What's new

help how close till flowering

Friend

Veteran
if youre looking to yield that much you should probably wait about 4 more weeks to switch to flower, that way the plant has time to grow branches

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
What kind of lights?

What kind of space?

What strain again?

I could answer "Just enough that you won't outgrow your space" but that would be as vague as your question. :D

More details please. :D

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

Bullfrog44

Veteran
That looks like a micro set up and 2-3 ounces seems like a lot for that type of set up. Good luck though.

LetsSeeYa

not with those lights. you might have a better chance getting a ok yield with a scrog and more cfl's. Keep them close and make sure heat doesnt build up under them. your lights are way better for this type of yield your looking for, but you will need more. look for y splitters you can put 4 together in one hook light. maybe 4 lights so 16 bulbs might get ya close.

2 cents

LSY

Warped1

I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses
Veteran
Well with those cfl's I wouldn't expect 2oz. A 250 hps or maybe a 400 would be a lot better. If it were me, I'd get that plant as close to the lights as possible and flip now.

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
Youll need 3x more cfl's to get 2oz off that one plant. And scrog or LST as others said.

Buju09

If you're going to stick with those lights I'd recommend constructing some sort of cab, get the lights on a hook and chain system to raise them as it grows. Again to reiterate scrog'n is probably best suited for the lighting and size restriction. The penetration sub canopy will be poor so having a nice full canopy would maximize you're results in my opinion. That is partially why I recommend a box or even 2x4s with poly (plastic tarp like stuff with a white side to reflect light) around them and a roof to hold the lighting hooks etc. this way you'd be saving any light that is escaping without first bouncing of a wall and at you're plants and the increased stealth factor.

Warped1

I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses
Veteran
If you're going to stick with those lights I'd recommend constructing some sort of cab, get the lights on a hook and chain system to raise them as it grows. Again to reiterate scrog'n is probably best suited for the lighting and size restriction. The penetration sub canopy will be poor so having a nice full canopy would maximize you're results in my opinion. That is partially why I recommend a box or even 2x4s with poly (plastic tarp like stuff with a white side to reflect light) around them and a roof to hold the lighting hooks etc. this way you'd be saving any light that is escaping without first bouncing of a wall and at you're plants and the increased stealth factor.
And there isn't much light to save.

jnlockar

ok thanks for all the comments so I guess I need to step up my game so
300w =65w huge cfl 3900 lumens
heres the sour d X trainwreck

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
thats not an upgrade if you took out the other cfl's. 4 of the 65w cfl's can get you 2+

LetsSeeYa

no this is the flowering room were making the veg room still making it hydroponic

Man dont even think hydro till ya get a good grow going in soil as one bad move in hydro may sink the grow, but soil will give you a chance to fix a problem.

You can use CFL's for a good grow, but you need to keep your lights concentrated on the plants. You do this by keeping a white enclosure of what ever to bank light back to your plant. Also like iv said and others, a scrog will help you produce more of the yield your looking for. Look at some grow logs, some very killer scrogger's out there that will spell out just the info you need.

Here is my first set-up with CFL's. I had around 200 watts of CFL growing four plants, but no scrog. I did OK with yield, but may have doubled it by using scrog method. See how i used painted white card board to enclose the area and used the hook lights to concentrate light to the plants. Everything reflective you can add and compact your grow area will help with CFL growing.

Not everyone can rock a 400/600hps, but maximizing your lights with reflective materials and using methods like the scrog will help. Now im not sure of your experience, but based on your first question, id say first grow, IMO. So do some reading as we all do and learn as you grow this plant out with no expectation of yield, just grow/read/learn, then next grow improve on it. Each grow should get better as a goal you set for yourself. No one here starts with a 3oz grow with one plant. At least not with your current set-up.

These hook lights are 7.99 at wally world and splitters are under 3.00. This will help and its not all in the watt of light your using to as these were mostly 26w CFL's, but if you can spread them out under a scrog keeping the canopy even, you will get a nice grow. I am not saying that all 300 watt bulbs would be better, i am only saying to veg long and grow under a screen with lights evenly across your grow will help, and keep them as close as you can. But dont count them chickens man, cuz till ya rock out a few grows only you will know your estimated yield. As you step up the grow area you will see a big difference. And get a fan in there moving air or you will see your leaves start to wrinkle and you need as less stress as you can prevent.

picture.php

Ask more questions as you read, i will help ya as much as i can, but ya gotta read:)

LSY

Latest posts

Latest posts