What's new

Mexican Sativa

I wood

Yes.
Bodhi has zipolite oaxacan, Acapulco gold. Also Colombian black that is similar and very good but not Mexican.
Ace has some very interesting Mexican seeds as well as other landrace offerings from the region.

Koondense

Veteran
Original Delicatessen - First Lady
E$kobar - Oaxacan IBL, Jalisco IBL
Cannabiogen - Jarrilla

rolandomota

Veteran
Yes but their in my brick seed stash. I think jarilla and primera dama i cant think of any others right now just some that are like Mexican like Guatemala and honduras all at ace website

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hard to get right now but Snowhigh has some great ones, been smoking the Guerrero x Michoacan. Legit old sativa and just great fun.

Jarilla is not to be missed, from ACE. The E$kobar ones are more modern afik, but still good. Breaking Buds has a old Michoacan that I have yet to run, we will see.

ahortator

Veteran
All that glitters is not gold! Most seedbanks "Mexican" strains actually aren't.

Sadly Mexico is flodded by Kush and other hyped fast hybrids. So it is even difficult even to find pics of plants busted in Mexico that resemble a true sativa (now called NLD) type. Even tall slender fingered plants can have that awful Afghan rotten skunk stink.

It is really sad! :cry:

Bardo Eagle

For me the best strain that resembles ancient mexican landrace is Honduras from Ace,very wild plant with strong aromas and good effect,after one day of stop smoke(drop of tolerance) hit me like mild dose of cubensis with CEV and crazy happiness,good for meditation, winter outdoor run in canary island, no cure and absolutely no standard indoor dankness of bud,only a weed, after all the effect was the most promising of all the strain that I've grown, beating ghana, double zamal, ukhrul, durganchitral, nanda devi at this stage,sorry for english I'm dumb :tiphat:

Rgd

Veteran
there are old people around who still have stashes ofcnon indica'd mex sativa
i am growing a mex that yields well tastes creamy good..is not too long flower or skinny..and gives me the high i like..
i have only sampled an early cola cut..no finisg and no cure
so far it does it enough for me so the final product should be good

Attachments

• mex aug 5.jpg
    mex aug 5.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 30

bestothebest

Thanks for the input. I really want to find that mexican sativa for breeding purposes. It is a large building block of may modern strains, and once i have all of my building blocks, hopefully something good will come out of one of my hybrids