What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Microplaning,really??

NemanHarpoon

Hello guys. This is my 2nd time doing bubble hash and this time I tried to microplane some of it. A day later I wanted to roll those trichomes into a ball,but the whole thing just crumbles and looks like it lost all of his oil. Here in the pic you can see(same batch,from left to right)
38-70 micron/ 70-185 micron/ and 38-185 micron,microplaned and tried to make it into one piece.Smells good but looks like crap. What have I done wrong? I just tried to knead in my hands like a dough.
20170829_113314.jpg

iboga

you have done correctly by the sound of your message. Just every plant has its own genetic makeup which is what you will find in your bags.
It all depends what you put in the bags ....
GOLD IN GOLD OUT!!!!!
SHIT IN SHIT OUT!!!!
:tiphat:

NemanHarpoon

No,no I didn't do it,I just sifted through a strainer( guess it's called microplaning) and left small crumbles to dry out. And after 24 hours it looked to me pretty dry,so I was trying to knead back to a single piece,but it somehow does not stick to each other and it feels crumbly and dry. While other pieces(shown in the pic) are nice playdoo texture and oily :)
Maybe I just did something wrong.I was experimenting with faster drying methods. But to be honest,so far the best method for me is to take fresh wet hash out of bag,put it on some sort of tile surface,and keep the fan blowing on it. After 2 hours it already looks moist,but not damp and I just formed it into disc shape and leave it for 24 hours,next day knead it for a little bit and again make disc shape and leave it for another 24 hours,5 days later you can store it in the jar and it won't mold.

Pepé The Grower

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok, it was the first time i heard that term. Looked into it, seems microplane is a US brand of kitchen sift/tools.
Better that than you microwaving your hash, sorry to have made such assumption, my bad.:)

Then Iboga might be right, it could be genetic related. Or maybe you over dried it( seems strange tough). You could try to press it harder and for a longer duration, maybe using some heat.

Did you used the same green for both hash?

NemanHarpoon

Ok, it was the first time i heard that term. Looked into it, seems microplane is a US brand of kitchen sift/tools.
Better that than you microwaving your hash, sorry to have made such assumption, my bad.:)

Then Iboga might be right, it could be genetic related. Or maybe you over dried it( seems strange tough). You could try to press it harder and for a longer duration, maybe using some heat.

Did you used the same green for both hash?

Sorry,I guess I just got lost in translation by using "microplaning" term :D
But I think it got too dry and became brittle,and yes it is from the same wash from the same material,just the end result is not what I've expected. But oh well,you try and learn. :tiphat:

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Probably more contaminate in the third piece. It was your second wash, the 38-185u piece?

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
I think Chimera said not to use MicroPlanes, as they slice through cell walls, as opposed to pulling apart .. exactly like a leaf

Here people are using vaccum freezer ovens to dry fast and with optimal terpene conservation, drying slowly always seemed to me to be a bad idea.

mallorian

any links to one of the freeze dryers? or how to create one? been wanting to try that heard its better results an easier than microplaning

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
any links to one of the freeze dryers? or how to create one? been wanting to try that heard its better results an easier than microplaning

Harvest right make them, but if you look at gopurepressure.com they have the Hash specific model and some nice sale prices..3.5K dropped to a very tempting 2.5K

They need a bit of work, someone I know has one here and (sadly...) they cannot be moved about, they also need fluids cleaning/changing and maybe a bit more, it's not quite like a magic fridge, like the BHO Vac ovens, it needs some level of care to run right

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Harvest Right has those models on their site and you can avoid PurePressure and their bandwagoneering.

"You can dry bubble hash, ice wax.."

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
Yes... I dont know PP, but that stinks... however I liked their prices, and the hash fridge showed up on Google, whereas it seemed (to me, after 5 minutes looking) that the Harvest Right site didnt link to their Hash making fridge... so I put the PP link up... It was no endorsement.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Aie, no slight on you. They just get under my skin.

I would say they generally appear to be flipping products at market value.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Necrobump...

Do you have to use a specific freeze dryer for hash? Or would one of the small home ones work?

$2k for a specific use seems expensive for a home producer. But one that I could also freeze dry food in for storage , and that price is a lot more palatable.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry,I guess I just got lost in translation by using "microplaning" term :D
But I think it got too dry and became brittle,and yes it is from the same wash from the same material,just the end result is not what I've expected. But oh well,you try and learn. :tiphat:
Look at the product under a microscope.
If you see a bunch of cystolithic hairs, that would explain the grittyness and inability to be molded into a ball.
https://www.google.com/search?q=cys...dAhXI7IMKHc7bBBwQ7Al6BAgGEA0&biw=1920&bih=916