What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Greenhouse shopping in Grass Valley - Forever Flowering vs Conleys vs Alternatives

FatherEarth

Veteran
FF breathable fabric

FF breathable fabric

To those of you who have tried the forever flowering Triple layer fabric.
Is it worth the money? I'm about to buy one and wanted to know if there is an alternative that is comparable? Or is the FF dep fabric is really the best in the game ?

Thanks,

FE

furrywall11

@FE
I picked up some of FF's breathable tarp a couple years back..Downside was that it was expensive, seemed heavy, got caught on things and ripped very easily and, let some light through...definitely wasn't pitch black in there. When I complained they explained you don't really need pitch black to do a light dep. It worked for me, but seemed a little sketchy. There should be a tarp thread..I'd love to hear about tarp alternatives. I'm looking for something to replace my heavy duty silver and black tarp...there's no way the golden arms are pulling this thing over without breaking.

Here are some pics of my underground ventilation setup with 4 x 12" Vortex V series.. 8020 CFM and the fans themselves are practically silent.

underground.JPG

presetup.JPG

ghouseapril5.JPG

FatherEarth

Veteran
Svensson makes the best fabric:laughing:

But have you used it?...looks like the svensson is for automated systems, especially with the dimensions offered... Wondering if those coverings will withstand hippies pulling them over hoops day in and out... I'm not sinking the$$ into fancy systems until the political climate figures itself out. I can't wait a year to get one operating either. Figured yanking kivvers been working years no need to stop now...

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
That's what I have but I don't pull it over a hoop a leading edge moves it back and forth to a fixed edge with ls100 over the top to make a pocket to fully black out the seams

maxmurder

Veteran
@yes4prop215....

are those Emerald Kingdom setups??

I ordered a conleys mountain 1300 for a site, but have a second site that I was considering doing an emerald kingdom if that's what you have there.... im going to pull the trigger

Sylvandale Gardens in Redway has a mini me setup of the EK , looks alot like yours. i was gonna get one but needed to stay under a fence line and 10' was too tall.
You should kill it yes4prop!:yay:

somoz

Veteran
That's what I have but I don't pull it over a hoop a leading edge moves it back and forth to a fixed edge with ls100 over the top to make a pocket to fully black out the seams

Are you using the Firebreak model and did you source it locally?

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Almost there. GH # 1 is 90% done, bringing down 50 amps to it tmro to power the supp lights and exhaust/shutters. There is a delay right now in 80-100+ ft blackout tarps so mine got delayed a few days, but luckily its finally in and they are slapping it on the 2nd one tmro as well. gonna be busy the next few days getting these buttoned up, and then its time to start filling these things up! my veg room is exploding at the seems with starts that need to get outside asap.

picture.php

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Yup still got a 60ft ready to go full kit and tarp so no delays in the blackout film like some are experiencing

For the winches for light depping. Is their any way to set them up on timers? I dont have the time to deal with wadsworth this year, they have been extremely slow in all aspects of comnunication. Anyone have a design to light dep even if it just automatically pulls the tarp once a day, where i would have to come in morning and uncover. I was thinking instead of traditional hoop house design i could erect a rectangular structure out if 2x4s, put plywood on north wall, 8' high, plywood on east south and west walls up to 4' high, then have a winch pull blackout fabric from east to west to cover it from the inside?