What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2016 Down by the Bay

RckyMtRdnk

You've come a long way. Hard work is paying off. Very inspirational to say the least. Bravo sho! Thanx for sharing it with us.

sho

Veteran
Thanks for stopping by Rcky an Phases, next week should start moving plants in. Things are moving along... only had help for 3 hours today but we got the other end wall steel up and cut. Hauled in another 30-35 yards of gravel and pretty much got the floor where it needs to be. Maybe 5 more yards... 100 more yards were delivered, 40 more tomorrow...

Bonus, our kids are flying off for a month to Grandma and Grandpa's house!!!

LPMbhuY.jpg

sho

Veteran
Actually they're your problem now! They're heading a little ways north of Denver

B

BAKED_BEANZ

looking good , sho

putting in the work will pay off , you just need to move away from them dam fem seeds . makes things easy i guess .
you ever make seeds ? those swamp boys have nice quality going on for sure . i need to crack more of mine !

i gravelled my floor also , laid it too think 80 mm , wish i just went concrete to be honest . maybe i still will . kinds waste of 2k worth go gravel though if i go to concrete .

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking good man , loving the dedication here . lots of work .

i just put gravel floor in mine , kinda wish i went concrete . maybe next year .

I've got Slate/Carbon limestone floor. My house is much smaller though. Keeps up humidity and keeps place cool and warm, it's concrete under that but the slate prevents water puddles and excessive moisture in the root zone. Eithter Pea gravel or Quatrz/Gypsum whatever is best for keeping the pH & minerals in the ground.

Efford beds for grow areas is what I was thinking for mums or growing on and My-Pex plant staging areas cut with a hotknife and pegged out with a Heatwave over it for the containers what need base heat and indervidual pallets for the pots.

I can see the benefit for concrete for having a trollet lift but a resin bonded pathway woould be ideal..

Your work is very impressive Fo Sho ;)

Can't wait for the gardens to mature..

sho

Veteran
looking good , sho

putting in the work will pay off , you just need to move away from them dam fem seeds . makes things easy i guess .
you ever make seeds ? those swamp boys have nice quality going on for sure . i need to crack more of mine !

i gravelled my floor also , laid it too think 80 mm , wish i just went concrete to be honest . maybe i still will . kinds waste of 2k worth go gravel though if i go to concrete .

Yeah they make things easy, this year I've got about 40-50 reg seeds going out. I used a "crushed" stone or screenings? Really little bits of gravel with some sand and clay to bind. Not loose like washed stone and packs in really hard.

Garage doors should be here by middle of next week, plants hardening off this week... got some 3 footers ready to go! Mixing dirt and filling pots at the start of next week... It's gonna look funny again this year, all that room and 36 little plants :)

v0tqHMf.jpg

RckyMtRdnk

They won't be little plants for long. They're gonna explode into big plants quick, especially with all that space.

B

BAKED_BEANZ

Yeah they make things easy, this year I've got about 40-50 reg seeds going out. I used a "crushed" stone or screenings? Really little bits of gravel with some sand and clay to bind. Not loose like washed stone and packs in really hard.

Garage doors should be here by middle of next week, plants hardening off this week... got some 3 footers ready to go! Mixing dirt and filling pots at the start of next week... It's gonna look funny again this year, all that room and 36 little plants :)

View Image

yeah i hear you , thats what i should have used on the floor , stupid part is i got 40 cubic metres of the gravel your talking about on my driveway at the same time and 30 cubic metres of the pea gravel .
i said to the boys should have went with the other gravel for the gh we used on the driveway . i may lay a load of it over the top yet .

keep bringing the sho , try some relentless fems . he's tagging along here , i cant wait to see your swamp boys . my summer breezes put out like crazy . the orange blosson trail male they used is a def one of from what see .

loving the new set up .

sho

Veteran
Hopefully wrapping up loose ends tomorrow and putting finishing touches on... Should be locked up before I head home tomorrow!

sho

Veteran
Seriously spent 4 hours on one door and an hour on the other, lame day
7a4eUww.jpg

Starting pot lay out and dirt mixing today, they are READY
9NxEOLb.jpg

sho

Veteran
Oh snap, plants going outside Saturday you say?! 36 holes done and looking like it might actually grow something in there!

NsyTPgy.jpg

Figure more gravel tomorrow, finish the floor, start setting pots up and Monday do another mix-all day. Got a Echo 2 stroke cultivator, fuck I've been living in the stone age turning my holes by hand! NEVER AGAIN! This thing EATS peat for breakfast and turns it over like it's gone through a cement mixer. $400 saved a whole lotta labor and made it a one-day project per building instead of 2 or 3

sho

Veteran
Tips guys? A good feed and plenty of water to keep up with transpiration but ho else do you desert guys bring them out? I can build a small shade hoop inside but 63 girls ready to go. Brought a male out as my test dummy for sun shock

Multiple layers of plastic and or shade peeled back is ideal

Putting them somewhere where they get sun and shade with more sun every day also works

If you get white spots or they arent tracking the sun you know theyre stressed

Latest posts

Latest posts