What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

(Lemon Thai x Deep Chunk) x Pre98 BK from VerdantGreen

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sounds very promising, glad the potency is high, as it should be with such good resin coverage. the smell sounds quite bubba influenced, and bubba does have some head to its high if not over-ripened.. but it sounds like the thai has also influenced the high.

i would be surprised if some phenos didnt have the lemon cleaner smell of the LT as that tends to come through fairly strong in crosses, even against the DC

MJ, reversed bubba was the pollen donor for this fem cross, yes.

VG

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
i put my #4 in bud a week or so & i just put #3in bud yesterday.
now the waiting game lol

MJ, reversed bubba was the pollen donor for this fem cross, yes.
Gotcha. The Bubba has influenced the stature and tone, so #4 seems the Bubba/DC leaner. Now I'm looking forward to seeing another finished #3, but I can't fault anyone for favoring that smooth affect Bubba has pronounced probably deepened with the Chunk. I really do admire the DIY OG and I hope others can get into this, this is the type of breeding approach I can dig. Logical progression of Tom Hill's work, you people are alright.

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
#3 report

#3 report

#3 Smoke report

Again, very strong smoke...this is a potent cross indeed. My Thai leaning pheno.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Appearance:
High resin on these buds. Kind of airy buds. Under loupe most Trichs are cloudy with very few amber..

Smell:
The lemon cleaner smell does come out in this pheno....not at first but now after some cure when I open the jar there it is...kinda subtle but maybe it gets stronger with the cure.

Taste:
I pick up hints of citrus.......but still taste Bubba in there some.

High:
This smoke really gets me motivated to do things....but if I smoke just a bit too much it is kind of racy to me and I don't get anything done from changing my mind so often.

bugman.....you will be glad you are running this one out as well...kinda curious to see what day you will harvest yours at.

#1 and #2 reports in a few days folks.....busy, busy time of year.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php

[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Yes......more trichs on #3 than #4....

Here is a couple of pics of #2....no smoke report yet...but the smell when one opens the jar is delicious....strawberry cream hard candy mixed with watermelon jolly rancher...a real treat to smell.

picture.php

picture.php

Is it me or is the trichome coverage on the thai pheno greater?

whiteberrieS

Veteran
StrawberryWatermelonKushCandy
picture.php

That bag appeal tho...might I suggest a parallel line w/ the FatBubba to get some males in there to work on that part VG?

I'm gonna get your stuff one of these days man :respect:

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
#3 Smoke report

Again, very strong smoke...this is a potent cross indeed. My Thai leaning pheno.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Appearance:
High resin on these buds. Kind of airy buds. Under loupe most Trichs are cloudy with very few amber..

Smell:
The lemon cleaner smell does come out in this pheno....not at first but now after some cure when I open the jar there it is...kinda subtle but maybe it gets stronger with the cure.

Taste:
I pick up hints of citrus.......but still taste Bubba in there some.

High:
This smoke really gets me motivated to do things....but if I smoke just a bit too much it is kind of racy to me and I don't get anything done from changing my mind so often.

bugman.....you will be glad you are running this one out as well...kinda curious to see what day you will harvest yours at.

#1 and #2 reports in a few days folks.....busy, busy time of year.

View Image

View Image

View Image

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]View Image
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]View Image[/FONT][/FONT]

[/FONT]
yea #3 is more thai dom. nice & frosty tho.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice one unreg. great that the high potency seems to be consistent even though this pheno is more thai dominant appearance and high.
great also that there is a good mix of aromas in the different phenos too.

StrawberryWatermelonKushCandy View Image

That bag appeal tho...might I suggest a parallel line w/ the FatBubba to get some males in there to work on that part VG?

I'm gonna get your stuff one of these days man :respect:

hey wb, thanks :tiphat:, i think i can help you there, i made two versions of this three-way. unreg tested the fem version which used pre-98 bubba reversed pollen... but i also made a regular seeds version of the cross using the bubba kush pollen from stash/katsu's pure bubba kush line... so if anyone wanted to do some work on this they could use a male from the other version.
the test grow on the regular version didnt really get off the ground so i'll have to work on another test grow, but the bubba line with the same pollen has worked out pretty well if the early reports are anything to go by...
here's the thread clarifying the two versions of the cross
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=309423

heres the thread about the bubba line (using the same pollen)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=302319

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol, yeah something like that :)

jus another note on the bag appeal, unreg mentioned that some of his regular clones foxtailed on this run when they normally didnt - so the buds may well be tighter on a different run. unreg put it down to nutes not being dialled in which may be the case but ive also found excess heat can encourage foxtails and more whispy buds - not always from high ambients but it can be caused by running out of height and the plants getting a bit closer to the lights than normal (something that i have a fair bit of experience of in my 3ft high cabinet :D )

i'll send a bunch of packs of this fem version, (LT x DC) x pre98 Bubba, into seedbay later this month.

VG

Latest posts

Latest posts