What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Making Bubble Hash with Bubbleator

I have one too. I love it.
I don't freeze it prior but I make sure the water is as near 32 degrees as possible. I add ice and trim in layers in the 220 bag and run it 30 mins drain and do 30 more minutes and add the leftovers to oil or butter and not waste much thc.
I also use the 220, 190, 150 bags to catch crap and have 45 and 25 bags to collect the good stuff. I press it super hard and I don't have mold issues and the big 20gm chunks look impressive.

Hitman24

Hi gaiusmarius, i want to tell you my congratulations for your job and especially for the real good stuff you are able to take out of your washingmachine ;)

I'm now approaching the world of hash extractions (i've already stored maye 400 grams of super trim from my outdoor plants) and i'd like to know if it's worth to use thi kind of bubbleator instead of the simple bags and arms to mix trim and water.
Do you feel to recommend this machine to niubies?
Another question.......how much hash do you take out from trim?
Thanks dude, W ICMAG ;)

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
if you will be making bubblehash regularly, it's worth getting the machine, as it speeds up the process and leaves the hash in the water for less time, meaning it's tastier. you can also get more out in the end with the machine then by hand. but in the end dry sift is gonna be the best bet.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=269179

i would check this thread out and then decide how you want to do it.

Hitman24

Thanks man, i'm a quite good grower (i usually post m threads on Over grow forum) but for extractions i'm now entering in it so now i'm studying all the methods and trying to decide one to use by myself and begin producing some hash :D

i've already read about the loss of terpens with the ice o lator method, instead making dry sift you just don't loose those therpens that give flavor to the hash.

Now, as i'm not an expert, i wanted to try both methods so i can see by myself the difference between them.

In your opinion which are the most important differences?

Thanks man, i'm a quite good grower (i usually post m threads on Over grow forum) but for extractions i'm now entering in it so now i'm studying all the methods and trying to decide one to use by myself and begin producing some hash :D

i've already read about the loss of terpens with the ice o lator method, instead making dry sift you just don't loose those therpens that give flavor to the hash.

Now, as i'm not an expert, i wanted to try both methods so i can see by myself the difference between them.

In your opinion which are the most important differences?

OG still exists?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
let me say this a well made bubble hash is much better then an average made dry sift. but if you manage to get the dry sift as clean as the guys are doing with this method i posted the thread to, it will beat most bubble most of the time. even with a short wash using the bubblator, you still lose flavor as some terps are just water soluble.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
So would it be worthwhile doing some dry sift and then adding that to bubblehash made with the remaining material to add some flavour or just keep them separate?

I want to make a lot of hash so was thinking about using bud mainly, if used fresh and then frozen i guess it would need chopping up a lot and you would need to do a lot of pulls to get it all out?

I might try tumbling and then carding dry sift and also bubbling and see which i prefer or just have both and be happy :smoke:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
if you make stuff thats as clean as pics that DSW posted you will not want to mix that with anything, as it's the gold. when it comes to making large amounts of hash, the quality normally suffers. there are methods for cleaning up tumbler made farmers hash, but those that know how are not telling, so for most people bubble hash is the way to get the best product with the least effort. i still need to find a local source for the screens before i can really talk about DSW's method for producing 90% clean dry sift.

Maximo

I ran my bubbleator yesterday myself, the new hip acronym is SCFE, and the DSW comment you made has me thinking he's possibly doing the "dry ice" (CO2) method of dry sift extraction which is not the same as SCFE, check youtube for more info about SCFE, theres enough there to give you an ideal of what it is and how it works, its also very expensive right now as its mostly on a commercial scale and it will probably chase allot of folks away when they know how to do it, i live in a city that make stuff like SCFE equipment already so I'm already looking at getting some of the equipment made for me. Denver was a blast, 70,000 people on saturday at the cup, an estimated 90-100,000 in Denver for 420, it was a mad house bud, I smoked sooooo much oil in 2 days.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
no dry ice involved, just 2 screens and a table top. some rubber spacers to stop any vibration transferred from top screen to lower screen, gravity and gentle working of the trim on the top screen, the correct distance between the 61lpi and the 86 lpi will result in the trich heads rolling through the screen while the trich stems and other rubbish will mostly land horizontally on the 86 and not fall through. apparently by wiping the screen with a rag you create a static charge which also helps to trap the crap. but you can not work long in the same place on the screen obviously, but set up correctly it's a fast way to make a very very clean product. at least thats what it looked and sounded like, i have yet to try this method myself.

mack 10

Veteran
Even bubbleman's rocking DSW tech. Check his new youtube vid's if ya don't belive me.

zamzia

Veteran
Hey mack 10, yeah it sure does save all that sitting there and mixing. and it really allows you to save time over all too. i did 4 runs in the end in the time i usually do 2. and both the 3rd and 4th run were worth doing and still didnt look green at all. although i am disapointed in the leak and the missing 25 or 45 bag with the machine. but if you have your own bags it's an awesome help, although to be really i regret not getting the xl version. have another old batch of trim to do before i can star using the real dank trim from my more recent grows, with cheese and sour diesely genetics.

thank ya kindly. starting a new run today, but before that i wanted to post up some dry shots. i went for an experiment with the drying process, leaving the 73 from the second run in it's original patty, looks really nice i think you'll agree, hehe. but it's clear that it's taking longer to dry then the other samples which i broke up while they were still soft. despite that though even the small bits are still bendy, lol, so either there is still some moisture, or it's actually pretty damn clean. anyway check out the dry shots....

View Image[/UR/URL]

My bubble hash looks awful in comparison. I ran the bags the other day. I'll post a PIC up for comparison if that's OK.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
what does lpi stand for?

so you don't card through the last screen you just let gravity do the work to let mostly all heads through?

:smoke out:

Latest posts

Latest posts