What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone mount AC condenser inside?

the gnome

Veteran
im in the lighting capital of the US, florida.
if i got hit and my ac went out I'd be Fukt Fo Sure
and even tho i sized the mini mitsu for 6 lamps the fan just couldn't toss the cooler air all the way to the opposite wall @21ft
so i added a 24K breeze with the self hookups inside the main building.
best move i ever made,
I can control temps now to 1 degree anywhere in the 13X21 room.
my power bill actually went down a bit even adding the other unit,
we'll see how that does in the summer
it substantially lowered my risk for a lighting strike and can upgrade my room to and extra
4000w
the only con to it is it's pretty damn hot in the main building in the summer
but it's beautiful in the winter and the cold snaps are easy peasy,
so that kinda evens out that.

just the insurance aspect of having a spare in case one fails is enuff imo for having it.
it was under $2000 to put it in.
add up what would happen if your ac went belly up for your 6000w bloom room that's 4wks into 12/12.
if you couldn't do the work you'd have nosy ac techs around a very stanky situation.
what if it took a week or more to get it fixed or have another installed?
what are gonna do with 35-40 5ft skunky smelling strong 50foot away sticky bushes?
dunno bout you but that scenario sends a shudder up my spine :fright:

wait what? you want to cool one sealed room inside your house or something?

Yup!

Tree - Thanks for the answer

If I run it outside ill need to buy a cold air kit for it. I think its sort of like an old school block heater for a car, and slows the fan down I believe. I have also read to build a little dog house structure around it to keep it not so cold.

I like the inside idea to utilize the heat for my house, but something I didnt take into account is that is will be loud AF in my basement.

I think it will go outside