What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubblegum sativa pheno?

madalasatori

Veteran
I ran two serious seeds bubblegum. One grew to the classic indica seeet smelling pheno, the others looks like a 14 week haze and has very thin leaves and foxtail buds. Anyone seen this before?

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
All the bg I've ever had was very compact and round buds, both from the clone only and seed, but I never grew it myself, just had friends with it. You might have something special, or maybe the bazooka joe expression is found in the indica phenotypes.

Serious Bubble gum!

Serious Bubble gum!

I grew out 3 bubble gums from serious seeds, and all 3 sound like your sativa pheno. I took them down at 10 weeks, but they could have probably gone longer. Airy buds, not much frost, slight sweet smell, but no bubble gum flavor.

I wasn't going to bother sprouting out the rest, but I might have to if there is a sweet indica pheno in there somewhere. For now they are at the very bottom of the retry list.

I think my next attempt at finding a good bubble gum candy flavor is going to be from some of BOG's genetics. From the descriptions you cant go wrong, grapey, bubblegum, sweets, sours...mm mm good!

averick45710

bubblebum

bubblebum

i have been growing fem (nirvana) bubblegum for many years indoors under HPS. they have always turned out very nice! i started out buying nirvana seeds due to the price but they proved themselves over the years by having very decent strains. i had a 5-pack of BG leftover that was almost 3yrs old so i decided to put them outdoor this spring before they got any older. this was my first time growing this strain outdoors. i have noticed some sativa traits in some of the plants in the past (indoor grows) but they seemed to be over-all very stable, with about 75% indica. now these 4 outdoor plants seem to be more sativa dominate but i cant be sure that it is not just them being outdoors. the days are just now getting shorter here in southern ohio and they started budding very quick. they are 9' and 10' tall now and look like a sativa dom plants. the leaves look like a 50/50 plant, not real wide but not super slim either. all four plants do look the same, as is said this strain has always been very consistent. if i remember right, nirvana seeds have the BG listed as a 50/50 strain with indica traits. i guess i will know forsure in about 8 to 10 weeks. anyway good luck on your grow!

Shovelhandle

I've been growing an older USA Bubblegum and has always been fat, fat leaves, floral bouquet and fruity/hash taste. Outdoors they grew fat heavy buds. Indoors I recently grew 14 BG plants and most were really sativa looking. Large heavy foxtails, thin leaves and not the same flavor profile. I used a high blue spectrum grow lamps - T5ho 216W total to augment 800 w MH n grow and HPS in bloom. I do know that the lamp does funny things to seedlings, very very tight nodes, no stretch at all. But I wonder if/why/how these lamps could effect the plants' expression so much.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
ya SS from seed had a sativa variation with a better buzz but little resemblance to Indiana bg

Shovelhandle

Here are four Bubblicious Autos from Dr Krippling. Doing pretty well organic outdoor garden at 45º N Eastern US. Not like the fat leaf Vt Bubblegum I loved to grow/smoke. But so far they are showing very well. Just have to keep the bugs and rot at bay. And that is a real.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN1518.jpg
    DSCN1518.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 21
  • DSCN1519.jpg
    DSCN1519.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 25
  • DSCN1520.jpg