2 month veggitative growth period. I also see at what hour photo period each strain actually starts flowering. If it doesn't start flowering naturally until mid September. It is a 13 week flowering strain in my environment. With the blackout system I wouldn't be able to refine a specific agenda or genetics.
Thank you all for stopping by and sharing your thoughts and kind words. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
October 10th Updates

October 10th Updates

Hello all, It's a beautiful sunny day here today. Outside it's in the low 60's. Inside the greenhouse it's in the 80's and the girls are happy.
Left side of greenhouse.
Center of greenhouse
right side of greenhouse.
The Oaxaca from Zipolite Beach Mexico.
The Guawi enjoying the sunshine today.
Momma wants to go for a walk in the sun so if you want to see anymore pictures. Please go to my thread at Ace seeds forum, farmers first greenhouse grow for all updated pictures. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
24 down 8 to go. The balance will get chopped in the morning. I have tried to do the vast majority of trimming before I cut them down. I will put up some pictures soon and smoke reports after the cure. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Drying Time

Drying Time

These are pictures of most of the ladies. One or two may be ready to start separating, trimming and placing in curing jars Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Grizz, Packerfan79, Thank you both for stopping by. The smaller plants had dried out the quickest. I separated 6 plants today watching football. I have so far. Eleven 1/2 gallon jars and four Qt. jars full of buds. I honestly was surprised they produced that much. I'm not complaining at all. Just surprised. Have a great week. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
So far I have 18 half gallon and 7 Qt. jars filled. There is twice that left to separate, trim and jar. Shit ! overplanting planting is a lot of work. But I smell really good. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Plant #1 Michoacan Cream

Plant #1 Michoacan Cream

CBG has a winner here! With very little sunshine the entire month of September. I'm very happy with the results of these genetics. I had two plants of the Michoacán Cream. Both were very similar in structure and growth patterns. I had these plants doubled up in a 35 gallon root pouch grow bag. This worked out fine. Yes they may have done better singly planted. I overplant, especially with regular seeds. I generally will cull all males. Next season I'm planning on doing some crosses. Genetics selection is under way already.

Have a great and safe weekend. I will get some smoke reports put up as curing progresses. My testers have plenty to work with and are helping with curing this season. If you can't read the scale in picture. This plant gave up 8.3 Oz's. I know they will do much more down south but for here. I'm very happy and these will make great Christmas gifts to friends. Peace :tiphat:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Trimming up the other Michoacán Cream today. It's every bit as sticky as the first plant was. The Purple Mexican also from CBG is up next and she is the same. A lot of sticky and beautifully stinky buds! These will make great Christmas gifts for friends. Also with great results from the CBG offering of Peyote Purple. These genetics produce as well as they rock the senses. Thank you CBG. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Trimming and Curing Update

Trimming and Curing Update

The Nino, The Oaxacan is still hanging with the Guawi. They were the two largest plants I had and should be ready to jar tomorrow. The Acapulco Gold, As flowering stared one was male and I culled him. The other female was just so slow to get going. I culled her as well. She was very large and bushy taking much room and light from other plants. There was no way she was going to be ready by end of October. I was sad that I didn't get to have her sampled by friends.
I have been able to give 20 jars of buds away already. Besides the two plants hanging and only a couple jars not in the picture. Here is what I have left. The Guawi and the Oaxacan will fill my last 13 half gallon jars with bud.

I didn't count or scale any of these jars. Weight only matters when It's being sold. Have a great day and thanks for stopping by. Peace :tiphat:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
Hello all, I finished trimming and placing the last plant in jars this evening. Everything is getting and being cured. While some will be given out to people that need it earlier than the 3 month cure. Most will be cured properly and be given out as needed over time.
I'm going over my genetics and selecting genotypes I will be germinating mid May of 2018. This first season in a greenhouse has been a great learning experience and joy. I look forward to next season. I may run another thread in this forum. I wish you all the best in life, growing and harvest. Happy Holiday's ! Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts