What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

20' X 36' X 12' solar powered farmtek, 10 X 200 gallon organic soil

self

i havent been on IC in years, but I'm pretty excited about this season and I wanted share. :peacock:

There's not much to show yet, but as it describes in the title, I've got a new greenhouse coming. I'm going to be setting it up off-grid, with solar powered fans ( and eventually a propane heater. I've got 10, 200 gallon root pouches, and I've got about 1000$ of organic amendments, not including Promix. I'll be running some kind of irrigation system with the solar also, I'm still working out the details on that.
I'll be running Bubba Kush ( peyote purple), Pagoda ( apollo 11 X Appalachia), Darkstar, and jack o'nesia from clone from my own selections from seed. The bubba kush and the darkstar tested at around 22% thc last year.
I'm also hoping to add strawberry cough and ogk if I can get my friend to part with a cut, but it seems like he's gotten cold feet lately.
From seed, I'll be selecting from oger 99 ( banana og X Cinderella 99), blue og (ogk X bluemoonshine X blueberry), SLH, cookies kush (ogk X gsc), and ultra sour, maybe something else if I change my mind. I'll run 8 outdoor plants too in 100 gallon root pouches.
That's the story, :tiphat:
The greenhouse arrives in a month.
106306a.jpg

self

sweet! i know its a slow start, but i'll put on a good show, I promise.
its going to have 10 of these...
in something like this...

Last edited:

self

Very few expenses will be spared. :)
I'll be hooking up 4 x 100w solar panels to run 12v DC fans and pumps, with an inverter to run 120 AC stuff, I'm hoping i don't need much. I use this kind of system as backup power in my house. I'll also be building a solar powered compost tea brewer at some point, and maybe some kind of aquaponic thingy...that one is still mostly an idea.

KONY

Veteran
I'm gonna pull up a chair. How much did the whole greenhouse kit cost? I see so many greenhouses all over maine, most non canna related, but more and more cannabis ones.

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Nice! Is the darkstar you are running the original clone only? Or the one from thseeds? Farmtek has always been a great resource.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
yeehaw farmtek rules and solar kicks ass too...I bought my greenhouses from them and solar from someone else once upon a time...I once had more greenhouse space then I now reside on by a few times...lol...subbed just cause I miss big greenhouses,,,only 10 by like 30 now...

self

The excavator is here!
I'm going to be pulling stumps all morning, but by the end of the day I'll have a level pad with dawn to dusk sun. I'll try to get some pics up.

The farmtek cost 7gs with delivery, but they financed, which made it easy. I'll probably put another 3-5gs into the project, but I'm going to space it out a bit.

The Darkstar is from a single freebie seed, but it's my baby. It's tested around 22 % thc grown outdoor organically twice, gets huge, and shrugs off mold for the most part. Not much for taste, but everything else is awesome. She's going to be amazing in the GH.

self

do the falling prices make you nervous spending so much in 2016? or are they still good in New England?

I've been growing medical for 6 years, guerilla before that. I'd say quality has improved immensely, but prices are about the same . Judging from the Colorado market, it doesn't seem like the bottom drops out of the industry with legalization. As far as efficiency goes, I can grow bigger better plants in a greenhouse. Botrytis is a constant threat in Maine where we get a very heavy dew overnight in the fall. I usually end up pruning off and throwing out about as much moldy pot as this greenhouse costs.

sho

Veteran
I'll tune in, heavy equipment gets me hard. In my experience drag, if you've got roll up sides pull fence between your steel posts and the batten boards and grade boards.

Also get some fans or a ridge vent if you didn't go with that option. I've got length and wind across open fields whipping my girls around.

self

GH will be here early this week!
I've already got my soil and amendments. Site is graded, plants look great, everything is ready to go I think.
I get a nice breeze through the site, but I'll also be installing some kind of big (24") solar powered fans.

Latest posts

Latest posts