What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"Started from the bottom" Shishka's Homemade Perpetual Grow Tent

Phases

Your going to love that coco - what I have found works best is one it is transplanted to give it a good feed and then let it dry out a bit. Not too much but enough so the pot is light and let the roots get established then you can start feeding it daily or multiple times a day.

It likes like you got some small girls in that 2 gal pot so make sure to get your root established before you start feeding it daily. But it will blow the promix out of the water.
I see if I can get a pic of my side by side I have going on.
I have promix in 2 gal pots and coco in 1 gal pots.

Phases

Side by side

Side by side

Here is a picture of a side by side cloned at the same time both went into cups then up potted to 1 gal pots until roots were established and then I up potted the promix to a 2 gal pot and left the coco in 1 gal - the girl in coco gets fed daily or sometimes 2x a day with 6/9 H3ads formula. They were just flipped 2 days ago. Shoes you how much better coco can be

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 18

Phases

Roots in coco

Roots in coco

Here is a shot of some roots that I have rocking in coco - I've been using promix for a long time and I think I am going to be switching over everything to coco. Hope it ends up working out for you too. :tiphat::tiphat:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 18

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
I was inspired to just go ahead and throw 3 more glues in some coco and supercrop them. So everything got rearranged.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Phases

Did you rinse and charge the coco ? Did you say it was in a brick of bagged coco?
I found the bricks usually need to be rinsed pretty good and the I would run a low calmag solution with 5.8ph until the runoff is not so yellowy brownish and more clear - just my 2 c
Looking good tho!

Phases

I had a rough first couple runs. Think it was up potted to early and did let roots get rocking good before starting daily feeds.

Also feeding too high of an ec. I keep it right around 1.2 that's with .2 tap water.

I am sure you will love it. And not all coco needs to be rinsed I didn't rinse the bagged canna coco. But I usually do the bricks they seem to have higher starting ec so good to leach that stuff out.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Picked up some 99% iso today.
Way too much trim just sitting here.

I also remembered that I had some submersible heating elements for the aero cloner.
Its been doing ok but I think the cold is slowing it down.

I checked and the water was at like 66 before and about 30 min after I put them in it was at 69, so its helping.

Here is some glue at 21 days
picture.php

Here is my selection from the jog x at 21 days.
picture.php
]

I just threw in one of each from my stable, so this should be an interesting run.

Phases

That glue has crazy spikey hair going on - I am loving the looks of that plant.
Did you grow this from seed?

How's your submersible pump work. Do you set a certain temp and then it shuts off. Kind of stupid question just wondering how the submersibles work.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Its just a one and done.

I supposed the only way to control it would be to vary the amount of water.

if it goes above 75 I will take one out. Right now its at 71

The glue is not a seed plant, its a clone that I received from a friend.

I would have to say she has a lot less hairs than others.

Phases

Ok. Yeah the temps are getting pretty low here in Canada. I have a sensor that kicks the fan on when it gets too hot, it's perfect for temperature control, I would not try to grow without it.

But I need to look into a heater my temps are about 65-70 I think - what temps would you say that are too low and need to have something done about it?
Like 60 ish or lower?

Last edited:

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Can't say for sure, but hours after the increase in temperature I have some callousing, some nubs and a root.

Right now it's at 77

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Ok. Yeah the temps are getting pretty low here in Canada. I have a sensor that kicks the fan on when it gets too hot, it's perfect for temperature control, I would try to grow without it.

But I need to look into a heater my temps are about 65-70 I think - what temps would you say that are too low and need to have something done about it?
Like 60 ish or lower?

For me, rooting happens the fastest at temps between 75-80f. Any higher than 80, and some strains suffer, and wont root or take longer than normal to root.

With lower temps,(below 70f, but above 50f) it will take forever for them to get roots. I had a tray in a basement once, where the temps were around 55f. Even with a cheap heat mat, it still took 3 weeks for a few to root. Then the rest took a whole month to root.

Edit: I just took a whole tray of cuts(72). Did 8, 6 packs of cuts 3 nights ago. Then did the other 4, 6 packs the day after. Seedling starter mix, GH Rapid start, cloning powder from Home Depot. Scraped the outside layer off the bottom of all the cuts, before dipping in the rooting powder. Have them in a domed tray on a cheap heat mat. I will report back when I start getting roots. If that's ok with you Shiska? If not come visit the Whorehouse thread, I can post my results there.

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
Of course you can update your cloning here bro and I am always at your whorehouse, I practically live there.

Heres a few shots from the am.

Cloner
picture.php

Tangilopes last run.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Ok man. I will update here with some pics and day #'s until I have roots. I think next time I take cut's, I will do a tutorial like I did for the BHO.

On another note. I ran out of room in my tray (it's full of cut's). So I took a macaroni salad dish from Wal-Mart and put a six pack inside it. The lid of course is white, so I put the dish inside a gallon Ziploc bag. We'll see how long it takes for roots, seeing on how it's not gonna be on a heat mat.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
nice thread. I like your tent setup, interested to see your results with the tomato cage. I usually just let mine go au naturale.

Phases

Hey double I would love a cloning tutorial - I need an aero cloner. The old tray and oasis cubes are too slow these days. Last round took 18 days before I saw first root pop. Usually it's 11 days max - must be the weather. I put a heat mat under but then I think it was too hot so I put a towel down and a few bamboo sticks to seperate the direct heat. So we ll see how that works.