What's new

bad Light burn :(

jnlockar

so as I was asleep apparently the light fell and burned up my baby girl. Any ideas on what I should do to save her shes burned really bad she was on a 12 12 light cycle

W

weedss

just lower the pot from the lights. My plant got burn and got stunted but still growing. i don't think there isn't much to do but wait them to recover.

hempfield

Organic LED Grower
Veteran
Just fix the light in place to avoid future incidents and wait. There is nothing you can do to heal a burned plant.

R

raypack

Cut off any damaged parts - they will rot and compromise the rest of the crop.

I'm sure this doesn't even need to be said but please make sure the light is connected properly now. Something much more serious could result from an incident like this too.

jnlockar

Ill be posting pics hopefully today and thanks for the advice everyone
and the lights fell because the string that was holding it up snapped

string to hold a light that can burn a plant is a bad idea in the first place thats just a wick for fire to spread. find a chain or some wire that is not flamable and able to hold up a few lights.
be happy it was just the plant that got burned.

Rjstoner

i have broke alot of branches you can stake and support them and wrap the wound if it dies it dies if it lives shouldnt rot out or anything cut of any leaf damaged more than 70% you can also leave leaf and just trim off burnt area if you want

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran

This is something I (koff koff) have never done (koff koff)... yeah, right.

Welcome to the club, you are not alone.