What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Greenhouse shopping in Grass Valley - Forever Flowering vs Conleys vs Alternatives

ChopperDodger

My personal experience, for whatever it may be worth, has been positive. They are slammed all the time, so I know now they don't even have the 30' wides available.

I have bought 3 of the 30' x 60', they have the pics featured on the karmens website, and just tried to get another this year, but had to settle for a 20' x 70' as the 30' are backlogged too long.

Anyway, Kimi is always very knowledgeable and aware of options with the build out that can help a lot.

Anyway, thumbs up!

doublejj

Veteran
Has anybody worked with karmen's greenhouse's in grass valley? I've seen a picture on craiglist for frame running $1,800.00 and thought it looked pretty rustic , 1,800 is about my price range though because i feel for that price i can potentially build a larger hoop house
Yes I bought 2 30x60's last spring & they are fabulous greenhouses.

CrushnYuba

Have you seen my thread on diy steel framed greenhouses? Most of the pictures are gone. You could definitely build your own for less.
I have built a karmens 24ft wide. They are decent basic houses but taxed for what they are. Definitely no conleys or anything. Everything they sell parts wise is also taxed. From wiggle wire channel to tarp to automation stuff.
The frames aren't the expensive part. The plastics and foundation lumber and little fixings, endwalls, kills ya.

doublejj

Veteran
Have you seen my thread on diy steel framed greenhouses? Most of the pictures are gone. You could definitely build your own for less.
I have built a karmens 24ft wide. They are decent basic houses but taxed for what they are. Definitely no conleys or anything. Everything they sell parts wise is also taxed. From wiggle wire channel to tarp to automation stuff.
The frames aren't the expensive part. The plastics and foundation lumber and little fixings, endwalls, kills ya.
Karmens basic kit for a 30x60x15 is around $10,000 including cover & end walls with double wide rolling doors on both ends. Hired a local crew to build both for $6,500 +$1000 lumber. So I have around $14,000 into each greenhouse. Just got a quote from Kermans for solar light dep kit including panda plastic $4900. I will be ordering 2 light dep kits soon.

CrushnYuba

That seems a little taxed for blackout. Think you can get both kits for less then one karmens kit locally. Just with the way the market is you got to try to save where you can.
Greenhouse mega store in sac sells 130ft x 53ft rolls of reinforced blackout for 1600$ that's enough to do both 30x60s.
Im not trying to pimp my own stuff on here, but i sell auto blackout kits minus tarp way cheap and if i do it at that price others do to. For 2 motors + 120v smart wifi controllers or dumb solar controller setup for 1000$.
Both houses 4k

doublejj

Veteran
That seems a little taxed for blackout. Think you can get both kits for less then one karmens kit locally. Just with the way the market is you got to try to save where you can.
Greenhouse mega store in sac sells 130ft x 53ft rolls of reinforced blackout for 1600$ that's enough to do both 30x60s.
Im not trying to pimp my own stuff on here, but i sell auto blackout kits minus tarp way cheap and if i do it at that price others do to. For 2 motors + 120v smart wifi controllers or dumb solar controller setup for 1000$.
Both houses 4k
I'm up in Grass Valley.....we need to talk:tiphat:

CrushnYuba

Pm me and we can talk. Im really not trying to spam my own stuff on here. Its just growers are making less money. Gh guys will have to also. I am all for the every mans auto depp and the diy.

Smith111

Not sure if I should start my own thread or not.

Are there a few professionals that can help me out? I am working on a grow design, and I am looking into new greenhouse systems. I am up for ideas, but it seems the industry standard is quickly becoming 10k sq ft greenhouses, then stacked together. The size operation I am talking about will eventually be about 20 acres, but will be starting with smaller greenhouses, eventually working up to a full 20 acre greenhouse grow.

Greenhouse companies to use:

FF
Conley
agratech
Farmtek aka growspan series 1000

What company is best? What company may have limitations on what size operation they can take on?

Is this the model most others are seeing successful? 10k sq ft greenhouses run by 1 farmer and a small crew? Any other details or helpful information would be greatly appreciated.