What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trying to find a true "skunk" smelling strain?

TheBlaze

We have no skunks in South Africa, and I wasn't smoking in the 80's/90's so take this with a pinch of salt...

I've been told that skunk smell is like burnt rubber/chem/tooth decay

I've grown a strains that fit that description. Some more than others obviously.

- Nirvana White Rhino. (Loud burnt rubber/plastic smell in flower but cured into a sweet smell)
- DNA Genetics Exodus Kush (Once cured, it had a powerful "skunky" smell. Very pungent)
- Seedpac/Ninefold Darlins Net. My current keeper (GG#4 leaning) is almost all burnt rubber, with a slight musky undertone. There is also a little coffee and sour smell as well. This one is probably closest to what you guys are looking for. Will have to do a little pheno hunting though. Should find it in a 10 pack.

D3pthCharg3

I just flipped lights on 8 phenos. Can you tell me how yours turned out? Thanks.

A bit more on the c99 in flavor than I was hoping for, grapy with a touch of some sharpness, but I dot think it was skunky...best of luck to find what you're looking for:)

yahooman

chem91 skva bx is pretty skunky,chemmy..offensive really
i ran elite kings version and it was amazing in every way!i see csi humbolt has a chem91 skva s1....im gonna grab a pack or 2

Dog Star

Veteran
Nailed one strain...

that is mix of Super Silver Haze and Old Hash plant and all plants that goes out
are huge stinkers,nothing sweet in them while in same time cross have big potency
and very nice yields... by structure this plants grow simmilar to Exodus Cheese,
not big stretchers while structure is with good branching what gives positive on yield..

am belive F2,F3 and others need to be even better,this is total unworked line..

Happy Times

chem91 skva bx is pretty skunky,chemmy..offensive really
i ran elite kings version and it was amazing in every way!i see csi humbolt has a chem91 skva s1....im gonna grab a pack or 2

Ever consider the Insane Seed Posse Chem lines? Seems ya dig the Chem

Their stuff sounded like they’ve worked and stabilized it a bit

yahooman

Ever consider the Insane Seed Posse Chem lines? Seems ya dig the Chem

Their stuff sounded like they’ve worked and stabilized it a bit

i chose elite kings because they used isp's version to breed with the va clone,they bx'd it 2 more times to the va clone,thats why i chose elite kings over isp,closer to the va
the first bx is super va and the second the bx\d the va clone to their super va to make their chem91 skva bx which is actually a bx5 because isp bx'd it 3 times to the clone

Happy Times

i chose elite kings because they used isp's version to breed with the va clone,they bx'd it 2 more times to the va clone,thats why i chose elite kings over isp,closer to the va
the first bx is super va and the second the bx\d the va clone to their super va to make their chem91 skva bx which is actually a bx5 because isp bx'd it 3 times to the clone

Oh nice, didn’t know that