What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nor Cal, Annual Greenhouse Schedule

Lime Green

I would like to hear any possible feedback on this type of a greenhouse growing schedule for Nor Cal. I planned to install a roller, dep tarp setup into the ceiling of my GH and likely still will. However, I kind of stumbled onto this prospective schedule, which should allow 3 harvests without any tarp work, just using the natural seasons. This came about since my from clone stuff was trying so hard to flower by mid to late March, even with supplemental light. I was fighting nature this year, instead of working with it. So, I decided midstream to change my plan. Squeezing out every ounce of productivity isn't really the idea here, but rather usung natural cycles, and being free of the regimen that is pulling tarp.

First Run March 1: Introduce to the greenhouse reasonably well vegged, indoor from clone plants, (and all second run seedlings.) The clones will begin flower within 2 to 3 weeks, and should completely finish by May 15. Keep vegging and bumping as needed the second run seedlings. These First Run clones likely won't be huge plants, but more plants can be used here.

Second Run: May 15: Second run seedlings out of pots, and into No Till beds. These plants WILL be huge, approximately 50% fewer plants than the first run to be used here. Third run seedlings go into the greenhouse until July 15. Then, these either need to go full indoor to avoid flowering, or indoors at night, and back out for sun all day. Or a combination of both can be used as needed. This second run of large trees harvests by October 15.

Third Run October 15: Third run seedlings come out of supplemental light, and go immediately into flowering after 5 months of vegging. (Again, bigger plants) This run finished by the new year.

New Years to March 1, rest a bit, smoke weed, prep seedlings and clones for next year's First Run.

Yes, we have some heat needed in the first and third runs. Yes, we have that issue with managing the third run seedlings for a few months, that may be as bad as tarp work if going in/out. Leaving them in for 3 months has more power costs, but less work. Still, this schedule may be better than manually dealing with large tarps, and a must do job every-single-day.

Pitfalls? Thoughts? Improvements?

Lime Green

Probably a Reznor style LPG heater.

However, Since I posted this, I ran 12 fairly young plants from early March, with about half chopped, and the rest about to finish any day. Like a new race car, I just wanted to make passes for the data.

So, these had no heat, and were regularly seeing temp swings from 45 degrees, to up past 100, pretty much on a daily basis. We have some winners, and definite some losers in this challenging environment. In this case, the "also ran" was Blue Dream. Didn't do great, but not a total flop either.
Super Skunk, Green Crack, and 2 of my home breds (Wi-Fi Alien OG x Culiacan Bamboo, and Uncle Fester's Skunk 18 x BLR ) we're absolute champions, didn't even balk hardly. All of these were dense, and stacked up pretty well, except The Green Crack, which is always just lots of productive popcorn.

Sunrise Sherbet, Alaskan Thunder Fuck, and Citrus Sap simply couldn't hang. I have no doubts they will do well in a more pampered environment, but their weaknesses were exposed here.I expected the ATF to be quite hardy, but that was not the case.

So, in theory, I can grow 4 strains with relative success, sans heating.

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
We do 3 years a year without sup lighting. We have a Solexx greenhouse with panels, April 6th i plugged clones that were about 2 feet tall without covering the GH. I let them stretch and grow into their pots before covering the GH, i also wanted the weather to warm up a bit before 12/12. Started tarping it the 30th of April. Our second run in the dead middle of summer is our best pull/harvest, better light high sun and all that good stuff. That will take place probably in June sometime or first week of July, The 3rd run is the least productive, there is no need to tarp the days are 12 hours and get shorter and shorter. Good luck this season. Its pretty much a sea of green i guess you can call it, harvest one then dump in new ones cover gh to 12 hours etc...

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
We tarp at 7 pm and uncover at 7 am. only because we have street lights all over the place and its not completely dark at night

Lime Green

Thanks for posting NN. My plan sounds about 1 month off your schedule. I'm feeling my way through what works here. I think the right strains are key for runs 1 and 3.

Latest posts

Latest posts