What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Converting my shed (WIP) (400w HPS) (Soil)

Leaves were kinda droopy so gave the seedlings a little water, saw little white larvae things in the bottom of the grow bag and after some googling, It's my opinion they might possibly be Fungus Gnat larvae. So I'm going to let them dry out as much as possible and next watering will mix 1:4 3% hydrogen peroxide, water as this is supposed to kill them. Might sprinkle some cinnamon on top of the soil as well. I didn't have gnats until i brought the clones inside, so i'm certain it's contaminated soil. I want to eradicate these sum' bitches before I plant them in their bigger pots. I don't need my expensive soil contaminated as well. 500+ views an not much talking. Guess I'll tone down my posting a bit lol.

Hey thanks, It'll be happening soon. I'm waiting on my ballast adapter to come in, and I just built a door while I was at work today. I'll hang that tonight, finish the ceiling out, and wait paitently till my other parts come in. Still have to get 6" to 4" reducers so I can use my hood. But will update with pics tonight. For now, here's the girls today.

So, I didn't do much tonight,

Built a door at work, brought it home and hung it on the grow room. Gotta seal up the light leaks, but i felt pretty accomplished just getting it up. (i'm sure i'll say that when im older too lol)

And, I installed the ceiling.

Everything else that's left isn't major construction.

Things like moving a couch in after I paint and clean up everything, those are just decorations lol. I do have a 42" LCD I could put in there for some late night gaming sessions haha.

Tomorrow my adapter comes in, and I can transplant the little girls into bigger pots 1 gallon at first, and gently introduce them to mr 400w HPS. I may run it on the "75%" setting until they get big enough to transplant into their 2 gallon bags. Once they recover from transplanting the last time I'll flip em.

N

noyd666

you learn the tricks of holding something up when your working on your own real quick lol, sore thumb's ,necks n the rest but all good.

What I did was use a t-bar (for those who've never heard of it it's a 2x4 that's 1.5-1.75 inches shorter than floor to planned ceiling height, with another 2x4 screwed on top, in a t shape) The tricky part was lifting the sheet up into place, and wedging the t-bar under it without letting the sheet fall/slide out of place. In a pinch doing sheet rock for side jobs i've used my head lol. I have a sheet rock jack but it's on loan to a friend and I wasn't exactly gonna go get it for 2 sheets.

So, did some more light proofing, around the door and such. I hooked up my ventilation since the ballast adapter came in, got everything inside the grow space cleaned up and ready for my first grow!

How do you guys keep track of your grows? Spreadsheet? Threads? Notebook? Wing it?

And now, TIME FOR SOME PICS!

Mixed up a Gallon of water containing 2ml micro, 2ml grow, and 2ml bloom. Half a gallon per pot, minimal runoff. Lowered the light another foot, 2 foot from plants now.

It appears these are heavy sativa, i've seen some pics of other NL on the webs, the leaves look fatter in the web pics. I'll be interested to see how it turns out.

Off to work!

It seems 4" ventilation isn't enough, or I have too many bends, or not enough intake. the grow space is 83 degrees while the shed itself is a constant 70. Interestingly there is about 40% humidity in the grow area, while the shed is 58-60% Any suggestions? The girls are looking a little heat stressed, leaves laying down onto the dirt, but their color appears to be a normal green. I took one plant out of the light to look at it to verify normal color.

Jhowemca

Maybe move the light up 6". Keep it there until you have more leaf area.
It sounds like heat stress.
Try to get those temps down a few degrees.
And get the RH up to 50+ if you can.

Go easy on them for a bit, Let them develop some more leaves then they will want as much light as possible.

Room is lookin great!

In a week, going to transplant the biggun into her 3 gallon pot. I'm trying to veg into a 5 gallon bucket before I get to flower, and Once she hits the 3 gallon I will start LST. The little one is recovering, and I have a theory that she will produce once she recovers. I got nothin but time so why not.

Jelly

She will recover sure, but she'll never catch up to the other girl.

With only two plants that's 50% of your crop that's not up to par with the rest.

You're right you have time so veg that big girl into a screen and spread her out until the whole screen is almost full, then flip to flower.

Just throwing ideas at you.

Gone Camping

It seems 4" ventilation isn't enough, or I have too many bends, or not enough intake. the grow space is 83 degrees while the shed itself is a constant 70. Interestingly there is about 40% humidity in the grow area, while the shed is 58-60% Any suggestions? The girls are looking a little heat stressed, leaves laying down onto the dirt, but their color appears to be a normal green. I took one plant out of the light to look at it to verify normal color.

I have a few tents in my shed.. and a few years experience now so I hope ya find my input useful.

Bump up to 6" inline..

Are you exhausting back into garage? At 40*F or higher I cant exhaust inside without tent getting warm.

Fans and airflow are your friend.

I run lights on in the evening during cooler temps, fan in window to bring temps down inside if needed.

I shut down in summer.. :tiphat:

Been awhile since i'v read your thread but i'v been following, excuse me if I missed something.

I am exhausting back into the shed, I think I will change that. Right now I don't have the budget for 6" but I got some side mechanic jobs soon and I'll upgrade.

Good to know!

Thanks for the input guys!