What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Infamous Irene Kush...straight outta' the Dirty South!!!

i got a cut they told me was irene kush and gave me some nugs with it.. the nugs were pretty dead on to that original description except for the sour, cant remember it being sour but might have been and i just didnt notcie cuz the stink was pretty complex like a mix of og and some straight kush like master or something, like an og thats more kushy then chemmy.. when he said smells like an earthy alpine forest that would be dead on to my description.. straight alpine like a wood cabin or some shit. thats my favorite smell for buds too. the sour might have been buried in all that though i dunno, the buds were smoked very quickly. also they were very small nugs. dont know if they just gave me the small ones or thats how they come out.

when i got the cut it looked kinda stretchy looking, almost ogish but since it has grown its gotten bushier and fatter leaves, the leaves are not like og kush leaves at all. but the structure so far would be between og kush and bubba if that makes sense. not as stretchy and lengthy as og but not as bushy and stout as bubba if that makes sense.

no clue if this is the real deal cut.. cuz i dont know anything about it other then the little ive read here, dont know anyone else that has had it or seen it. glad someone has pics of the real deal here though to compare. hard to believe a strain from atl would make it to LA considering theres already so many kushs and ogs but i guess people still spread em.

ill post pics as it gets bigger. i transplanted into some recycled soil cuz i didnt have any freshly made.. didnt reamend it at all either.. its going through a rough patch and im not sure if thats why or not, we'll see if it snaps out of it or i might have to transplant to different soil again.

anymore info would be appreciated.. also if anyone has seen this around socal? might be calling something else irene for all i know.

Nspecta

Veteran
Irene is bagseed from some kush shipped from LA to the A. That particular brand of kush was named irene by the natives in the A, so the selection from the bagseed was called Irene as well.

Hey S4v...good to see ya back around...I only have a minute 'cause the old lady is getting home in a minute...but...I'm not sure if you remember this old post...

RUDEBOI said:
01-22-2007

Through my friend I was fortunate to get hooked up in the real world with Orgnkids cuts as well as the "Larry & Irene" from Larry.

This ^^^^ is why I'm wanting to talk with our boi. Along with the fact that Wick claims to have gotten "Irene" from the same guy he got "Larry" from...and if Wick's cut is the same as Rude's then there needs to be some adjustments to the present day story...ya feel me.

I'm unclear whether Irene comes from bagseed or Larry...or maybe it's a combination of both?

S4vvy

Hey S4v...good to see ya back around...I only have a minute 'cause the old lady is getting home in a minute...but...I'm not sure if you remember this old post...

This ^^^^ is why I'm wanting to talk with our boi. Along with the fact that Wick claims to have gotten "Irene" from the same guy he got "Larry" from...and if Wick's cut is the same as Rude's then there needs to be some adjustments to the present day story...ya feel me.

I'm unclear whether Irene comes from bagseed or Larry...or maybe it's a combination of both?

Whatever swerve and wick are talking about with larry and irene is unverified at best, and more than likely it's just nonsense and them trying to attach themselves to real world backstories. The larry was a clone from Larry. The Irene is a selected bagseed clone from units shipped to the A - Popped in the A.

There is no Irene clone that they could have gotten from Larry because it was named in the A. The "Irene" was never named Irene in socal. The units were not called Irene Kush :biglaugh: The clone you have doesn't have a deep backstory, it's a bagseed from units shipped to the A.

If wick has the same cut, somebody from the small group in the A gave it to him (which i SERIOUSLY doubt) and he's lying about his backstory. Or he's just totally lying about everything and spouting more misinformed bs as facts. Anything either of those guys say about genetics needs to be taken with so many grains of salt you might wanna get yaself a glass of water :biggrin:

Remember the Pk?:tumbleweed:

grodog

i got a cut they told me was irene kush and gave me some nugs with it.. the nugs were pretty dead on to that original description except for the sour, cant remember it being sour but might have been and i just didnt notcie cuz the stink was pretty complex like a mix of og and some straight kush like master or something, like an og thats more kushy then chemmy.. when he said smells like an earthy alpine forest that would be dead on to my description.. straight alpine like a wood cabin or some shit. thats my favorite smell for buds too. the sour might have been buried in all that though i dunno, the buds were smoked very quickly. also they were very small nugs. dont know if they just gave me the small ones or thats how they come out.

when i got the cut it looked kinda stretchy looking, almost ogish but since it has grown its gotten bushier and fatter leaves, the leaves are not like og kush leaves at all. but the structure so far would be between og kush and bubba if that makes sense. not as stretchy and lengthy as og but not as bushy and stout as bubba if that makes sense.

no clue if this is the real deal cut.. cuz i dont know anything about it other then the little ive read here, dont know anyone else that has had it or seen it. glad someone has pics of the real deal here though to compare. hard to believe a strain from atl would make it to LA considering theres already so many kushs and ogs but i guess people still spread em.

ill post pics as it gets bigger. i transplanted into some recycled soil cuz i didnt have any freshly made.. didnt reamend it at all either.. its going through a rough patch and im not sure if thats why or not, we'll see if it snaps out of it or i might have to transplant to different soil again.

anymore info would be appreciated.. also if anyone has seen this around socal? might be calling something else irene for all i know.

After I grow it out, I'll be able to let ya know if its the Legit cut or not. I was actually surprised when I saw that ya had it, because I only know of maybe 4 or 5 folks that have it...

Wish GH would come back around. Been a minute since Ive spoke with em..Where ya at bro? S4V, holla at me at the other spot. Got some things ready for ya :)

manicgrower

I can vouch for this nug, I rememebr smoking her back in hs in the A. Nothing like typical OG or 'gas'.. very colorful and extremely LOUD. better than cookies I'd love to blow her up in a UC.

B

BasementGrower

i figured .. honestly.. i have 2 plants right now that are bag seeds from some sick og kush seeds.. pretty much.. my boy from colorado .. was sending units out to the area i live in .. and my boy that was sellin the units around me.. found a 30 seeds in the 15 pounds or so .. of OG Kush.. no1 knows if it was renamed.. or what but it looks like bubba kush .. and deep chunk mixed together.. and out of the 30 seeds.. 25 popped.. 5 died .. 22 females. 3 hermis.. out of the 22 females.. with stress and other messing around 12 more hermied.. there were 10 that were all good in there own way.. but it got brought down to 3 females.. then after running the 3 females for a couple runs. he ended up making it down to 1 female that was amazing buds.. now i got it.. and i wana make S1s kuz its soooo fucking amazing.

M

manchild

Whatever swerve and wick are talking about with larry and irene is unverified at best, and more than likely it's just nonsense and them trying to attach themselves to real world backstories. The larry was a clone from Larry. The Irene is a selected bagseed clone from units shipped to the A - Popped in the A.

There is no Irene clone that they could have gotten from Larry because it was named in the A. The "Irene" was never named Irene in socal. The units were not called Irene Kush :biglaugh: The clone you have doesn't have a deep backstory, it's a bagseed from units shipped to the A.

If wick has the same cut, somebody from the small group in the A gave it to him (which i SERIOUSLY doubt) and he's lying about his backstory. Or he's just totally lying about everything and spouting more misinformed bs as facts. Anything either of those guys say about genetics needs to be taken with so many grains of salt you might wanna get yaself a glass of water :biggrin:

Remember the Pk?:tumbleweed:

I had to ask wick about this subject today because I remember him saying something totally different then what you have posted. Here is the pm from wick:

I never said that I had the "irene"... It was the called the larry when given to me, and the Larry guy said that the cut used to also be called "the cristal" OG cut... I have long stated this information on the cabana and other boards.

I am confused why anyone is talking about this Irene stuff?

Wick also ask me to tell you guys if there any questions or even if you guys would like to discuss what he actually said, to pm him at the cabana.

When it comes to Swerve, I don't know the guy. I don't know if wick is being labeled because he knows or works with Swerve but we can find a more constructive way of getting to the truth. :thank you:

Nspecta

Veteran
I never said that I had the "irene"... It was called the larry when given to me, and the Larry guy said that the cut used to also be called "the cristal" OG cut... I have long stated this information on the cabana and other boards.

I am confused why anyone is talking about this Irene stuff?

Thanks for getting at Wick manchild...that does clear things up a bit.

SmokeTrees said:
11-07-2012~ Irene is from wick. he got it from the same guy the larry cut came from

Not really sure where Smoke got his info, that he posted here in one of the OG Kush threads...must've been second or third hand misinformation or Wick be trying to backtrack on something he might've said. :chin:

Another thing a handful of these socal cats were saying is the Irene down there is just another SFV OGK cut...which, of course, is not true.

Irene @ 50 days
attachment.php

Attachments

• Irene@50days.JPG
    Irene@50days.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 335
M

manchild

Wick said that around the same time as that quote from rudeboi.

Well, from his pm he said he never said it and to hit him up at cabana so he can clarify any misunderstanding. A link to that post would be nice. I'll just let you guys handle it and not corrupt Nspectas thread.

Sorry Nspecta for going off topic. Thats a lovely lady.

Nspecta

Veteran
Well, from his pm he said he never said it and to hit him up at cabana so he can clarify any misunderstanding. A link to that post would be nice. I'll just let you guys handle it and not corrupt Nspectas thread.

Sorry Nspecta for going off topic. Thats a lovely lady.

Not off topic at all manchild...the whole reason I started this thread in the first place was to clear up or clarify some contradictions in my research on Irene. :tiphat:

Thanks to you too SmokeTrees...I think I'll hit Wick up to help further clarify some thangs. :thinking: