What's new

(Simon's) Kali Mist CFL Scrog grow - Stealth Cabinet

CrimsonBlitz

Hi everyone and welcome to my first real cannabis grow ever! Hope it’s a good one! I will be growing some of Serious Seeds Kali Mist which just germinated 05-19-13. My Setup consists of a “not so stealthy” grow cabinet which measures 48”L X 12”W X 42”H. It has 3 compartments, starting with the top left which is my Utility/Cure Room with a 4” Suncourt Inline Exhaust fan rated at 80CFM on the side. The entire system is a passive negative pressure environment.

For lighting (Flowering Only - I’m currently deciding between 5 55w CFL 3,850 Lumens each [6,416 Lumens per square foot] OR 10 32w 2200 Lumen each [7,333 Lumens/sq ft.] Bulbs on Y adapters. 2 slots will be dedicated to 6400 veg CFL’s to help keep a balanced spectrum in the flowering phase. I’ve read flowering phase should be 10,000 Lumens but I’m hoping with my lights on a flat surface on a pulley and Mylar, I should be able to get by.

For Soil I’m using Hampton’s Estate Organic Professional Potting Mix, the Nutritional Values are .25-.10-.10. I decided on 2 gallon pots with my moveable scrog screen 8” above the soil.

Now I have done a ton of research online and in books but I still feel like I have so much more to learn, So here come the questions!
If I'm not mistaken Kali Mist is a 80/20 sativa that has a flowering period of 12 weeks height is 100-200cm, my question is when should I flip to 12/12? I've been told once the screen hits 70% but does that apply to a long flowering pheno like kali mist?
I’ve read that the fan should be rated at 4x the CFM for any given grow cabinet, my cabinet is approximately 16 Cubic Feet with a passive intake system, which means my fan should be rated at 64 CFM to accommodate my cabinet. I feel with a negative pressure environment, that equation is incorrect and the CFM should in fact be higher, however I could be wrong. Anyone care to elaborate?
I’m running into exhaust/heat problems with my cabinet, If I put a piece of paper to the passive intake the force of the air will hold it in place. With summer well on the way and June fast approaching I need a solution to keep the heat down without having the doors wide open, I was thinking installing a pc fan between the utility room and flower room would help get a lot more air movement, or possibly trying to fit fans in the flower room somewhere, any thoughts? I just want to add that I read somewhere Ice will help keep the temp down, however I feel this is not a practical solution and will not be using this method.
Carbon, does adding a carbon injection system really help? If so, by how much?

Thank you for dropping in and thanks in advance for all the helpful advice and responses. Here's a pic of the little girl with more soon on the way.

CrimsonBlitz

I wanted to post a pic of the carbon scrubber and the exhaust fan as well. I would like to also express my concern about the smell during heavy flower and curing, I live in an apartment and my upstairs neighbor is a cop... lol So any other feedback on elimanating the smell is much appreciated.

Latest posts

Latest posts