What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the WHAT have U learned from the WIFE thread

ISM2

I've learned that smoking pot makes her VERY horny and more apt to try new things in the bedroom. ;) She's an introvert except for when she's high. lol

mr.brunch

Veteran
Happy wife happy life right?

Damn right !

My wife taught me that it is worth getting married and that single life ain't the best.

Also that if you put raw egg white on a sore baby skin it works ten times better than the creams.

And if you get ink on anything, hairspray will get it off.

She has in reality taught me countless things, however, I am far too stoned to remember

Last edited:
W

WeetisPotPie

Not if you find the right partner.

Not if you find the right partner.

Damn all the married dudes in here sounding pretty whipped. Are there any old school marriages left where men are men and women are women? Or are women just calling all the shots these days?

Any relationship where one side calls the shots or has the power makes the other person unhappy. And we have all been in that situation and it sucks. If you're just getting married to be have a barefoot pregnant slave good luck. And that brings me to what I've learned. It takes 2 people to get a relationship working, doesn't mean you agree on everything, in fact that is the best part. A real man listens to what his wife says, respects her and takes her needs into consideration along with his own......kind of like growing.

And I am the man, I'm the one staying at home, doing all the "womans work". And I wouldn't change it for the world. Raising my 2 young daughters at the ripe old age of 43 has made me appreciate what a gift I was given. And I guess you really realize all this when you almost lose it all.
Happy holidays!
Peace

mr.brunch

Veteran
I have also learned that: only women are allowed to feel tired, have a hard day , be ill , or complain about anything.
Otherwise you are just a moaning man.

R

Red Berry

i learned i can do that thing that jenn did with the growing large plants thread....

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
Happy hubby = happy wife = happy life.

Pissed off hubby = pissed off wife = pissed off life.

Pissed off hubby = happy wife = silence.

Happy hubby = pissed off wife = fucked up life (time to change horses...even in midstream).

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Damn all the married dudes in here sounding pretty whipped. Are there any old school marriages left where men are men and women are women? Or are women just calling all the shots these days?

Yeah like the good Ole days when men were men, and sheep were scared :laughing:

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran

LOL....like back in the early 1900s when term "bitch slap" originally referred "to a woman hitting or haranguing her male partner".

Or in 1950s with Ralph Kramden and......."One of these days Alice, Pow! Straight to the moon!"

azfwvudhswrvvt2qdcdu.jpg

We've come a long way baby!

atk7

My wife taught me to mellow out and stop and appreciate the more subtle things in life . How to listen. And that we don't have to agree on everything sometimes a compromise may be the best solution. These lessons have Helped me in my public life also. I have. Realized over the past 30 years with her that without her I would not be as well off as i am today. She is still my best friend .
For those of you who weren't lucky enough to find a wife that became a true partner, don't mistake caring for your other half as a weakness or being whipped. For the things she has taught me and given me I will never be able to even begin to repay. Gratitude and love are not a sign of weakness . I guess that is another thing she has taught me. Trust me life has not always been a smooth ride and sometimes there is not a compromise that can be worked out but we have never let those times drive us apart. Best advise i ever got was to NEVER go to bed angry with each other.

Your missin the point. Who calls the shots these days? You or the female your with? And if she calls the shots, how is that goin? I've never met a woman who calls the shots in the relationships(seems very common these days) and the relationship was doin well. And don gimme this bullshit like its equal. There is a leader in every relationship.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not missing the point at all.Relationships that work don't have to be 50/50, they are like a living entity.They may change or evolve as you go through the lifespan.
My wife and I have been together since high school, that's 30+ years.We are both different people now than we were then naturally.Successful long term relationships have concessions and compromise on both sides.It all depends on the two individuals becoming one.Of course in this day and age this is a rarity.So basically if the question is "what has my wife taught me I would say she has taught me to be a better person, husband, and father.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Learning something new everyday from my fine Colombian wife of 12 years. In general I've learned from her it's better to be wrong and happy than right and unhappy. It really takes more of a man to be passive (with her) than to be aggressive. I don't feel "whipped" at all, I feel like an accommodating gentleman. (and it has it's rewards)

W

WeetisPotPie

Not if it's a good one.

Not if it's a good one.

Your missin the point. Who calls the shots these days? You or the female your with? And if she calls the shots, how is that goin? I've never met a woman who calls the shots in the relationships(seems very common these days) and the relationship was doin well. And don gimme this bullshit like its equal. There is a leader in every relationship.[/Q

I'm going to guess you've never been in an actual relationship with a human. Cause that is not true at all. When you grow up feel free to contribute something useful instead of making statements about something you have no clue about. I'd hate to see your grow if that's the way you treat it.

EclipseFour20

aka "Doc"
Veteran
Been with my "ball and chain" over 35 years now, and I say its all "territorial".

The person that rules the kitchen/refrigerator (cook, clean, shop) is quite protective of their turf and "allows you to use it"--but if you fuck up...your privileges are revoked. Seldom is this 50/50 or really "shared"...(she cooks, I clean, we spend my money...ain't 50/50).

Same with finances--there is yours, mine and "ours"....lol, irregardless of any tacit belief that half is yours--it really isn't...try taking your half, LOL.

Who rules the bedroom (sex)? Who rules the living room (remote control)? Who rules the bathroom (is your toothbrush in the first or second slot--who has the "top drawer")? Seldom are these "territories" rotated 50/50--but rather it is a "master/slave" relationship. Don't think so--put your toothbrush in her spot or move your stuff in her drawer/shelf and see what happens; it will not go unnoticed.

So I say accept the "turf game" and over time it will evolve--(I cook and she cleans), but to think a good relationship is 50/50 is silly--a good relationship is based on "respect" (as in respect of each others' turf).

That said, there is a thing called "consensus" and "capitulation"; each different but both can have similar outcomes--the secret is knowing when to "agree" and when to "surrender" (can't win everything...everytime!).

Latest posts

Latest posts