What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

(>-_-)> Neptune's Moving Castle <(-_-<)

N

Neptune

The GDP looks good man, but that damn Chocolate Chunk stretched more than any strain I have grown to date... fucccckkkk..... so the GDP is up against some giants. I am trying to give her breathing room, but it is hard. Overall she looks damn good, and I will run a table with her next time... no doubt about it. I think she can yeild well in this setup, as we both know.

jimjay, yeah.. i noticed the new ones have a little peice of metal on either side that you can insert the /\ hangers into. Mine don't have this feaute, the holes pierce the box itself and allow air to flow through the (unfilled) holes that the /\ hangers are inserted into. I did not know the cord now comes out of the enclosure -- awesome. But damn, can I turn mine in for new ones? :( the c99 is from CARE on 7th/broadway.

NG burners are the way to grow folks. If you can handle the heat.... I have solved the overheating issue by dialing the PPMs to 1000. I now get reasonable temps overnight... +27-30F from outside air temps. When I was running fresh air intake and no co2, my temp rise above outside air was 13F. This would be too cold in the winter, but perfect for summer. So, when summer comes around I will probably have to go back to Fresh air intakes.

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well everything is looking good Neptune ...i'm happy this Co2 thing is working out for ya eventhough with the leaks...
i have a seald room but i will stay with my bio co2...maybe in the future...but then i'm gonne need a a/c i guess :chin:

Nway good job on the plants my friend !

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
neptune-lookin good man. hope the salmon creek bigbud comes out okay. dying to see if she resembles the madness. keep me posted!!!!late...sub

N

Neptune

Almost at the halfway point, and I am way ahead of all previous grows with the Pot of Gold. I am seeing bud formation that is at least 7-10 days ahead of the last crop or two. I will blame this on working during lights on only, previously I was working during their dark cycle, with a flouro shoplight on... I have had to adjust my schedual to be somewhat of a night owl insomniac :sasmokin: No doubt the steady nutrients, stable PH, and CO2 boost, and fresh bulbs have helped in this regard as well. Oi!

Pot of Gold

The chocolate Chunk is garbage so far, she just keeps on stretching and stretching... not developing any buds. This clone is bunk, damn I hate that... and it was recomended to me from a good friend too... wonder wtf is up!
Chocolate Chunk

As a result, the Granddaddy in the middle of the chunk will suffer.. but nonetheless I think I have proved to myself that Indeed, I can grow the granddaddy to her full potential -- and I will next crop. I can't take pics of her, she is at least 1+ foot buried under Chunk Vines. :badday:

C99 is on fire! She is starting to put out a slight tropical fruitpunch smell, wow... came on pretty late!! Tell you the truth though, I hope she is an F2 and not an origional Bros Grim... The F2 Gen, from what I have been reading on, is way tropical fruity pinapple... and that is what I want! She has some mean colas coming on, and her nugs are getting a lot of light due to me topping them at a young age.
c99

ohya, that SCBB is gona be suffering this run, as I mentioned above.. the PromixHP really fucked her up... so I will do her proper in the future, but this run she will nto be very photogenic... bummer man!

More updates to come later, thanks all for stopping in. :wave:

Last edited:
N

Neptune

Day 33 Bloom

Day 33 Bloom

Hey folks, I'll get to the LOADS :wave: of replies later, but first the update.

Not much to say, Day 33 here.. they just got their Final reservoir change:

g-m-b
0-350-700
300ml Hydrogaurd
300ml Hygrozyme
This came out to PH6.0/800PPM for 60 gallons of water.
I will add Overdrive/Kool Bloom at the end of the week at 200 ppm.

My Tap water is back down to 75ppm, which kicks ASS! It was up to 190 over the winter... making it hard to grow nice plants. It will go as low as 30ppm in the Summer... can't wait :)

c99
9807c99d33.JPG

chunk, c99 is behind these lanky budless bitches. :badday:
9807chunkbooboo.JPG

POG... Looking like a Nice run... I think I have her dialed, 1 year later :yoinks:
9807pogd33.JPG

9807pogd332.JPG

9807pogd333.JPG

And now to the Replies!

.. . . . . ....... . . . . .

pico

Veteran
Heh, don't feel bad. No one seems to comment on my grows either.

I just switched 10 lights over to HIDHUT bulbs. I don't see any difference between the hortilux and them, but who knows. They sent me a free 525NM narrow spectrum LED green light that screws in to a regular socket.

Have you used the overdrive before? If so , what were the results?

Also, do you actually measure out 60 gallons of water somehow, or do you just estimate based on the size of the res?

aeric

Veteran
"not much to say" lol I guess the pics speak for themselves....lookin good Nep!

N

Neptune

Pico,

The reservoir is 70 gallons, so when I am calculating nutrient additions I estimate the actual fill level to be 60 gallons becuase it's on the safe side. I probably often top these reservoirs up close to 70 gallons, but that gives me ~10 gallons of dilution which is what I like. The HIDHUT bulbs are rockin' for me so far, I love em...All in all, they are more Lumens than Hortilux, so probably more PAR lumens as well. Those green LED bulbs are tasty, I am going to pick up a few on my next order, for friends and myself. :)

I used overdrive once, could not tell if it did anything -- my guess is no. I still have almost a full Liter, so I'm going to try and use some. In my head, it goes like this....

I'm already using the Lucas Formula, which is 0-8-16. Already has very high ratio of P/K for bloom. Adding yet even more P/K is not only unnecessary, it can be destructive if not done properly... which is why again I will be extra cautious, and probably add only 150ppm OD. Overall, there is no difference in the P/K in overdrive, and the P/K in the GH 3 part BLOOM bottle. They are essentially the same product, except one is about 3x the price and promises a bunch of bullshit... and has pretty graphics. This goes for KOOLBLOOM and all the rest of that shit as well... anyway, I see folks who never use "bloom boosters" with consistant, great results.

thanks for stoping in Aeric, come back soon :)

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Neptune said:
My Tap water is back down to 75ppm, which kicks ASS! It was up to 190 over the winter... making it hard to grow nice plants. It will go as low as 30ppm in the Summer... can't wait :)

9807c99d33-thumb.JPG
9807pogd33-thumb.JPG

Sounds like we get water from similar places - only mine doesn't go quite that low on the ppms in the summer. When the ppms are in the 150-200 range seems I need to flush the plants more often or I get Ca+ and Mg+ lockout. :bat:

I definitely think you have both the POG and C99 dialed in fine! Man that is a Field of Dreams in there - that's a nice size space full of plants!

I have a couple GoldenSkush waiting to sex - hope I can get them to look half as good as you POG :yummy:

N

Neptune

35 days

35 days

I was bored, here's some pics.

Pot of Gold, I know why I keep her around now...
I was just starting to wonder if I should move on to new strains...

NAHHHHH!
9807pogcola1.JPG

9807pogcola2.JPG

9807pogmac1.JPG

9807pogmac2.JPG

9807overdrive.JPG

and here is one of Romulator's SSH, I did a poor job on her... but she still smells dank and is diamond encrusted. This is the Promix HP medium, it was 2000ppm out of the bag if you remember. fucked up a lot of my testers this crop... I'll stick to FFOF blends.
9807romssh35d2.JPG

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Neptune-those buds are looking awesome! so you are pretty impressed with the POG huh? i can get that down here if i choose to, ive been going back and forth on which kush i wanna go with, that or hindu kush. your making a great argument for POG. great job!

aeric

Veteran
Agreed Neptune, boosters like that are better suited to soil, or perhaps a quick boost at exactly the right time for a very dialed in strain, or for coir.

Promix 2000 ppm outta the box?! Sounds like u got a bad batch, I never had a problem with Promix like that.

My tap was 450 last week and today down to 200 and I was jumpin up and down lol.

MID TOWN

DAMN neptune, those girls are lookin great. I cant wait till my babies start to nug up like that.

peace

N

Neptune

subrob, hey man.. yeah this POG does indeed have some Kush qualities lended by the Hindu in it's pedigree... though this one leans twords it's skunk parentage, the odor is very kushy perfumy, and the trichome coverage is Hindu healthy!

Sup will, good to see you round these parts!

Aeric, I used Promix HP -- not regular Promix. I am told that Promix sells about 15 different bagged products, in bales, and they are all different. The one I useed comes "charged" with 1200 ppm... well, when I went to fertilize it I assumed it was inert... but it was already WAY too hot for my plants, and it burned the shit out of 9 plants in 5 gallon buckets. Lost about a pound of herb, probably.

MidTown, yo man stick around cuz they just keep putting on weight right up until chop...fatter and fatter... It always looks so dissapointing until right about now, then you know you got something good! All the nugs are coming together, not a single piece of popcorn on this crop.. I pruned her right FINALLY!

Updates next week!

G

POG looks great, well they all do. Shame about the ssh but i am willing to bet she will still be some :yummy: smoke
Best of luck with your plants!

Last edited:

clowntown

Veteran
Around what week does POG start to stink?

What's up with the OverDrive bottle? Does this mean you use/like OverDrive?

What's your RH during bloom?

I'm about two weeks behind you, on my first run of POG in DWC. My RH is a bit bothersome (can't get it below 50%), but I have pretty good ventilation.

Last edited:
N

Neptune

clowntown,

Stinks at around 35 days.
just using up the bottle I purchased, I won't be buying another one.
RH is 70-80% with lights off, and 60% with them on. A dehumifdifier is on the way...

I would not stress about 50%, that is fine.

Latest posts

Latest posts