What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gorilla Glue #4 - Part II

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
glue x sour diesel outdoors.
picture.php

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Really doesn't look like mite or maybe some very early sign but looks like dud so scope afected branches just in case.
I agree. Just had a battle with duds and that cola looks dead on. Pretty sure it was stem nematodes causing it. I never really scoped for them, I just threw out the infected plants. Supposedly you have to cut off a branch at the main stalk and scope there to see them. They look like little worms and live inside the plant. They don’t spread no where near as fast as mites but are persistent nonetheless. They spread fast off of shears/scissors. If you trim a branch that has them, and then use the same scissors to cut another branch...then they go from there. That was my problem anyway. :tiphat:

TheBlaze

This is a little confusing. If it is a known problem with GG, then surely it is genetic and not pest related?

I'm going to lollipopping and defoliating today. I will keep my eyes peeled.

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
I kinda think it looks like a dud branch myself. Sometimes depending on where on the plant the clone comes from you get some duds. Also Ive noticed of theres too much p sometimes it'll dud. This whole tray dudded from too much p. Huge buds but not really the most potent.
picture.php
picture.php

p0opstlnksal0t

Ya ya... I have a few like that. Almost look like they were backbuilt. I did do a couple like that (pinch the flower tips) but I'd be dammed if I can remember which ones.

Looking great p0ops. Bush or tree pheno?

I didn't know there were multiple phenos of clone only gg4. This same cut produces your standard foxtailling flowers on other branches.

Attachments

• 20181006_175503.jpg
    20181006_175503.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20180913_150255_389.jpg
    IMG_20180913_150255_389.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 14

Chemdawggy Dawg

There is only one GG4 clone.

I've been thinking this for the last week or 2. There is only 1 gg4. The clone only is the only one that won all the contests. The seeds from that plant do not measure up in my experience. Several posters seem to have s1s. Some say so others don't. The real plant is very stretchy and has smaller dense colas that tend to foxtail some. It really fatten up after 49 days, the real gg4 stretches 3x under gavitas. It is never " short" or "stocky". Have a nice day. We love you joesy, god bless dans buds. Hey poop, yours looks real.

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Gotta have that hook and leaf twist. When I run it it throws mostly 5 leaves bit that's probably environmental. I heard/seen glues with 11. It's also real viney in veg.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have seen some real gg#4 grown in other gardens look very different. Lots of things can change how it looks at harvest. I've had runs not come out as good as Id like. I can tell they don't look right. Anyone running something made from gg#4 must list it as such. Many do not. The original gg#4 thread has all the real pics you could ask for. There is only 1 gg#4 clone. Any seeds will not be the clone.

gg#4

picture.php

picture.php

This was a gg#4s1 bx.. I used some gg#4 pollen on a gg#4 s1 plant. Not sure how to label this other than a s1bx.

picture.php

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Hey! That looks exactly like the one I ran for several year :D.

Actually we finally let it go last year, after running it indoors and out several years. Too many people have it here. I still love the smoke.
Im currently working with GG4s mom, Sour Dubble. Having a lot of fun. Great hash plant I just crossed her to this line.
picture.php
I have seen some real gg#4 grown in other gardens look very different. Lots of things can change how it looks at harvest. I've had runs not come out as good as Id like. I can tell they don't look right. Anyone running something made from gg#4 must list it as such. Many do not. The original gg#4 thread has all the real pics you could ask for. There is only 1 gg#4 clone. Any seeds will not be the clone.

gg#4

View Image
View Image

This was a gg#4s1 bx.. I used some gg#4 pollen on a gg#4 s1 plant. Not sure how to label this other than a s1bx.

View Image

TheBlaze

I hope I've made it pretty clear that I'm running clones selected from S1 seeds made by Dansbuds.

Anyway, they all hermied on me. I will make a proper post later about it. No blame of course. It is what it is.