What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Beanhoarder Seeds?

I have grown five different strains from BeanHo.

The pros: All five were very vigorous grower, no hermy's and heavy yielders except the PCK.

Jack Herer x PCK: I got five females one keeper due to strong potency. The other four had weak to below average potency. Did not care for the flavor. I got 5 to 6 oz in a 5 gallon pot.

SSH x Mango Haze: Big yielder all phenos. 6 to 8 oz per plant in a 5 gallon pot. Went 12 weeks flowering. Out of 6 females 4 were weak to no potency.The 4 had bland flavor. 1 had a piney aroma and flavor. Average potency. The best one had a nice tangerine mellon aroma and flavor it was a uplifting high. I did not considered it to be strong potency.

Afhgani Haze x PCK: Airy buds even with the afghani in it. I got 4 oz per 5 gallon pot.
tasted like some columbian regs with below average potency. I gave most of it away.

BlockHead x PCK: Very frosty and sexy looking females. I got 4 females. They yielded about 4 oz in a 5 gallon pot. They were all short in height.
They were average potency.One pheno had above average potency but lacked the flavor.
They all had the indica type structure.

PCK: This was the down fall of the BeanHo strains. I got 6 females grew in to a huge bush, however they only yielded between half to 1 oz per plant. They were two and half feet diameter and four feet tall. The buds were exotic smelled tasted like soap.
It had a very weak high. Total waste of a grow. I was mad as hell.

To sum it up BeanHo ruin his keeper mothers by crossing it with the PCK.
I still have about 20 packs of BeanHo strains That I have no confidence in growing.

J

Junkhead

I was curious about PCK because its somewhere you can actually get purple from seed. But I keep reading that the potency is not there at all. How was the veg speed on the PCK Euphoriaholic?

To Junkhead:

The veg speed was not bad. It was not as fast as the haze hybrid. It was similar to Sensi Star, Blockhead or Sweet Tooth # 3. It was not a slow veg. All six females were very uniform. They all stayed the same height during veg and flowering.

The PCK tripled in height when put into flower. At this point I was convinced it was going to give me good yield. However, when the buds were not filling up, I convinced myself it was going to makeup for it with awesome potency. I got neither.

The PCK did turn purple with pink pistils. After drying the buds it had a soapy aroma that translated into the flavor. It was like biting into a bar of soap. It was unpleasant and sickening.

I live in a non med state with draconian law. I cannot take the risk and waste my time and money growing a bunk strain. One of my motto is "Life is too short to be growing a bunk strain."

I did not take any picture of the PCK because I did not want to be reminded of such a miserable experience.

J

Junkhead

Thanks for the info Euphoriaholic. I was rereading your orig post. Kinda surprised on the lack of potency in some of those crosses esp mango x ssh, but I don't doubt you in the slightest.

Have had some plants that after smoking it tasted like my mouth was coated in soap. Wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't tried it myself. Glad I only had a sample..

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
There was supposed to be a new drop from beanho but I don't see it advertised anymore. Believe it involved C99 which is for newbs imo. Would love to see more hawaiian sativa like someone mentioned earlier

Skunkenstein

I really enjoy the Heck out of Beanho..Feel like the guy is reading my mind on some of the Crosses.I jumped all over the Pick f-2's a/t the start..Looking for the Elusive purple I never found. This plant is a Packistani Ibl,which really has no Business crossing with establisted westernized plants,esp the Hazes.It is in itself a very enjoyable happy smoke..yield and potency are seriously Lacking. Super strong, but tall plant.I am currently running the Sensi star(ogre)xBlockhead,which is banging on all 8cylinders! This plant has it all,plus some..I could go On and On..Luv It!! I'm pretty much buying all the crosses and F-2's that appeal to me. I believe there are untold Treasures hiding in Beanhoarder seeds..and I'm going to Find all I can..!!!

JACKBAYBEH

Would love to see more hawaiian sativa like someone mentioned earlier

Yeah man, I would like to find out what BeanHo has planned for more Hawaiian Sat crosses. I would love to see him make F2's if possible. Although, if it were possible I suppose he would have made them by now. Has to be a possibility for someone out there to F2 them.
Still kicking myself all these years later for not buying those beans from Federation. :wallbash:

medman225

Beanhoarders a good pollen chucker as far as iv seen(I mean that with nodisrespect but he is jst a really big pollen chucker company)... I enjoyed the hell out of his swt3 f2s and am looking forward to popping the blockhead and mango haze I have from him
The fact of the genetics he uses in his pollen chucks are great stock.... the kind of strains I fuckx with... I think however thhat before one buys from beanhoarder one must remember all his strains are either f2s of someone else's work or an outcross utilizing other peoples work.... hes breeding with the same stock more or less we all have access to. So the only f1s are the outcrosses and as they're polyhybrids even an swt3xssh is gonna show variation all over the place... and as far as his f2s go. True f2s are the most diverse generation within a filial ibl line. My point is that if u indeed go through some of beanhoarders wares. Buy a few packs as all his strains are a pheno hunt.

FoCo(No.Co)

Barned
Veteran
The PCK did turn purple with pink pistils.

I did not take any picture of the PCK because I did not want to be reminded of such a miserable experience.

You grew purple and pink flowers and didnt take pictures because you found it to be a 'miserable experience'? I am going to go ahead and call bs.

F

Folate

BeanHo,
If you are listening do some more crosses with your Super Silver Haze bubblegum pheno, and also with your Deep Congo!

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got Mango Haze F2 (mango pheno) going now, + I got 4 Purple Afghan Haze going; out of 20 this is it. I will say that the PCK slows everything down. My first PAH 10 seeds stalled out and did nothing, I threw them out. The PCK seems to be inbreed to the point of depression.

RF

JACKBAYBEH

BeanHo,
If you are listening do some more crosses with your Super Silver Haze bubblegum pheno, and also with your Deep Congo!

Yeah, Deep Congo crosses! Take a Congolese pheno cross a Malawi pheno of the Golden Tiger you run. I was just talking about this cross in a thread the other day. Haha! Do it so I don't have to bro.

Skunkenstein

I think the PCK was kinda the 'Turd in the Punch bowl', so to speak. Many peeps were turned off by lack of yield and Mild medicine tasting smoke. I'm currently running some other selections that are Outstanding. Read descriptions and understand what your buying.

bioguy

Beanhoarders a good pollen chucker as far as iv seen(I mean that with nodisrespect but he is jst a really big pollen chucker company)... I enjoyed the hell out of his swt3 f2s and am looking forward to popping the blockhead and mango haze I have from him
The fact of the genetics he uses in his pollen chucks are great stock.... the kind of strains I fuckx with... I think however thhat before one buys from beanhoarder one must remember all his strains are either f2s of someone else's work or an outcross utilizing other peoples work.... hes breeding with the same stock more or less we all have access to. So the only f1s are the outcrosses and as they're polyhybrids even an swt3xssh is gonna show variation all over the place... and as far as his f2s go. True f2s are the most diverse generation within a filial ibl line. My point is that if u indeed go through some of beanhoarders wares. Buy a few packs as all his strains are a pheno hunt.

Thats really well put. Virtually everything on the market is based on someone else's work so I would not say thats a bad thing. So many people get upset about phenotypic variety but its also needed to keep the game interesting. If the price is right and good pheno's can be found chuck away.

snooze

Just got my Sweet Tooth #3 F2 :D

I have a pack of these as well waiting to be popped, hope you post updates if you get around to it!

I also ordered his hawaiin x swt which I plan on running this summer, will report back.

He never claimed to be a breeder, personally I think it's great that someone is making intelligent crosses with great strains. You know what you're getting into, its not gonna be uniform, you gotta poke around but it sure does get the imagination going. Can't wait to try some of his beans out soon. I mean he does blatantly state he's just pollen chucking for his own amusement and figured he would share. Prices reflect that philosophy, I respect that.

slotcheat10

ive grtown out 5 different strains frombean hoarders, the problem with them is the germ rate!! it sucks!!!!!!! 2 maybe 3 out of ten!!!!

Latest posts

Latest posts