What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How to kill powdery mildew?

I wood

This thread comes off as poorly disguised spam to sell overpriced uv lights.
Just my opinion though.
Potasium silicate and aloe vera 200x concentrate foliars do the trick when I need them to.

mendo420

Veteran
eagle 20!

DO not use Eagle-20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eagle-20 is NOT for Cannabis.

Many legal grows have been fined by local regulators and sewed by people for using that crap. Had their entire crop recalled from shelves.

Dont use this shit its poison.

yahoomamma Get a clue on how to grow and STOP promoting this product in our industry.

mendo420

Veteran
Okay Thanks! And do you have a specific sulfur burner or is just a sulfur burner okay?

Any green house sulfur burner will work.
Run it once a week at night, lights off ventilation.
Run it for 20-40 min.

Use safer sulfur spray. I use it diluted at 1/2 to 1/4 and spray every few weeks, like 2-3 weeks.

Try to reduce your environmental factors. Humidity and temp.
:tiphat:

Reckless

You can't kill powdery mildew, once it's there, you cut the molded buds and pray
You need a drier environment and more air circulation

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Circulation, environment is not always the answer... I got it on pure sativas on an unsheltered balcony in full sun.....

As others have said, Bicarbonate of soda, and / or Milk

I have Eagle 20, it is nasty poison, the bottle is growing dusty, milk is far more effective and wont kill you, in fact it makes cows and babies grow...

Organic Chemistry as a solution pisses all over Inorganic Chemistry, so much so that Organic Chemistry appears to simply be magic

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
PM is something that you want to prevent before it happens. Improving your environment, having good air movement, and making sure the plants are properly spaced will all help. There are plenty of products you can use as a preventative in the future. Sulfur burners in veg help. There are also products such as Oxidate 2.0, and Regalia which are biofungicides. The positive part about biofungicides is that they are not like Eagle-20. The plants don't build up a resistance to them, and they're not super toxic. Trilogy is a neem based product which is supposed to help. Subtilex NG is another product.

I'm always doing research on new products I can rotate for the preventative regime. I'm especially interested in the biofungicides because of their method of operation.

http://certisusa.com/pest_management_products/biofungicides/trilogy_botanical_fungicide_miticide.htm

Here's a list of products which are approved in Oregon for all kinds of cannabis issues.

https://www.oregon.gov/ODA/shared/D...PesticidesPARC/GuidelistPesticideCannabis.pdf

shaggyballs

Veteran
I have seen super strains of PM on new clones that laughed at high doses of eagle 20, I ain't a kidin'!

So I started in on a natural oil rotation and finally killed it, I thought I was gonna scrap it all and start new.
Moral to the story is Rotation and diligence....no slackin'
Try not to use the same product twice.

Start clones with eagle 20 then switch to spinosad then rosemary oil then peppermint oil ect.

Oh, be careful with oils during lights on.....Burn city.

EastCoast710

ATAK works pretty well. sprayed a few plants.. root flooded them.. and I haven't seen pm on them at all.. keep plants super heatlhy and u should have pm after atak

resingroweriam

Any green house sulfur burner will work.
Run it once a week at night, lights off ventilation.
Run it for 20-40 min.

Use safer sulfur spray. I use it diluted at 1/2 to 1/4 and spray every few weeks, like 2-3 weeks.

Try to reduce your environmental factors. Humidity and temp.
:tiphat:

Like sulfur is much better , ... Seriously why don't you get a 50lb bag n just dust your buds with it like vineyards do , then suck loads down your throat w every hit. good thinking boy toy...ha - Yum sulfur hits and P Rone Penice your favorite . Blind leading the blind rt there. 2 solutions: Enzyme products work amazingly ....as well as recolonizing the leaf surface with beneficial microbes. Don't spray your buds w oils or sulfur or poison.

B gump

Do not use eagle 20. The product is not for cannabis production. Tests have shown this product stays in the flower way too long.

Deezl

Eagle 20 is illegal on tobacco for a reason.
Cancerous when burned/smoked.
Studies showing managably short half life are based on acres of fields in certain soil being broken down by the elements Conditions are different indoors or even in greenies.
Eagle 20 gets concentrated heavily in dabs. I believe that I read an article by a testing company that said that eagle 20 gets concentrated a couple hundred times as strong in concentrates.
So many good natural options to use instead.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
sm90 does a decent job at washing off visible spores. but I notice PM always pops up in parts of the canopy that have little light and air circulation. By defoliating heavily and getting more air movement definitely helps cut down. Once spores show up you have to maintain 3 day sprays of high PH water, sm90, milk, h202, whatever your choice just keep it organic.

Also, the night time humidity spike is THE biggest cause of PM. As soon as those lights go off the plants perspire and humidity can bump up 15-20%. I added night time air dumps to bring in mass amounts of dry air at night on top of the regular dehueys and AC.

Regalia works decent but is not a sure fire thing. 3 sprays in flower with 2 root drenches and still saw some spores here and there pop up on lower canopy. But the tops were all left nice and clean.

PdxFarms

Preventive or not, get to the roots with systemic treatment. Product called Forge sp by blacksmith bioscience works wonders. Beneficial microorganism streptomyces that help fight fungal disease. Plants love it. Anything to boost your plants health will help down the road to keeping disease away.

norcaltransplnt

Potassium bicarbonate. Lowers the pH of the leaf so that the mold has trouble growing. It's not systemic so you have to cover everything. The good thing about it is that it's 20 bucks for a kilo and it's like a tablespoon per gallon or something also its organic. It's green cure min use the water.