What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CBG's Colombian Mangobiche

New hippydon

I had the great pleasure to be able to grow CBG's Mangobiche. Its a phenomenal plant, it has great vigor, wonderful structure and good yields. The plant im doing this smoke report on flowered for 16 1/2 week before it finished. 20 1/2 weeks if you count the time it took to show hairs. I did an old school style sun cure on this plant. After the bud was done and ready to be smoked the smell was a very strong mango smell, and i mean like you had your face in a freshly cut open unripe mango. The taste was the same as the smell with an overlying earty flavour. Tge potency was well above my local dispensary grade stuff. Its a creeper style high and took a good 10-15 minutes to really come on and when it did, i was up. It hit me like a train with a thick heavy buzzing like feeling in my head. Absolutely no body effects. Made me super hungry after a little while, also i found no ceiling to this strain. The more i smoked the higher i got. Absolutely a wonderful strain, good enough that i got 8 more clones of this plant in flower again. Id give this strain a 9/10 its everything i hoped it would be a then some and i can still see room for it to be even better with more care this grow, it shows amazing potential.

Hippy don

Attachments

• IMG_3233.jpg
    IMG_3233.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3187.jpg
    IMG_3187.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 35
  • D9665242-0752-46FF-98BC-B5BE69DDDC40.jpg
    D9665242-0752-46FF-98BC-B5BE69DDDC40.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 32

Green

Veteran
Thanks for the report. It's getting me stoked.
Gonna crack some biche beans very soon

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Nice smoke report! Thanks for posting, always wanted to try the mangobiche.

Nice job on your grow and would love to see a journal on the 8 clones.

Well done!

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Have yet to see a bad report on this strain. Thanks for giving yours.

C

Columbo

Nice grow New hippydon! Can you tell me a little bit more about this old school style sun cure you do?
Thanks

New hippydon

For the sun cure, i took the 4 1/2 ounces i got off my smaller plant and i put them in a soft mesh screen. I let them sit for about an hour or so in direct sunlight then i press all the buds tightly together. I then let them sit for the remainder of the day in the sun. I bring them in for the night and put them in a ziploc bag and seal it tight to sweat more moisture out in the buds. The next day i take the buds out early in the morning and pull the pile apart and repress it. Then i let it sit all day in the sun and repeat till it has even colour and texture. Then i place in a jar for about 2 weeks. Then proceed to medicate. I also did a modern cure on 2 1/2 ounces, looks wise its much more medical grade looking but looks dont matter to me and i felt that, that it was the only thing that could be looked at as better for the cure. The sun cure had a much more pronounced taste. The smell much crisper and the look just the way i hoped it would be. I wish i could have been around to try the colombians of yesteryear so i make up for it by growing them and curing them the oldschool way. Thanks for the interest. I plan on doing a grow journal for my plants i just gotta get a bit nicer camera

Attachments

• IMG_3187.jpg
    IMG_3187.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3175.jpg
    IMG_3175.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3177.jpg
    IMG_3177.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3178.jpg
    IMG_3178.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3176.jpg
    IMG_3176.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 29
Great info thanks far too many growers underestimate the importance of the cure in my opinion . It always hurts to see bud grown to its max potential then cured improperly. I'll try the method & post pics & info once I learn how to use the site better

Latest posts

Latest posts