What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thanks Michigan for trying to screw us over!

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
https://www.freep.com/story/news/marijuana/2018/11/29/growing-marijuana-voting-access-michigan-bills/2155157002/

This pisses me off so bad. If in fact I cannot grow in a state where coorperations can legally grow. I will in fact be the happy fool out there doing whatever I can to fuck with coorperate grows. You name it. Hemp pollen, russets. I don't give 2 shits. Anyone opposed to home grow while supporting large commercial gardens can totally fuck off. Serious. Go do fat bong hits of eagle 20 and stand in front of a train.

I mean with no offense to anyone who loves and wants to see this plant free. But I told everyone that this is what the would try. Reel the voters in then switch.

So fucked.

geneva_sativa

sorry to hear,

but as you pointed out,,, kind of expected when people hand the reigns to government,,, or think its wise to beg the state for ones rights,,, or believe they will honor the peoples wishes

St. Phatty

https://www.freep.com/story/news/marijuana/2018/11/29/growing-marijuana-voting-access-michigan-bills/2155157002/

This pisses me off so bad. If in fact I cannot grow in a state where coorperations can legally grow. I will in fact be the happy fool out there doing whatever I can to fuck with coorperate grows. You name it. Hemp pollen, russets. I don't give 2 shits.

I understand.

However, you give the corporate grows a prelim heads up by mentioning specific measures.

Which will lead to corporate counter-measures (at least for greenhouse grows).

Let them find out the hard way.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
For the love of the plant. To overgrow prohibition.

Remember, there is no such thing as legalization if there still exists ANY platform through which the government can take away a person's freedom simply for growing a plant. 4 plants is not legalization. That's regulation. That is their way of tossing us a bone (appeasing) while getting us to create yet another means of perpetuity for their careless and reckless legislative measures on any number of issues, not just cannabis.

Remember, the government, DOES NOT have the ability to give you rights. Those inalienable things, belong to you, simply because you exist. The core nature of a crime involves a victim, by legal definition. THE ONLY victims of cannabis, are those created by badge wearing tyrants hiding behind capital letter agencies, who seek to destroy innocent people's lives, so they can pay the bank for their double mortgaged McMansion they bought while sipping the kool-aid of the "American dream".

F.U.C.K.E.M.

Long story short. The battle is far from over. If we accept this quasi-legalization farce as the finish line, we have sold short the dreams of those who sacrificed everything to ensure this plant survived a war waged against it by the wealthiest, most powerful government entity ever to exist in recorded human history. Keep your name off their list of approval. Don't let "the man" tell you what is right or wrong. What you can or cannot do. Keep overgrowing ALL forms of prohibition, which includes regulation masked as freedom.

If you disagree, just read my signature.
petard2.gif

dank.Frank

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
That's what I've been warning against.

It's control.

We need to be free to grow or it's not free.

And the taxes flow and people go to jail anyway.

Thanks but I think we are worth more to ourselves.

Why give taxes for nobody out of jail, increased penalties, and higher cost lower quality herb?

There's nothing wrong with a bunch of little guys keeping each other in check except it's not very corporate America.

I'm rambling angrily off into Michigan with my pitchfork and torch.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
I hate corporatism with every ounce of energy wish I could strip them of their power and imprison them as they ruin everything they touch

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
How strong is your constitution in the States.. If it is your right then do it and Fuck the law as lower laws would be illegal for nullifying your rights in the first place. And defend yourself to the highest court. Once it gains momentum lawyers will work pro bono just to be associated with the historic case. I was saying it for years in my country and now 2 cases have taken years to get to the highest court. One down and won conclusively with the result being it decriminalized for personal use, transport of and growing of for personal use. The next case coming up again soon, but been in the courts for years now.

Bob marley was saying it before I was born, get up, stand up! Stand up for your rights. That's when babylon leaves ones ganja alone! When you draw the line in sand and stand up for yourself and tell the authorities to back off and get back on their side of the line in no uncertain terms. Our one case the defendants threw hundreds of pages of evidence at the courts in defense of it being our right on multiple fronts, the state basically didn't take the hundreds of pages seriously, never read them, had no defense and almost lost the case there and then..the court took the evidence seriously but gave the state another chance..when it is eventually heard there will and can be no argument against it being our right with the evidence so comprehensibly arguing how it is and the state will loose and they know it which is why the case is being stalled and stalled. But hey the other case that is done and dusted just said that in just in defense of ones right to privacy, the state has overstepped the line with regards to personal cannabis use and growing as an adult. The highest court unanimously agreed and overnight weed was decriminalized. ;)

Dank Frank has the right idea!

I mean our constitution has a preamble that it supersedes and takes precedence over any other law or contract and rights cannot be contracted away etc..and also goes on to say that in the event of lower law not being in alignment with it, one must act in accordance with the constitution and not other law or contract etc..by law. When I read that nearly 2 decades ago I understood that because of multiple rights as such that it was my right to consume and grow and acted accordingly as if it was legal and as far as I understood it I was the one acting legally all along and not the state! In the end after openly smoking and growing for 2 decades, I almost had some heat but none came to me and in the end the countries deputy justice in the highest court of our land confirmed that Yes! my opinion all along, was entirely correct. Food for thought, check your laws..if lower law is not in accordance with your constitutional rights then it may be actually illegal to abide by those unlawful lower laws and to uphold them..hehe And then when the stuff came out to assist with cancer it was all over, I've cured two skin cancers on my own face so don't try tell me it doesn't work and since it is well known to cure epilepsy and I am epileptic (my neurosurgeon told in late 90's that the amount I smoke should cure my epilepsy and he was right!), so no-one can deny my right, and since it seems to be prophylactic to some degree against cancer actually legally no-ones right to grow or consume can be denied (if your country is a UN member, the highest law of the UN enshrines these rights). I said that in my country it was only a matter of time with it being then wholly illegal, till lawyers, judges and politicians would turn around and ask for oil, and we should freely give..and that time has come and gone here LOL now I'm giving oil to the local butcher, the oldest families in town and the local cops..and judges have already recognized our right and politicians have ended up with cancer and taken oil in parliament to prove a point, and I have lawyers that will defend us probono no matter what, as when cancer hit their families we gave them oil and they cured them and now they owe us what you can't calculate.

Its a plant just grow the fuckin thing..when this site started and we all came over from overgrow its not like it was legal anywhere anyway..we never gave a fuck, in fact it made it fun! Us against the injustice. Overgrow the place, stand up for your rights, that's how babylon falls in this case.

Its not like its crack, and then again its probably legal in your county to grow coke trees LOL you just aint realized it and quivering in yer boots because you have two ganja trees over your "limit", coke trees being just the right species (which are fine and full of the good stuff and have been left specifically out of the laws and drug schedules the world over so that coca-cola is legal to sell ;), and its not heroin, as beautiful and probably legal the poppies are also to grow where you are for show..I got my first poppy flowers from the local bakery when I just rocked up and asked em for seeds and they gave me a cupful anyway, with weed its just dope, grow it to prove a point if they won't let you. And on the same note grow whatever you like..As a taxed, voting adult in a democratic country who the fuck gets to tell you what to grow or not or consume or not. If I want to take a gun and shoot myself, what are they going to press charges for attempted murder if I survives, no victim, no crime. I lost my best mate to a decades long heroin addiction (but not really) so I'd say fuck, grow the flowers of the poppy, just for medicine and show, do not abuse, but if my mate grew his own or could get his smack pure from a doctor daily in the right dose, he would still be with us. He got lost to useless complacent nurses and a legal sleeping pill at a rehab, go figure in 20 years plus the smack never got him. Grow too the coca nova. sp. , is probably legal where you are as said, and why should south america be the only ones to wake up to a nice cuppa cocaine in the morning..Its all your right if you choose. I mean your brain makes the most powerful drugs on the planet along with hundreds of species of plants and countless animals..so what are the authorities gonna do? You are manufacturing DMT right now all over in your body, but your body is also making other shit to block it off, of which the beta-carbonline chemistry might also be illegal, the drug laws are a joke to challenge with modern science and knowledge. And the are lostly illegal the world over and are just used to protect industrial markets and to fill prisons and keep arrest statistics up to justify police department budgets along with destroying families and lives and being used to steal assets by the state from otherwise non-criminal tax-payers. We used the last defense of endogenous illegal chemicals with published papers as evidence once in a magic mushroom possession case, since there is just an OH and/or positional difference in the chemistry between serotinon, psilocin and DMT and both last substances are in the same schedule and told the judge that we were prepared to take it to the highest court, the judge (lower court) called everyone into chambers made the cops make an apology for wasting everyone's time and threw the case out.

Another thing about law, it has to by law follow logic and be rational, above all else. Also law must be always be applied equally and without fear and favor. If one can show the law is illogical and irrational POOF! If the law can be shown that it cannot be rationally be used in equal application..same POOF! Law gone just like that and they (law makers ) must make new law in its' place, that is how law works as far as it has always been explained to me by my lawyer mates and we have used that to shape law to be more just. Law must be made, and then tested and then settles on what becomes the law until tested again. We are here to test it, it must be fair and robust. So by that token, in the states drug law is pretty tight, and with the analogues act etc..even tighter, so tight in fact that if you apply them all together fully and apply them at their full wording with no leniency it makes so many native lifeforms illegal including us and the judge that it is impossible to apply in any logical manner. It was made before the knowledge we have now was discovered and it is in fact too tight to be rationally applied and so is selectively applied to make it work. That makes it vulnerable to challenge. The same law that makes cannabis illegal makes more than you would care to imagine illegal, especially when you apply it with analogues act etc..so much so that the law itself becomes logically indefensible.

The law is there for justice at the end of the day, so one can use them for that and it is agreement with the law and legal system and they will work with you. The way law has been used sometimes against injustice is beautiful sometimes, in our country the spraying of "illegal" cannabis crops by the police and army of roundup got stopped by a court injunction, you know that little package insert you get with the instructions, that is actually legally a contract and since it was shown to the court that the sprayers were not following the instructions on the monsanto product, especially with regards to overspray and wind directions and planning and local communities and food crops, and the court revoked their right to spray as they have broken product use contract law. F'kin beautiful. Take your aim, find the laws' weakness and go for it, claim back your rights. I mean George Soros and all was trying to get involved with big money to get the spraying stopped, but really all it took was a smart lawyer with ethic and scruples and for him to take a sharp aim and bang. No more. Thats how it works. Not sure what has happened since but the first case to take a constitutional angle in Argentina was won a decade or more ago and not heard of one lost since then..If its your right do it with no shame, if you feel to do it.

Last edited:

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
That's what I've been warning against.

It's control.

We need to be free to grow or it's not free.

And the taxes flow and people go to jail anyway.

Thanks but I think we are worth more to ourselves.

Why give taxes for nobody out if jail, increased penalties, and higher cost lower quality herb?

There's nothing wrong with a bunch of little guys keeping each other in check except it's not very corporate America.

I'm rambling angrily off into Michigan with my pitchfork and torch.

I wish I was more capable of causing a public uproar. I think if anyone thinks clearly about it. Several small farms that make and spend money within the community will do way more to improve the lives of their own neighbors than supporting any grow big enough to have stockholders.

I have thought about tshirts, pamphlets or even a podcast. Not that I can afford. Unfortunately I never tried to get rich with my favorite plant. I just want to support my family plus a bit extra.

While discussing this I also wish more of the public understood the difference between coorperate and small farms. Whenever I see a huge grow my first thought is I would hate to battle a pest im there.

As for me. When I cannot fix a problem I start over. I will never spray any substance on flowers. Period. Too me that is the true cost of growing organic (actual organic not some fucked up labeling shit). Right now I am recovering from a lost PM battle. Every single grower I tell about tearing down and starting up clean say I could never afford to do that. So basically they knowingly choose poisoning other people for profit.

I realize not all growers think that way. But I have not met many. And as for big pest free grows. Its only a matter of time. Something is getting in. Or your doing something I do not approve of and profiting off damaging peoples health and trust.

Chemdawggy Dawg

I knew they would try this. I told everyone I know to vote no. I don't know that many people though. I hope all the pussies that were saying "now I'll be able to grow my own without fear" are happy. Also the guys that were talking about microbusinesses. Good luck with that dummies. This won't pass but I bet you'll be able to grow 2 plants per household or some nonsense. We already had an excellent medical system in place. If you couldn't get decent weed the problem was you all along. I saw in Massachusetts they want $400 an ounce. Fucking awesome.

Last edited:
Your legislators have control now and most likely took money or will take money from mpp. They’ll slowly change anything that was good in your intial legislstion, into something that works for their kind. Mpp is a strategic move to corrupt cannabis farming

Ready4

Veteran
They need at least 75% of the legislature to achieve this fucking anti-democracy action.

Take note : THIS IS THE GOP IN ACTION - They do not believe in democracy or our rights, here is all the proof you need - they are bought & paid for corporate whores and anybody that still votes GOP in our State, after this, is an absolute fool. The GOP was too cowardly to vote it in prior to the election - doubtful they will be any less afraid of the voters wrath now. Email your reps, let them know how you feel. Arlan Meekhof is the enemy of democracy and should have his finances examined after the first of the year.
A class action lawsuit against the State GOP should be in the works now.

Mengsk

I am sorry guys. But it feels like a little bit of a no win situation, doesn't it? You may have known well ahead of time, an expert well educated. But what about the person who might be arrested or their son or daughter? You would think that legalizing something which can get your children in trouble is a good thing. However it's just a planned attack on people. When decriminalization comes out as a bad thing how do people prepare for that? Class action after the fact is one thing. But here I feel like I can see all the legislators colluded ahead of time and the law is just a notice where we are the last to hear of what treachery the gov't has been busy working on for years. It's not like you get a notice from the court or a knock on your door from police. Instead we are receiving word that gov't regulators and their collusion partners are the bad guys who deserve a knock at the door. There is a saying about asking for forgiveness rather than permission. Here is an example of the gov't (and who they sold to) taking action without consulting the people. I'm not saying that the gov't usually asks its constituents about anything as is the intended role of gov't but this is getting closer and closer to the last straw proverbially speaking. With this much frequent change, it's like no laws are sacred. Nothing means anything if regulators are doing this much sneaky work behind the American public's back.

Ready4

Veteran
I am sorry guys. But it feels like a little bit of a no win situation, doesn't it? You may have known well ahead of time, an expert well educated. But what about the person who might be arrested or their son or daughter? You would think that legalizing something which can get your children in trouble is a good thing. However it's just a planned attack on people. When decriminalization comes out as a bad thing how do people prepare for that? Class action after the fact is one thing. But here I feel like I can see all the legislators colluded ahead of time and the law is just a notice where we are the last to hear of what treachery the gov't has been busy working on for years. It's not like you get a notice from the court or a knock on your door from police. Instead we are receiving word that gov't regulators and their collusion partners are the bad guys who deserve a knock at the door. There is a saying about asking for forgiveness rather than permission. Here is an example of the gov't (and who they sold to) taking action without consulting the people. I'm not saying that the gov't usually asks its constituents about anything as is the intended role of gov't but this is getting closer and closer to the last straw proverbially speaking. With this much frequent change, it's like no laws are sacred. Nothing means anything if regulators are doing this much sneaky work behind the American public's back.

hello, It is far, far worse than "gov't taking action without consulting the people". It is the most un-democratic actions taken this century in Michigan and possibly ever here. To try to change it AFTER it just was passed by the voters is political suicide hopefully. The whole pile of "lame duck" crap the GOP is trying to pull should have the citizens marching on Lansing demanding they resign. In the next election, expect to see propositions to make the legislature part time and one to prohibit ANY changes by the legislature to voter enacted law = they work for us and we need to force them to work for us or they will not = the GOP majority right now are useless corrupt cowards that need to be removed from office.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
The article clearly states it’s “almost impossible” to pass this bill.

The attempt is no surprise. So what’s with all the exaggerated claims - hyperbole?

I imagine most of us are already growers, and will continue to do so regardless. I don’t get all the negativity. As of now, it’s premature and unfounded.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
The article clearly states it’s “almost impossible” to pass this bill.

The attempt is no surprise. So what’s with all the exaggerated claims - hyperbole?

I imagine most of us are already growers, and will continue to do so regardless. I don’t get all the negativity. As of now, it’s premature and unfounded.

No surprise?

Negativity??

UNFOUNDED???!!!