What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stacked Kush under a Solar Flare 220

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Anyone who was following my last thread saw that it came to an unfortunate end, due to a move. Sorry about that. But I had a plant I was able to throw in this tent immediately upon setting up in my new house, and that warranted a new thread. So here it is.

q2gswrG.jpg

HQEc7aU.jpg

It's a Stacked Kush plant in a coco hempy. It was vegged under 600w HPS for about a month or so. I honestly don't remember now. But I just flipped it into 12/12 upon putting it in this tent. So at least this journal will be getting right to business! :D

jump /injack

Veteran
Just found this site so will be hanging here also...on another grow site, the grower was shooting his pictures thru the special UV glasses that he used for eye protection. It was unbelievable, the plants looked like they were under just white light.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Yeah that's how I take pictures of my LED gardens... I hold the protective glasses over my camera lens and then there's no pink purple glare. In my case it's not exactly like being under white light but it's pretty close.

jump /injack

Veteran
Yeah that's how I take pictures of my LED gardens... I hold the protective glasses over my camera lens and then there's no pink purple glare. In my case it's not exactly like being under white light but it's pretty close.

You probably mentioned this before and because I was high I didn't remember who wrote it; thats funny. You have great pictures and write up, was looking at the Kush x NL and think I'll try that one out. My favorite so far is that Northern Skunk, its about like the SS except the SS makes me lethargic in the morning.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Thanks brother. Yeah NS is my ultimate favorite of Peak's gear so far. It's a really versatile high that is great for bedtime, but also nice during the day if I don't overdo it. It also lasts long. And I totally agree about the SS. In my experience, the high is a really intense one (not paranoid like a haze but definitely speedy) and then it turns into a heavy lethargy in a few hours, and I wake up with somewhat of a hangover the next day. I ended up not smoking that one so much, while my wife loved it and smoked it all. She used it as pain medicine for back spasms and apparently it worked very well for that.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Day 18:

ruzSrpI.jpg

eAH9xVG.jpg

The plant grew too tall so I had to remove the flood and drain setup it was sitting in. I can't raise the light any higher! I also took a moment to prune all the lower growth since the plant is too tall for much light to get down there. I think the stretch is over though.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Day 28:

nXRNcya.jpg

WFAAVw5.jpg

sG8TBN8.jpg

t8vAuQX.jpg

There is some minor bleaching on the tops, so this light is actually pretty powerful. Also, there are tight nugs forming all the way down the lengths of the branches, so the penetration is good. I look forward to harvest so I can compare the end result to the clones in the HPS garden.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I had the plant outside of the tent today, and in natural light I can really see all the bleaching on top:

KFK6s0D.jpg

So what that means is this California Lightworks fixture is pretty powerful. The plant is about 4 feet tall and I can't raise the light any further than where it is now. So I just have to deal with it. On the plus side, there is bud all the way down the plant!

axAmabF.jpg

The penetration with this light is far beyond what I expected. I think it even penetrates deeper than a 400w HPS to be honest. So next time around in this tent I might do a scrog and keep the light almost 2 feet above the tops.

Latest posts

Latest posts