What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

20x30 Auto Light Dep Greenhouse

GlaZed420

Canopy is filling in we'll... day 2 of 12/12

Attachments

• IMAG2718.jpg
    IMAG2718.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 60

GlaZed420

Day 26 of 12/12.... Seeing a lot more yellowing than I anticipated. Should I add some nitrogen? Bump Bloom nutes? My PPM over my mix is 1080 I suppose I could go up to 18-20 ml per gallon?

Attachments

• IMAG0022.jpg
    IMAG0022.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 47
  • IMAG0018.jpg
    IMAG0018.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 50
  • IMAG0019.jpg
    IMAG0019.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 54

Limeygreen

Veteran
They need m ore nitrogen for sure, keeping the cal mag in balance with the nitrogen will help. My understanding is in early bloom they are stretching and developing fast you need to keep the nitrogen around to keep good development, some strains more than others. It looks like you cut the nitrogen out too early to me, may not need too much more to keep a nice clean final product, did you use any early flower or did you just cut it out?

GlaZed420

Considering I'm at day 27 of 12/12 am I gonna mess them up if I had say 5ml of grow in the next watering? Should I foliar feed some grow today?

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I don't think it will mess them up. These days I'm feeding more nitrogen during stretch and on into flowering as well. I don't buy in to the whole quit feeding them N entirely bit. You're situation might be different but I always seem to struggle with my plants yellowing out earlier than I would like. I grow in organic soil. My plants in my greenhouse all hit the wall and started yellowing out on me like 2 weeks into flowering because I got lazy and didn't top dress anything. I should have seen that coming though with them only being in 10 gallons with unamended recycled soil though.

RoostaPhish

Veteran
It appears you are running a modified lucas formula. The original formula calls for 8ml micro, 16ml bloom. There is also the 6/9 formula, 6ml micro, 9ml bloom. Either way both call for the micro to be higher. I would just recommend you up the micro to 7-7.5ml/gal.

GlaZed420

Well I got pretty frustrated with how everything went... Plants were fairly unhealthy no matter what I did and yields showed that. 45 plants yielded 12 lbs. Im gearing up for 3 rounds this year. Im probably going to move away from Sour Diesel as I have tried 2 separate cuts and none of them have worked well... same goes for a few friends. This year will be roughly 75-80 in 20 gallon pots in 3 rows with 2 or 3 levels of trellis. Goal is 20lbs a run.

CrushnYuba

Yea. The diesel is a bust. Doesn't perform well in greenhouse. Puts on to much larf. Doesn't like the heat. Real sd doesn't flower quick enough for the quick whips you need for deppo. GG#4 has replaced diesel for me. I don't like running it for first depps though because not enough light during that time of year. Diesel is overrated imo. The only dude I know really pulling to shelf deez in his dep is running crazy evaporative cooling to keep his temps down. Deez stretches and larfs out in the heat. Even so, his other strains are nicer. You got this man. Anything I can do, let me know.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Well I got pretty frustrated with how everything went... Plants were fairly unhealthy no matter what I did and yields showed that. 45 plants yielded 12 lbs. Im gearing up for 3 rounds this year. Im probably going to move away from Sour Diesel as I have tried 2 separate cuts and none of them have worked well... same goes for a few friends. This year will be roughly 75-80 in 20 gallon pots in 3 rows with 2 or 3 levels of trellis. Goal is 20lbs a run.

You mentioned maybe using a foliar to correct deficiencies. I think you're on the right path. Some variety of kelp/cal mag in a 24 hr quick brew should help with uptake. I'd even use a heavier concentration of tea. And you're probably right to move away from the Sour D. I've never had much luck in the way of production with most cuts.

GlaZed420

Thanks guys. Im gonna mix up feeding as well... I also believe I watered to much. Basically 50 plants got 150 gallons per watering while that doesn't sound like much pots stayed wet much longer than I liked... could have had something to do with the plants inability to uptake nutrients. I also MAY have fed too often. I am going to still run CES but at a schedule of Nutes, water, tea, nutes, water, tea etc... Definitely going do a foliar spray of some kind once a week or so.

CrushnYuba

Increasing plant number will help. It's pretty hard to overwatee 20g smarties in one shot. Watering to often is more likely to mess with them then watering to much.
Everyone does their own thing and it's your choice but I personally think less is more with feeding. Whenever I see someone trying to feed a greenhouse with fancy bottle nutes like it's indoor, they have problems. Their plants usually look hungry and they don't have good pulls. The guys at the hydro store are idiots. There are 2 options in my mind for me.
1. Either amend really well, top dress, tea.
2. Sea grow. This gets better results then anything I have seen. Sea grow is 60$ for a 25? Lb bag. Has allot of micro nutes, organic stuff from the sea and then a little extra chem salt kick. 16-16-16 for veg. 4-26-26 for bloom. You can feed every couple waterings, or you can run it more diluted in every single watering and get sick results. I mix the 2 and run higher N then most people do in flower.
Be sure to let pots dry out in water.

You definitely can. I haven't seen it really happen without taking some kind of steps to control environment like getting a swamp cooler or wet wall to cool down the house and increase humidity some during the dry hot summer as well as correctly managing nutrients and canopy density. From an 18x36 I got just under 40