What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Northern lights, LE 3x23W, First grow

seedybl

Hi just started my first grow.

It's Northern light feminized seed put in gold label soil, I have tried to keep this as simple and cheap as i could.
The growbox is made inside a desk side, the door is lockable and sealed with window sealing rubber thing on the inside.

I have 1 intake fan 80mm and 120mm exaust at the top, Also a regular table fan which circulates the air.

Day 9 since it showed up from the soil.
MATRIXtxri745dfwONION_192257JyV_DSC02883.jpg
MATRIXtxri745dfwONION_192332sma_DSC02884.jpg

I had it in that 2Litre box until yesterday when i put in in this 12Litre. The first 2 leaves that came after it popped up (the round ones) are starting to become yellowish and I've read that when they do it's about time to start give nutrients? I have Gold label A & B. Do you think it's safe to give them a small dose?

Day 21
ic

006db9.jpg

seedybl

Day 22

On this last pic there are a tip of the leaf that are yellow and looks burnt, This came yesterday but has not spread, any dangers?

I just mixed 0,25ml Gold label A&B nutrients in a 1l water container and gave her some.

Also worried about the humidity, if i use the extra fan to circulate the RH% is about 28-33%, And without extra fan around 40-45% Do i need to use the extra fan during dark period also or will they be fine with just intake & exaust
fans? Worth to know is that i have ran 12/12 since start.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Hello seedybl.
I can't see any burnt tips in that last pic, so I can't say there is any danger.
As far as the humidity goes, it is very important to the plant. You could switch off the extra fan during night period, but humidity is more important during the "day", so that won't make such a big change. better find some ways to rise the humidity. Like putting trays or recipients with water in there (if the extra fan would send a breeze over water it will rise humidity too), or spraying water on the surface clay pebbles when you got the time. A small humidifier could also be a good future investment.

Good luck!

seedybl

Day 24

The stem has grown thicker and i've put in some more water containers and built a "sail" from a dish cloth and some sticks to gain some RH%,
Now about 35-45% RH, The temperature is around 26-27c.

seedybl

Day 25

Tied her down a little today and saved some height so i could lower the reflector down closer again :)

As for the burnt tips i was worried about earlier, they havent changed or spread so i dont mind them for now, Everything seems to be ok right?

seedybl

Day 33

Over the weekend additional 4 bud sites has been counted under the leaves :tiphat:

Tied her crossway last night to make them exposed to light.
My bulbs doesnt really produce any heat to mention, I am keeping them about 2cm away from leafs, is it too close?

seedybl

I picked up some more bulbs so now i've got a total of 120W.

I'll a pic later today when i've got a camera.

seedybl

Day 41

2 new CFL bulb's, 23w each, 127W total

some of the hairs on the bigger buds are turning orange :dance013:

As seen on the pic above one leaf is turning yellow, is this normal?

Closer on the yellowishness

seedybl

Yea but at the price of like 3$ for the bulbs i couldn't resist. Dunno if it will make any gains with the yield though

seedybl

I've been feeding them with 1.5ml Soil A+B with 1L water, Could i step up to 2ml now that i havent seen any leafs yellowing? Or is this just a dumb risk

seedybl

DAY 47, Leafs yellowing!!! :(

DAY 47, Leafs yellowing!!! :(

Hi!
4 days ago i noticed two of the lower leafs were turning yellow.
It continued and now a third leaf is yellowing.
I water the plant usually every 2 days and spray sometimes.
Soil A+B 1,5ml per 1L water

Some pics.

What should i do?? Am i overwatering? Add more nutes? I really want my girl to survive and thrive

hoss1111

At day 47 that's probably fine man, just using up what's in the container. You want it flushed and clean tasting. I hear some plant will yellow out and loose leave as it gets close to harvest.

The rest of the plant looks nice and green though, I wouldn't panic that's for sure, ;)