What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

2016 Down by the Bay

sho

Veteran
Nice building!

Run some kind of wire down your sides and tension it like a fence, and tie it every post like chainlink. It'll be the only way you can really argue you're "secure", if you have access to a plastic coated galvanized it'll help spare your cover.

I'd say 6x6 per 100 is minimum for good airflow but turbo has ran way tighter spacing than I do and killed it, I'm planning 12x12 per 250 so... 8' last year was pretty tight in October.

Finished drilling all our purlins today so we'll start assembling tomorrow... wish me luck!

sho

Veteran
I guess I just gotta shut up and get to work more often
QD617jP.jpg

sho

Veteran
Work work work.. Crane came. Pole barn had trusses and roof purlins on. Prob going to start on 2nd one today.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I'm late to the party but it looks like you've been keeping busy.

sorry they fucked you so hard on those greenhouses but you might as well bite the bullet.
nice work! Good luck with the season!

sho

Veteran
Bldg 2 posts are set 3 rafters up, gardens ready for plastic this week, sold 500 yards of topsoil... I should have greenhouses done by like Wednesday and hopefully get plants out around June 1st!

Nice to see ya trout!

sho

Veteran
Drip guys... 1500 gallons or 2000 - 2500 gallon tank? 72 250 gallon pots, mostly peat substrate with coco and rice hulls.

1/4" tubing or 1/2" drip? I can't be stuck watering these and taking care of everything else so I need drip this year.

F

fatalxerror

Drip guys... 1500 gallons or 2000 - 2500 gallon tank? 72 250 gallon pots, mostly peat substrate with coco and rice hulls.

1/4" tubing or 1/2" drip? I can't be stuck watering these and taking care of everything else so I need drip this year.

I have read that its 1gallon per 1pound (estimated) per day. Don't know if this is still true.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran

why not run Pex tubing feeds down the walls with garden faucets and splitters every so often.

then run garden hoses to the plants with a coiled up drip hose on top of the pots.

end of the season hang them on the wall and you can reconfigure next year no trouble.

everything is cheap hardware and no overpriced hydro components.

with all the earthmoving gear you have out there you could dig a big ass pond that will hold enough water for a season and stock it with fish for extra nitrogen in your water.:biggrin:

F

fatalxerror

What drip system are you going with? Or are you making your own?

sho

Veteran
Berry Hill irrigation, just piecing my own together. We need about 1200 feet of black poly main line for the other gardens around.

I'm gonna be looking for a 2500 I guess, thanks tessa. Fuckers ain't cheap.

Starting to look like something... got my grade boards today (2x12x16's!) and 1500 yards of landscape fabric for greenhouse floor covering. Should be able to keep it clean and weed free!

Garage doors are looking like a mid-June delivery, we should have these wrapped up by the end of the week though!

JOB27Jy.jpg

F

fatalxerror

Looks nice. I was going to ask from your other threads how long do you typically veg under t5 before going outside?

sho

Veteran
Zero this year, they're under two 600w MH. I just sprouted and got a few that are inching towards 18"-24" at 3-4 weeks

FYI, anyone ordering water tanks this year the biggest tank that can ship inside of a standard 52' van (regular semi) is 2100 gallons. Freight was reasonable at $380, I was total for $1584 with freight for 2100 gallons. Guess I'll be cutting it close! Comparably, freight on a 2500 gallon tank was over $1000!

Last edited:
F

fatalxerror

Zero this year, they're under two 600w MH. I just sprouted and got a few that are inching towards 18"-24" at 3-4 weeks

FYI, anyone ordering water tanks this year the biggest tank that can ship inside of a standard 52' van (regular semi) is 2100 gallons. Freight was reasonable at $380, I was total for $1584 with freight for 2100 gallons. Guess I'll be cutting it close! Comparably, freight on a 2500 gallon tank was over $1000!

Wow that is impressive growth, what size pot do you veg in for that size?

sho

Veteran
Wow that is impressive growth, what size pot do you veg in for that size?

just 1 gallon disposable. worm castings and ProMix HP, azomite and oyster shells. Just checked, yeah my 4/27 girls are a legit 18" and my best is pushing 20-22", at least two shoes over the top of the pot. Biggest one right now is Elemental Berry Bomb, a Fem -- go figure. Looks lanky already.

F

fatalxerror

just 1 gallon disposable. worm castings and ProMix HP, azomite and oyster shells. Just checked, yeah my 4/27 girls are a legit 18" and my best is pushing 20-22", at least two shoes over the top of the pot. Biggest one right now is Elemental Berry Bomb, a Fem -- go figure. Looks lanky already.

Nice man. Thanks.

sho

Veteran
One 2100 tank will have 6 branches of drip out each on their own timer. More than one can be open at a time probably

Purlins are done in both bluildings and roof purlin has 2 more sections after a little more redneck engineering. Positive note first time we put a level on the building was on the top today and it was dead on. One is cleared out and the other is about 3/4 the way there, gotta get a box blade and scrape them out and get landscape fabric down.

Weather hasn't been cooperating. Hopefully tomorrow we get sides fenced and endways in