What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Supplemental lights still needed to prevent flowering? May 25 in Sonoma Ca

Deezl

I didn't turn on my supplemental lights (on till 10:15 pm) the last two nights (may 25th and 26th) in Sonoma ca.

You think I'm cool to leave them off and things will stay vegging?

2 ft tall plants from clones.

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Im in Sonoma County as well, do you have an actual greenhouse? or is it a hoopy? I have a solexx greenhouse with panels.

Speed of green

In my greenhouses i keep fluorescent t12's on the light schedule i want 12-12/18-6/24-0 regardless of what the tarp or outdoor lighting conditions are doing. it helps keep all the plants in sync and consistent.

I didn't turn on my supplemental lights (on till 10:15 pm) the last two nights (may 25th and 26th) in Sonoma ca.

You think I'm cool to leave them off and things will stay vegging?

2 ft tall plants from clones.

Im in cali to, just miles from sf bay though (alot cooler here) stuck a clone out last week and this week i can see she' going into flower cycle hairs all over now. Im holding out on sticking the rest of my clones outdoors untill june 14th.

Good luck with your grow and happy gardening!:tiphat:

its strain dependent. some will some wont. feeling lucky? feeling experimental?
to keep from flowering you want to use light breaking not supplemental lighting. well into the plants dark period give an hour or two of light. as an example have lights come on at twelve and off at two in the morning.
that said first week of june days are about as long as theyre going to get for the year. they'll start getting shorter again after the 21st

CanniDo Cowboy

Veteran
Strain dependent does play a part however, planting without sup lighting in late May almost always trigger flowering. June 1st is safer but June 15th is almost guaranteed not to flower. Your dep lights should go on at around 5pm(just before sundown) and go off at 1am here in Nor Cal. No need for special lites, just a 40 watt fluorescent. I hang a Homey Depo 4 ft double tube T-8 shop lite over a 16 ft by 12ft area. Giddy up grow bro...cc

Deezl

I left em off. Seems good. I had to pull a tarp when I used lights cause of neighbors so it was a hassle.

CanniDo Cowboy

Veteran
I left em off. Seems good. I had to pull a tarp when I used lights cause of neighbors so it was a hassle.

Usually takes a few weeks, maybe longer to determine flowering or not. Yea, the lit up green house at night is a no no for a lot of reasons. Unfortunately, light deppen almost always requires A-lights, B-tarp, C-on and off tarp pullin maneuvers.

Of course, a fella can spend some real dinero and go with a prime-time, olympic approved, one touch automated light dep system but thats another story...

...the lit up green house at night is a no no for a lot of reasons.

Depends on how your property is situated. The way mine is, you simply can't see the lights in my greenhouse at night. Won't be long until I won't be using them, flipping the plants into flower. Of course, then it'll stink. Good think my next door neighbor is growing, too!