What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diy steel hoop house.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Using this DPDT Relay.
TE CONNECTIVITY/POTTER & BRUMFIELD K10P-11A15-24 POWER RELAY, DPDT, 24VAC, 15A, PLUG IN

Mounted on the Socket.
TE CONNECTIVITY/POTTER & BRUMFIELD 27E487 RELAY SOCKET

The wiring goes like this. 1&4 2&3 get jumped.
With power on the relay the motor goes one way.
With power off the relay the motor goes the other way.
A & B are the control power for the relay.
This is from CrushinYuba's advice. I needed to draw it out to see it work
The limit switches control the start stop of the cycle.

picture.php

Davesnothere420

About how much would a 100 foot gh run me doing it your way or 2 60 foot ghs I know that's hard to answer but if u could give me a range that would be very helpful

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Blackout plastic, Any recommends / advice?

Light dep air intake / exhaust.
Thinking about stacking 3 large storage bins with cut outs in the bottoms to create zigzag for light and cutting out the top to accommodate a standard HVAC pollen filter.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I lost my helper and need to get stuff going inside. There will be updates for the next season. For now, I've got to get the cover on and come up with a ventilation system that will be light proof. There are some 12" fans that do 2900 fpm3 with a flex duct. At half speed it would change the air every minute.

CrushnYuba

If you do, get this stuff.
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07KKGKCZD...be-11e9-99b7-fbd6159d2f22&smid=A3SMFOWYM55T1Z

I picked mine up at Home Depot. It comes in 12' width also which might be better for you. I use it and it's been on the ground for 4 years. Anything else I tried actually encouraged weeds to grow. :D For the amount you need, check with a local plant nursery or store and ask them for some. Worse case, they'll say "No".

I really like the woven ground cover. I have it in all my greenhouses. You can sweep it clean but allows water to pass through. Won't ever get muddy in there. And the lines on it let's you line it up perfectly straight. I get the 4' x 300ft rolls for 70$. One of my local shops even sells it in white to reflect light and heat.. But it's more expensive.

0612191038.jpg

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
If you do, get this stuff.
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07KKGKCZD...be-11e9-99b7-fbd6159d2f22&smid=A3SMFOWYM55T1Z

I picked mine up at Home Depot. It comes in 12' width also which might be better for you. I use it and it's been on the ground for 4 years. Anything else I tried actually encouraged weeds to grow. :D For the amount you need, check with a local plant nursery or store and ask them for some. Worse case, they'll say "No".

Good advice on the flooring. Thanks. Should start covering it today if its not too windy. I got some snap on clips to hold the cover in place while locking it in the channel. Floor will complete it next week.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I really like the woven ground cover. I have it in all my greenhouses. You can sweep it clean but allows water to pass through. Won't ever get muddy in there. And the lines on it let's you line it up perfectly straight. I get the 4' x 300ft rolls for 70$. One of my local shops even sells it in white to reflect light and heat.. But it's more expensive.

...Big image...

Yup... that's it :)

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Getting temperature spikes during the day and humidity spikes at night. Fans should be enough to change the air 2x / min.

Going with a 40% shade cloth to keep the temps down.

picture.php

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Getting temperature spikes during the day and humidity spikes at night. Fans should be enough to change the air 2x / min.

Going with a 40% shade cloth to keep the temps down.

View Image

Love your setup Z,everytime I Z it I wish I had done it this year.
Luckily I have 3 acres in the woods :biggrin:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I've got the bending jig. You're welcomed to it anytime you want. I've got two, just enough to have some privacy.

Added a 40% shade cloth to keep temps down. Not sure if it's enough.
picture.php

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I've got the bending jig. You're welcomed to it anytime you want. I've got two, just enough to have some privacy.

Added a 40% shade cloth to keep temps down. Not sure if it's enough.
View Image

It's not going to work the way you designed it for flowering cannabis, you have it set for spring and fall temps.

You are trapping heat in the top, your end walls should be screeen and for something that small I'd screen the top too so you can roll it up as far as the dep plastic goes, right to the top.

You are going to have hella problems with heat and humidity on flowers in a couple months if you don't get that squared.

Fans are still small and they should be located at the peaks, one on each end will help.

You doors should go all the way to the top and be on opposite sides of the end walls leaving the center of the hoop for your dep with an aisle down both sides for access.

The center of the endwalls needs to be fans and light traps, not doors.

Screen on the endwalls at the top will help right away.

The other problem you will face this season is too much canopy for the size house you built, you can't fill a greenhouse right to the brim and have success.

It's not like a tent indoors, there needs to be enough empty space inside to buffer the humidity when night falls.

The amount and size of your plants now make it pretty clear you will be way overgrown by the time they finish, you will need to flip small plants in there to make the 8' ceiling work.
It's really too small for full season in such large pots.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
It's not going to work the way you designed it for flowering cannabis, you have it set for spring and fall temps.

You are trapping heat in the top, your end walls should be screeen and for something that small I'd screen the top too so you can roll it up as far as the dep plastic goes, right to the top.

You are going to have hella problems with heat and humidity on flowers in a couple months if you don't get that squared.

Fans are still small and they should be located at the peaks, one on each end will help.

You doors should go all the way to the top and be on opposite sides of the end walls leaving the center of the hoop for your dep with an aisle down both sides for access.

The center of the endwalls needs to be fans and light traps, not doors.

Screen on the endwalls at the top will help right away.

Thanks Chunky. Appreciate the good advice. I've been monitoring temps at the peak, mid and canopy levels. You're right, it's been trapping hot air up there and running 10 degrees hotter than mid level. The math says that the entire volume of air will be changed twice per minute but that doesn't account for the stratification. Two 1700 cfm fans and 1600 cubic feet total volume. The 40% shade cloth dropped temps 5 degrees at each level. I can move the fans up to the peaks pretty easily. That way it can still be sealed up for bad weather. I'm getting big humidity spikes at night too.

I'm going to hold off on the light dep until next spring and figure out greenhouse growing this summer. For the light dep the plan is to have the end walls solid blackout that overlap to the second hoop 18" in. It will loose some floor space with 100% direct light but increase productivity. I have a plan for cheep light proof and filtered intakes. The motors and trolleys are in hand and I've got a killer controller planned.

The plants have been topped allot to slow them down and bush them out. If they get too big they'll have to go outside.