What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Converting my shed (WIP) (400w HPS) (Soil)

Gone Camping

I am exhausting back into the shed, I think I will change that. Right now I don't have the budget for 6" but I got some side mechanic jobs soon and I'll upgrade.

Good to know!

Thanks for the input guys!

Watch your placement if you have neighbors.. exhaust can look like a dryer vent in cold temps.. pretty obvious if run fulltime.

If you have a wooden floor i'v read where guys exhaust under the shed, I have concrete so I placed vent behind firewood stack facing woodline and away from eyes.

I don't have neighbors, I live pretty far out in the boonies. The shed has a wood floor, so I will probably just vent out the bottom.

Got one of em transplanted into a 3 gallon tub. This may be her final tub. roots were starting to swirl around the grow bag.

She's about 6" tall now.

I'm not feeding her nutes right now, could that be doing it? I was told the happy frog soil had enough food supply to last about a month. they've only been in veg about 10 days now.

I did however finally test my ph on my tap water, it's 8.1, so any future waterings will be Ph'd to 6.5 iirc.

Maybe N lockout because of the PH?

Fed the girl today, So I mixed up the following.

1 gallon,
3ml EH Micro
6ml EH Grow
2ml EH Bloom

Final ppm was 700. Ph'd to 6.5

Gave her about half a gallon of the mixture. It'd been awhile since I watered and I transplanted dry.

ALSO:

Started LST

She looks bushy. We need to do something about this.

Side shot before LST.

Drilled holes around the tub for my thin wire.

No tight knots, just using a loop at the end, with the feeder ran through it to hold it.

The view after training. My first attempt by the way.

3snowboards

Looks good
I wouldn't​ let any of the foilage touch the soil.
Becomes a pathway for mold.
I would believe your plant will do better in a larger round container also.

Can someone explain why round is better than square/other shapes?

Cut some of the fan's that were touching soil, she's really bushing out. I think she likes the extra food i've been giving.

Almost time to switch to flower :)
picture.php

picture.php

N

noyd666

I would pinch those big fans off hanging around the bottom there, clean it right out, more air, they will love you for it.look's like you cut the top out?

I would pinch those big fans off hanging around the bottom there, clean it right out, more air, they will love you for it.look's like you cut the top out?
Noyd, will do. Thanks man. I did top it, since I only have a 400w hps I wanted to even the canopy out a bit. I always thought the shape of a container had less to do with things than the volume of a given container.

I haven't been posting as much detail in here as i'm kinda a conversation junkie and yall are some quiet mofos lol.

N

noyd666

aww shuddup lol.container suits me , got wheels, and there always full of roots, grown to 3ft and more before flip. if were quite were somewhere else.

Gone Camping

Noyd, will do. Thanks man. I did top it, since I only have a 400w hps I wanted to even the canopy out a bit. I always thought the shape of a container had less to do with things than the volume of a given container.

I haven't been posting as much detail in here as i'm kinda a conversation junkie and yall are some quiet mofos lol.

This forum is a bit intimidating for newb's like me.. I tend to keep my mouth shut and read. :tiphat:

Your doing well..

Gone Camping

I'v read letting the medium dry too much can cause a large pH swing and effect yield?

I sometimes have to water earlier rather than let them wilt.

My runoff ph now seems to stay between 6.2-6.5.

I'll tell on myself though. I didn't have any drainage holes so I never had runoff before last week. I drilled a bunch of holes, then flushed the shit out of her and then fed her with a fresh batch of nutes, and she responded very well.

I'm on like day 25 of flower now. Dunno what strain this is so i'll have to guess on how long to go. I figure the Trics will tell me.